1. The Last of Us: My game of the generation. This game is a masterpiece. The gameplay is great. Soundtrack is amazing. The story is he best in a game. It's really emotional. Joel and Ellie are amazing characters. Plus the graphics are just the icing on the cake.
2. Red Dead Redemption: My second contender for the game of the generation. The best game R* ever made, better than GTA V in many ways. The storyline, characters, gameplay, soundtrack and atmosphere are all fantastic. The greatest open world game of all time. I f*cking love it.
3. Grand Theft Auto V: The best GTA. Great storyline, amazing world and improved gameplay over IV. It does have flaws, it's not perfect. The dynamic score is great though I wish I could say the same about the radio stations. The stealth system doesn't work properly outside of missions and the car damage sucks. Other then that, it's amazing.
4. Demon's Souls: Demon's Souls. It has great gameplay, the atmosphere is fantastic, the level design is one of the best and the soundtrack is pretty damn good too. The combat system is the best I've ever seen in a game. I also love how the lore is told through the world itself.
The online system is unique. Its so much fun invading people or vice versa. Or some jolly co-op.
I could've chosen Dark Souls over this but Dark Souls has some flaws and I also haven't finished it yet.
5. Dark Souls: I'm ranking this lower than Demon's Souls because of a few flaws. Mainly technical flaws. Also a few bosses were felt like rehashed versions from DeS. It's still an amazing game. I haven't finished it yet though. I love the level design in this one too.
1. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas: Simply one of the best games of all time. It had it all. I remember when I first played it and was awed by the huge map. It had a sh*t load of stuff to do and was insanely fun.
2. God of War II: I was really hyped for this game when it was announced. After the first GoW, I wanted more. And this one delivered. It improved upon the original and me and my cousin had a total blast playing through it. Also, that intro was f*cking awesome too. I was awed by the sheer scale of it all.
3. God of War: I still remember the first time I played it. I was blown away by the amazing graphics, the intense violence and the scale of the game. That intro is still amazing.
4. Bully: One of the most underrated open world games of all time. This was one of R*s best game. The feeling of being a student in a crazy school and being able to do what you liked was great. The soundtrack was great and the story was pretty good too. This game had the melee combat system I've always wanted in other R* games. Sadly, we still haven't gotten it.
5. Sly Cooper Series: Probably one of the most underrated game series of all time. I didn't get a chance to play it when it came out. I got the HD collection with my PS3 and I f*cking loved it. The gameplay is great along with the good story and characters, this makes a series that is really worth playing.
Note: If I didn't mention your favourite PS2 game then that means I haven't played it. I never really got to chose the games.
1. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas: I had a ton of fun playing this on PS2. Then I discovered mods on PC and that instantly increased the fun and my playtime.
2. Grand Theft Auto Vice City: This was my first GTA and probably my first proper open world game. It was love at first sight. Everything in this game is fantastic. The soundtrack, the atmosphere and the story. I loved it all.
3. Terraria: I used to play Minecraft. A lot of Minecraft. Then I discovered Terraria. I fell in love with it at once. This game has a sheer amount of content. It's just so much fun digging for ores and stuff. That feeling when you discover an ore that you've never seen and mine it. The soundtrack is really good too. After defeating the boss required to go into Hardmode, I kinda stopped playing for a while. I played it time from time though. Then the new update was announced, which is the icing on an already delicious cake.
4. Minecraft: This was my surprise hit this generation. When I first saw a few pictures for it I thought that it looked average with bad graphics. But when I finally played it, I knew this was something really great. That feeling of accomplishment when you make your first cave house. Or even when finding a vein of diamond ore. The game is amazing and it will be played by generations to come.
5. Either Mirror's Edge or Red Faction Guerilla or Hitman series (except Absolution).
Honorable Mentions: Prince of Persia series, God of War III, Infamous 2, Assassin's Creed series, Splinter Cell series, Moonstone: A Hard Day's Knight and Far Cry 3.
Okay so that takes us to my 5 all time favorite games.
1. The Last of Us
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. Grand Theft Auto V
5. Demon's Souls
Edited by rotipuj, 09 October 2013 - 07:52 AM.