Photo

San Andreas or RDR?

36 replies to this topic
Pastor_Richards
  • Pastor_Richards

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:16 AM

Sup, I haven't had much time for videogames in the past few years and now that I have a chance I've been catching up with some of my favorite series...

I've just beaten gta iv & episodes and now I'm deciding which game from the two I mention in the topic title to beat before I play gta v, I will get it in october so I have about a month to finish one of them.

My concern for playing them before gta v is more about the gameplay experience than about any plot connection/references in gta v to them. Since gta v is the natural evolution of those games and incorporates and perfects most of their gameplay elements (and adds lots of new things too) I feel I won't enjoy them as much after I play v.

On one hand san andreas is already outdated on the graphics side and other aspects by gta iv and on the other rdr will still feel like something new after gta v because of its western ambientation. (Also I played san andreas when it came out, however I never finished it because my ps2 broke right after I reached the airstrip missions. I got it for pc some time later but I never started it over again for lack of time)

So which one should I play in your opinion?

zzmorg82
  • zzmorg82

In the moment.

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

Play both if you can.

GTASeriesFan
  • GTASeriesFan

Realest GTA Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

If you really want to get the feeling you think you'll get from GTA V, then play San Andreas.

SIRHC13
  • SIRHC13

The One Who Gently Knocks

• Members

Play Max Payne 3(same gunplay) and RDR(similar cover mechanics + weapon wheel).

Archvile78
  • Archvile78

Playa

• Members

San Andreas since you haven't finished it.

UltimateVenom
  • UltimateVenom

We are Vemon!

• Members

I played RDR and then Need for Speed to get me hyped... worked well actually!

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

All da gamez

beastjeffrey
  • beastjeffrey

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

GTA SA > GTA 5

b1baller
  • b1baller

It's Just a Fourm.. Its Not That Serious

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:20 AM

Max Payne is a good play-through. You can beat it in about 3 days if you play for a couple hours a day.

I just beat Saints Row 4....

I only played RDR when it first came out, never beat it. Tonight im going to give it a try and see if I may stick with it until GTA come out, we'll see..

DryBomber5
  • DryBomber5

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

I'd play RDR because it's more recent and you'll get a better feel for the handling, because as I'm sure you're aware, there will be gameplay elements that were in RDR that will also be in GTA V (Weapon wheel for example).

But as others have said, just play both?

Felix Gibraltar
  • Felix Gibraltar

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

play san andreas since you never finished it

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

I'd say San Andreas since as soon as V comes out you won't even wanna play it anymore due to the outdated feeling. Might as well get one final SA run before it's successor takes over.

Gucci Mane Pizza Party
  • Gucci Mane Pizza Party

autistic gangbanger

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:29 AM

Max Payne 3 for shooting, RDR for the countryside and graphics, and SA for the location, features, planes, etc.

TyphoonJames
  • TyphoonJames

King Cobra

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (b1baller @ Thursday, Sep 5 2013, 00:20)
Max Payne is a good play-through. You can beat it in about 3 days if you play for a couple hours a day.

I only played RDR when it first came out, never beat it. Tonight im going to give it a try and see if I may stick with it until GTA come out, we'll see..

RDR really is a wonderful game. You could easily complete it before the 17th.

GoldDigga
  • GoldDigga

Evil Overlord of the Internet

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

SA foshoe!

mooby346
  • mooby346

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:48 AM

Honestly I would say play both, but if you live a normal life you probably won't have time before V comes out. Both have their perks, San Andreas being that it's the first time R* covered Los Santos, and RDR, being that it's the last free roam game R* put out before V, and you will see elements of it in V, such as using the dot to aim and the weapon wheel. I've been catching up on my R* library lately too, been playing mostly SA, just started playing RDR again, bought MP3 earlier this year and played EFLC as well. TL;DR: you can't go wrong with either.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:48 AM

Play San Andreas. icon14.gif

b1baller
  • b1baller

It's Just a Fourm.. Its Not That Serious

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (TyphoonJames @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 19:43)
QUOTE (b1baller @ Thursday, Sep 5 2013, 00:20)
Max Payne is a good play-through.  You can beat it in about 3 days if you play for a couple hours a day.

