• twannie1997

Ready for PC

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

I actually don't know :O

But yeah lists for various platforms in no particular order:

PC:

Half-Life (just loved the AI, the Deathmatch, mods like Sven Coop, scientists screaming)

Counter-Strike: Source (brilliant multiplayer FPS game which still looks beautiful after 9 years)

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (oh.. the time I wasted in SA-MP)

Left 4 Dead 2 (not a fan of the zombie games, but well friends can make anything fun right?)

Portal 2 (the custom puzzle creator, yelling at the other co-op bot, and being able to play with PS3 and Xbox 360 players)

PS2:

Need For Speed Carbon (the times I have been chased through the dark streets by racers or police cars)

Gran Turismo 4 (took about 5 damn years and still haven't gotten to 50% of the massive game without cheats)

Burnout 2 (crashing, trashing metal, doing glitches and going 160mph with dynamic music blasting out of the TV)

---

---

PS3:

Grand Theft Auto V (Most athmospheric game I ever played)

Modern Warfare 3 (Great Multiplayer gameplay, it's always fun)

Doom Classic Complete (The time of bad music, blasting others in split screen with rocket launchers and BFG, so much yelling and Co-Op is fun too)

---

---

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Smoother than silk

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:58 AM

1) GTA IV

2) GTA V

3) VC

4) Forza 4

5) Assaasin's Creed II

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

1.Sleeping Dogs

2.Tomb Raider

3.Zelda Wind Waker

4.GTAIV

5.Forza Horizon

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

1. System Shock 2

2. Half-Life

3. Fallout 2

4. GTA IV

It's rahter hard to pick the game for fifth position of this list, so I'll leave it open for a while. Also don't take the positions too seriously, as I generally don't like picking one title over another. 

*Clutch*
  • *Clutch*

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:59 AM Edited by *Clutch*, 03 October 2013 - 11:03 AM.

1. Mafia 1

2. GTA San Andreas Multiplayer (sa-mp)

3. GTA V

4. Mafia II

5.Syberia 1-2

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:11 AM Edited by AceKingston, 03 October 2013 - 11:12 AM.

1) GTA Vice City :I'd put IV too but the nostalgia is just too much. By far the best game I played with replay value, maybe it had a lot of replay value for me because I was like 6 or 7 when I was playing it and it was just insanely fun blowing up everything. Even now I feel it was the best game with replay value despite it not having a lot of content like in San Andreas. I found myself getting bored of San Andreas but the same can't be said for Vice City. Other notable things would be the soundtrack, the story and the atmosphere of the game itself.

2) GTA IV: Coming second to Vice. The game is highly underappreciated by the Community. It's got a great atmosphere which is on par with Vice City. It isn't as fun as Vice City, it's still fun but there's just more 'serious' stuff to do, which I like nonetheless. Liberty City is absolutely beautiful in the game and the storyline is fantastic. When I play the story I feel I have a close connection with the characters.

3) Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare: Probably my personal favorite FPS of all time. The story is just insanely good and well it had good graphics for a 2007 game. The missions were fun and it was the last COD game before the series became the same thing all over with no change except for the story.

4) Half-Life 2: Another personal favorite FPS of mine. It might tie with COD 4. It's a great game and for a 2004 game it has amazing graphics. The story is great and it's definitely the best PC exclusive out there. A masterpiece by Valve.

5) Halo: Combat Evolved: Another FPS. Insanely fun with a great story. Addicting and it's a bit different in my opinion from other FPS'es.

sanpreet
  • sanpreet

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

On the Xbox 360.

Far Cry 3

Metro Last Light

Tomb Raider -2013

GTA V

Kameo

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:10 AM

Narrowed/Renewed list for Xbox 360:

1. GTA V: Solely for the exceptional story, satire, and political allegory. Everything else is what one would expect with a new GTA (i.e., driving, shooting, cars, map)

2. GTA IV+DLCs

3. Skyrim+DLCs

4. Red Dead Redemption

5. *Open for discussion*

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:05 AM

1. GTA: San Andreas
  2. Oblivion
  3. Ultima 7 a & b
  4. Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (series)
  5. Legend of Zelda (series)

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:55 AM Edited by Futo, 08 October 2013 - 04:42 AM.

