Photo

IGN confirmed it

68 replies to this topic
Dexter-Morgan
  • Dexter-Morgan

I kill bad people... SHHHHH!

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

IGN have confirmed smoking weed online and getting high... "Yes, really. You can invite your buddies to your apartment bought with persistent in-game cash and they can hang out, sit on your couch, and take hits off of your bong. You can even get high, which will have screen-altering effects."

What do you guys think?

nuer
  • nuer

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

Think of what...? There's nothing to add.

THemac
  • THemac

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (nuer @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 21:43)
Think of what...? There's nothing to add.

ass

RyanM1995
  • RyanM1995

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

Yeah that's actually pretty cool

5StarV
  • 5StarV

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

I'm also gonna smoke my own, just, you know, for full immersion tounge.gif

Anthonymrb
  • Anthonymrb

Collectors Edition

• Members
  • United-States

I do smoke weed with my friends after work everyday, and I am not excited about the screen filter for it. Weed doesn't effect people that much through their vision. I don't want the screen to blur and stuff. Colors should just brighten for a bit and thats it.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

I hope it isn't how Volition did it in Saints Row 2, it was more annoying then funny. I wasn't a fan of CJ getting high during the marijuana farming mission either, it made me dizzy.

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Now I wonder if we could sit down on Benches or the hood of the car in single player ( since they stated anything that's in single player is in online) monocle.gif

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

I think it's a totally pointless feature. I would rather spend my game time driving around wreaking havoc rather than sitting on a couch smoking weed.

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

I think its awesome and hilarious.

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:12 PM

If its a lame feature, don't do it? It's in the game so don't whine about it.

elopsekomsnayr
  • elopsekomsnayr

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (Carlover325 @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 21:52)
I think it's a totally pointless feature. I would rather spend my game time driving around wreaking havoc rather than sitting on a couch smoking weed.

this... sitting around smoking weed is a completely useless hobby in real life, let alone in a videogame. i can hear the 7th graders running to their buddies on the playground now "dude me and my boys got blazed on gta v last night yo... it was so dope. im a badass" rolleyes.gif

selamkardas
  • selamkardas

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:17 PM

useless.Its only a game so ist just like drinkin alcohol

Mocha
  • Mocha

Grease Monkey

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

I'd rather just smoke weed in real life.

Gucci Mane Pizza Party
  • Gucci Mane Pizza Party

autistic gangbanger

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

I think it's stupid.
You're in you dark room, hunching over with your eyes glued to the television, probably in just your underwear, and instead of rolling a blunt with them in real life, you're going to invite them to your alter ego's house, and smoke in a video game? What the f*ck? What do you get out of sitting in a house pretending to smoke weed with your friends in GRAND THEFT AUTO? Go kill some hookers and fly your planes into traffic.

SantosAssassin
  • SantosAssassin

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

Well I plan to get my character high before every mission soo

assmillk
  • assmillk

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (elopsekomsnayr @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 22:15)
I think it's a totally pointless feature.  I would rather spend my game time driving around wreaking havoc rather than sitting on a couch smoking weed.

this... sitting around smoking weed is a completely useless hobby in real life, let alone in a videogame. i can hear the 7th graders running to their buddies on the playground now "dude me and my boys got blazed on gta v last night yo... it was so dope. im a badass" rolleyes.gif

you really think kids would say that? no. It's not a dumb feature if it is adding the the realism and culture of Los Santos/Los angeles. The game would be incomplete without weed in it.

elopsekomsnayr
  • elopsekomsnayr

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (assmillk @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 22:20)

you really think kids would say that? no. It's not a dumb feature if it is adding the the realism and culture of Los Santos/Los angeles. The game would be incomplete without weed in it.

i would bet you a large LARGE amount of money that these exact words come out of some dipsh*t 12 yr olds mouth the opening day of gta v online.

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

Yeah because weed causing your vision to fog up is realistic.

Pilotmonkey
  • Pilotmonkey

BBQ SAUUUUUUCCCEEE

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (Gucci Mane Pizza Party @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 22:19)
I think it's stupid.
You're in you dark room, hunching over with your eyes glued to the television, probably in just your underwear, and instead of rolling a blunt with them in real life, you're going to invite them to your alter ego's house, and smoke in a video game? What the f*ck? What do you get out of sitting in a house pretending to smoke weed with your friends in GRAND THEFT AUTO? Go kill some hookers and fly your planes into traffic.

obviously suicidal.gif

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (elopsekomsnayr @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 22:24)

i would bet you a large LARGE amount of money that these exact words come out of some dipsh*t 12 yr olds mouth the opening day of gta v online.

Does smoking weed in the game ruin Gta V? If so, how? It's a cool little feature you can do. What's the problem? Like someone said, I plan on getting my character high before every mission just for the hell of it. Ill probably make my character f*ck some bitches too before I start some missions. High sex my dude, high sex.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Gucci Mane Pizza Party @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 22:19)
I think it's stupid.

So? You like to sit around in a dark room in your underwear playing with your friends?

In all reality, this is probably just something fun to do while planning heists in your apartment.
Also, my crew is based out of "all over Earth", so the idea of smoking a real blunt with them is rather idiotic.

Korisselys
  • Korisselys

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:29 PM

i smell lawsuits

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:30 PM

would be cool if they added some small depth of field effects considering that judging distances is more difficult while high. Course, the full effects depend on the person, so who knows what they will do.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (Korisselys @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 22:29)
i smell lawsuits

And how would those play out any different then the: "GTA showed me how to steal a car"

Smoking weed is 100% less criminal than Grand Theft, especially in LA.

cldd
  • cldd

Rock On

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:32 PM

It's not that the feature isn't cool, it's just useless. I love toking as much as the next guy but c'mon.

AcidicDavey
  • AcidicDavey

Long Time Lurker

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

Frankly, I'd rather smoke in real life and I've never even touched the stuff, not even once!

I guess it'll add to the immersion of all this little gangsta wannabes!

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (cldd @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 22:32)
It's not that the feature isn't cool, it's just useless. I love toking as much as the next guy but c'mon.

Like you're not going to do it.

f*ckin' all of you tounge2.gif

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (whatsstrength @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 21:51)
I hope it isn't how Volition did it in Saints Row 2, it was more annoying then funny. I wasn't a fan of CJ getting high during the marijuana farming mission either, it made me dizzy.

That sh*t made me get high as well. Wtf

assmillk
  • assmillk

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 22:25)

Yeah because weed causing your vision to fog up is realistic.

im saying weed in general should be part of the game. doesnt matter what effect it has on you i could care less. But as long as it plays some part in the game im happy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users