I only played RDR when it first came out, never beat it.  Tonight im going to give it a try and see if I may stick with it until GTA come out, we'll see..

RDR really is a wonderful game. You could easily complete it before the 17th.

icon14.gif

ChocoFrosty
  • ChocoFrosty

Trolley Surfing

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:50 AM

RDR

It will get you in the mood for being out in the wilderness. (Those absolutely amazing sunsets!)

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

GTA: San Andreas.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:53 AM

I would say play San Andreas again but only stay in Los Santos that way you can find similar landmarks when you play V.

And of course to get in the Los Santos vibe again.

SesameStPimp
  • SesameStPimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:54 AM

Pac Man

Mr.Nuggets
  • Mr.Nuggets

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:00 AM

Play RDR great game with a good story.

LUIGI1798
  • LUIGI1798

Godfather of The Grove

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:03 AM

San Andreas would be a good idea, just to get into the right mindset.

play it right up until release day and dont play any ANY other game.

then as soon as you play GTA V your mind will explode and you will have to change your underwear.

dabum916
  • dabum916

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:07 AM

RDR because you have a completely different setting. San Andreas is fun, but RDR is so much more fun with a lot more to offer. If you haven't bought RDR and choose it over SA go for the game of the year edition.

severed
  • severed

Old Skool

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:14 AM

I find it hard to play older games in a series after playing newer ones, hence playing san andreas after playing 4 might be boring, I would play RDR asap otherwise GTA5 will make RDR look boring. and then go back to san andreas since its already the oldest one(besides gta3) RDR is way better the GTA4 anyway and you shouldn't miss out on such a great game, seriously hurry up and play it all the way through right now

but I played gta3 first and after playing both gta3 and vice city, I got bored with san andreas. my personal favorite always has been 3 bcuz it doesn't have any of the lame ass missions where you shop for clothes or golf.

Muhammad Hamdan
  • Muhammad Hamdan

Spammaster

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (Pastor_Richards @ Thursday, Sep 5 2013, 05:16)
Sup, I haven't had much time for videogames in the past few years and now that I have a chance I've been catching up with some of my favorite series...

I've just beaten gta iv & episodes and now I'm deciding which game from the two I mention in the topic title to beat before I play gta v, I will get it in october so I have about a month to finish one of them.

My concern for playing them before gta v is more about the gameplay experience than about any plot connection/references in gta v to them. Since gta v is the natural evolution of those games and incorporates and perfects most of their gameplay elements (and adds lots of new things too) I feel I won't enjoy them as much after I play v.

On one hand san andreas is already outdated on the graphics side and other aspects by gta iv and on the other rdr will still feel like something new after gta v because of its western ambientation. (Also I played san andreas when it came out, however I never finished it because my ps2 broke right after I reached the airstrip missions. I got it for pc some time later but I never started it over again for lack of time)

So which one should I play in your opinion?

Both first SA then RDR because first if you play RDR you may will not play SA because graphics are outdated but game is just awesome

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:39 AM

San Andreas really got me hyped. Some very good heist missions in there. Left me wondering just how they manged to go so far wrong with GTA 4.

AEJY
  • AEJY

Dimes

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:41 AM

I don't have to ask these kinds of questions, I make my own decisions

RockstarGROUPIE
  • RockstarGROUPIE

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:44 AM

I just started s.a today, downloaded on xbl cost a tenner but well worth it forgot how good the game actually was ive played all rockstars open world games since gta an lods of other main titles over the past couple of years but i can honestly say that gta s.a is the best game i played this year it blow my mind again, its not about grapics all about gameplay, so much to do, will help build your hype up more plus over 80 hours gameplay to keep you going, gta 5 has alot to look up to, i cant play gta 4 no more i have all 3 episodes but compared to s.a they aint nothing but pretty picture. in all respect, i know it was a new engine but now tey got the jist of it so it will be good to go back one last time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users