1. Vice City ( my best game ever)
2. GTA III
3. Resident Evil 4
4. Resident Evil
5. Tenchu 2

This gen

1. GTAV
2. TLOU
3. RDR
4. Fallout 3
5. Skyrim

Honourable mentions:

San Andreas. GTA IV. POP Sands Of Time. Tomb Raider (original). MGS1. AC2. The PES series 1997-2005. Beyond Good and Evil. Mafia. MoH Frontline. Far Cry 3, Uncharted 2+3.

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:57 AM

2. GTA III
3. Resident Evil 4
4. Resident Evil
5. Tenchu 2

This gen

1. GTAV
2. TLOU
3. RDR
4. Fallout 3
5. Skyrim

Honourable mentions:

San Andreas. GTA IV. POP Sands Of Time. Tomb Raider 1. MGS1. AC2. The PES series 1997-2005. Beyond Good and Evil. Mafia. MoH Frontline. Far Cry 3

Replace Fallout 3 with GTA IV.

Futo
  • Futo

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:00 AM Edited by Futo, 07 October 2013 - 04:00 AM.

2. GTA III
3. Resident Evil 4
4. Resident Evil
5. Tenchu 2
This gen
1. GTAV
2. TLOU
3. RDR
4. Fallout 3
5. Skyrim
Honourable mentions:
San Andreas. GTA IV. POP Sands Of Time. Tomb Raider 1. MGS1. AC2. The PES series 1997-2005. Beyond Good and Evil. Mafia. MoH Frontline. Far Cry 3

Believe me it's a close thing. But FO3 edges it for me. Love IV tho.

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

- PC - 
1. Diablo III
2. Heroes Of Might And Magic III
3. Diablo II
4. Dark Messiah: Might and Magic
5. Cabal Online

- Playstation 3 -
1. Metal Gear Solid 4
2. Demons Souls & Dark Souls
3. Skyrim
4. GTA V
5. Red Dead Redemption or Journey

- Xbox 360 - 
1. Halo CE
2..Halo 4
3. Forza Horizon
4. Lost Oddysey
5. Halo 3

- All Systems -
1. Metal Gear Solid 4
2. Final Fantasy X
3. Final Fantasy VII
4. Halo CE
5. Halo 4 or The Legend Of The Dragoon (God I wish a sequel would be made..)

rotipuj
  • rotipuj

That's all I got

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:31 PM Edited by rotipuj, 09 October 2013 - 07:52 AM.

For PS3:

1. The Last of Us: My game of the generation. This game is a masterpiece. The gameplay is great. Soundtrack is amazing. The story is he best in a game. It's really emotional. Joel and Ellie are amazing characters. Plus the graphics are just the icing on the cake.

2. Red Dead Redemption: My second contender for the game of the generation. The best game R* ever made, better than GTA V in many ways. The storyline, characters, gameplay, soundtrack and atmosphere are all fantastic. The greatest open world game of all time. I f*cking love it.

3. Grand Theft Auto V: The best GTA. Great storyline, amazing world and improved gameplay over IV. It does have flaws, it's not perfect. The dynamic score is great though I wish I could say the same about the radio stations. The stealth system doesn't work properly outside of missions and the car damage sucks. Other then that, it's amazing.

4. Demon's Souls: Demon's Souls. It has great gameplay, the atmosphere is fantastic, the level design is one of the best and the soundtrack is pretty damn good too. The combat system is the best I've ever seen in a game. I also love how the lore is told through the world itself.

The online system is unique. Its so much fun invading people or vice versa. Or some jolly co-op.

I could've chosen Dark Souls over this but Dark Souls has some flaws and I also haven't finished it yet.

5. Dark Souls: I'm ranking this lower than Demon's Souls because of a few flaws. Mainly technical flaws. Also a few bosses were felt like rehashed versions from DeS. It's still an amazing game. I haven't finished it yet though. I love the level design in this one too.

For PS2:

1. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas: Simply one of the best games of all time. It had it all. I remember when I first played it and was awed by the huge map. It had a sh*t load of stuff to do and was insanely fun.

2. God of War II: I was really hyped for this game when it was announced. After the first GoW, I wanted more. And this one delivered. It improved upon the original and me and my cousin had a total blast playing through it. Also, that intro was f*cking awesome too. I was awed by the sheer scale of it all.

3. God of War: I still remember the first time I played it. I was blown away by the amazing graphics, the intense violence and the scale of the game. That intro is still amazing.

4. Bully: One of the most underrated open world games of all time. This was one of R*s best game. The feeling of being a student in a crazy school and being able to do what you liked was great. The soundtrack was great and the story was pretty good too. This game had the melee combat system I've always wanted in other R* games. Sadly, we still haven't gotten it.

5. Sly Cooper Series: Probably one of the most underrated game series of all time. I didn't get a chance to play it when it came out. I got the HD collection with my PS3 and I f*cking loved it. The gameplay is great along with the good story and characters, this makes a series that is really worth playing.

Note: If I didn't mention your favourite PS2 game then that means I haven't played it. I never really got to chose the games.

For PC:

1. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas: I had a ton of fun playing this on PS2. Then I discovered mods on PC and that instantly increased the fun and my playtime.

2. Grand Theft Auto Vice City: This was my first GTA and probably my first proper open world game. It was love at first sight. Everything in this game is fantastic. The soundtrack, the atmosphere and the story. I loved it all.

3. Terraria: I used to play Minecraft. A lot of Minecraft. Then I discovered Terraria. I fell in love with it at once. This game has a sheer amount of content. It's just so much fun digging for ores and stuff. That feeling when you discover an ore that you've never seen and mine it. The soundtrack is really good too. After defeating the boss required to go into Hardmode, I kinda stopped playing for a while. I played it time from time though. Then the new update was announced, which is the icing on an already delicious cake.

4. Minecraft: This was my surprise hit this generation. When I first saw a few pictures for it I thought that it looked average with bad graphics. But when I finally played it, I knew this was something really great. That feeling of accomplishment when you make your first cave house. Or even when finding a vein of diamond ore. The game is amazing and it will be played by generations to come.

5. Either Mirror's Edge or Red Faction Guerilla or Hitman series (except Absolution).

Honorable Mentions: Prince of Persia series, God of War III, Infamous 2, Assassin's Creed series, Splinter Cell series, Moonstone: A Hard Day's Knight and Far Cry 3.

Okay so that takes us to my 5 all time favorite games.

1. The Last of Us

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Grand Theft Auto V

4. Terraria

5. Demon's Souls

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

2. GTA III
3. Resident Evil 4
4. Resident Evil
5. Tenchu 2
This gen
1. GTAV
2. TLOU
3. RDR
4. Fallout 3
5. Skyrim
Honourable mentions:

Don't get me wrong FO3 is very, very good, but even Crysis 2 (at least for PC) was better. Crysis has always been my fav shooter game. I had a hard time believing that GTA IV was not present on your list.

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

@rotipuj

I would add TLOU to my list because I have played through the enire campaign. However, I do not own the game as I am a Xbox guy. If I owned TLOU (owning a physical copy) I would rank it in my list. 

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

NES

-StarTropics

-Duck Hunt

-Super Mario Bros 3

Gameboy

-Super Mario Land 2 Six Golden Coins

-Pokemon Red

SNES

-Donkey Kong Country 2

-Super Mario RPG

-Contra III The Alien Wars

-Sunset Riders

-TMNT IV Turtles in Time

N64

-Banjo Kazooie

-The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

-Diddy Kong Racing

Gameboy Advance

-Dragon Ball Z Buu's Fury

-Dragon Ball Z Supersonic Warriors

-The Legend of Zelda Minish Cap

-Pokemon Emerald

Gamecube

-The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker

Nintendo DS

-The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks

-Super Mario 64 DS

-WarioWare Touch

-Elite Beat Agents

-Pokemon Heart Gold

-Pokemon White

Wii

-The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

-The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword

-Super Mario Galaxy 2

-Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Nintendo 3DS

-Super Mario 3D Land

-The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

Playstation 1

-Crash Bandicoot 2 Wrath of Cortex

-Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped

-Crash Team Racing

Playstation 2

-James Bond 007 Everything or Nothing

-Grand Theft Auto III

-Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi

-Jak and Daxter the Precursor Legacy

-God of War

PSP

-Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories

Playstation 3

-Uncharted 2 Among Thieves

-Infamous

-Saints Row 2

-God of War III

Xbox

-Max Payne

-Halo Combat Evolved

Xbox 360

-Gears of War

-Grand Theft Auto IV

-Grand Theft Auto V

-Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts

-Spider-Man 3

-Max Payne 3

Favorites

-Pokemon Red

-Donkey Kong Country 2

-Banjo Kazooie

-The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker

-The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

-James Bond 007 Everything or Nothing

-Grand Theft Auto III

-Max Payne

-Gears of War

-Grand Theft Auto IV

-Grand Theft Auto V

My All-Time Favorite: Banjo Kazooie. 

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Coded. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

1. Grand Theft Auto IV
  2. Saints Row 2
  3. Halo: Reach
  4. Sonic CD
  5. LSD Dream Simulator

ApolloTreed
  • ApolloTreed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

In no particular order...

Genesis
1)MK3
2)Street Fighter II (Tournament Edition)
3)Streets Of Rage 3
4)Killer Instinct Gold
5)Zombies Ate My Neighbors My Neighbors

PS1
1)Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
2)Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
3)Final Fantasy VII
4)Tekken 3
5)Marvel vs. Capcom 2

N64
1)Goldeneye
2)Donkey Kong 64
3)WWF Warzone/Wrestlemania 2000
4)Super Smash Bros.
5)Diddy Kong Racing

PS2
1)NBA Street Vol. 2
2)GTA Vice City
3)Manhunt
4)Tekken Tag Tournament
5)Twisted Metal Black

PS3
1)COD:MW2
2)Mortal Kombat
3)Uncharted 2: Amongst Thieves
4)Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time
5)GTA V

Futo
  • Futo

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:50 AM Edited by Futo, 08 October 2013 - 04:51 AM.

2. GTA III
3. Resident Evil 4
4. Resident Evil
5. Tenchu 2
This gen
1. GTAV
2. TLOU
3. RDR
4. Fallout 3
5. Skyrim
Honourable mentions:
San Andreas. GTA IV. POP Sands Of Time. Tomb Raider 1. MGS1. AC2. The PES series 1997-2005. Beyond Good and Evil. Mafia. MoH Frontline. Far Cry 3, Uncharted 2+3.

Don't get me wrong FO3 is very, very good, but even Crysis 2 (at least for PC) was better. Crysis has always been my fav shooter game. I had a hard time believing that GTA IV was not present on your list.
I don't class Crysis 2 in the same mould as FO3. Enjoyed Crysis 2 but thought 1 was slightly better. Not classics to me though, just very good games. I didn't play Crysis 3. Had no interest in it after the first 2. Too much the same. Plus I got FPS fatigue.

As for GTA IV I love it to bits and don't like excluding but like I said FO3 shades it for me. Bare in mind I also left out Uncharted 2+ 3.

LoneWolfMargaret
  • LoneWolfMargaret

Gamer, Artist, Lone Wolf.

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

In no particular order; Grand Theft Auto IV + TLAD & TBOGT, Skyrim, Yakuza 4, Alpha Protocol, Mass Effect series (can't pick one!).

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:11 AM

1) GTA IV

2) GTA V

3) VC

4) Forza 4

5) Assaasin's Creed II

You might be the first person I've seen who has put a racing game in their top 5. Very interesting. For me, the best racing game was the first NFS Undergound on PS2. Back before the days of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 and San Andreas. Good times. 

rotipuj
  • rotipuj

That's all I got

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

@rotipuj

I would add TLOU to my list because I have played through the enire campaign. However, I do not own the game as I am a Xbox guy. If I owned TLOU (owning a physical copy) I would rank it in my list. 

It doesn't matter if you own the game or not. If you liked it enough, just add it in the list. I no longer own some of the games on PS2 but I still added them to the list.

GTAFanatic81
  • GTAFanatic81

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

1. Beyond Two Souls

2. GTAV

3. Farcry 3

4. Forza Horizon

5. Conkers Bad Fur Day

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

1. Beyond Two Souls

I assure you it's just the graphics and the fact it's *new*.

GTAFanatic81
  • GTAFanatic81

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

I am loving it.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

1. Beyond Two Souls

You might want to put this in your personal all time top 5 movies list instead.

• icemagi likes this

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

1.Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker & Skyward Sword

2.Killer7 & Killer is Dead

3.No More Heroes 1 & 2

4.Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater & Peace Walker(at least until MGSV)

5.Chrono Trigger

So pretty much ties for most of em.  Can't decide which is better out of those series.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:00 AM

That's tough. Something like:

5) Age of Empires III

Oh God oh God oh God. The nerd rage inside of me lol I HATED that game so much, I feel like it was a huge step down from AOEII.

I love all my games. I can't really make a top 5 list because depending on my mood, I may love one game over the other. If I had to choose, though, right now...

PS3:

1. GTA V

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Skyrim

4. Batman Arkham City

5. Fallout 3 + DLC

All time:

1. GTA V

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Skyrim

4. Metal Gear Solid 3

5. Age of Empires 2