Photo

I hated the radio stations/songs

11 replies to this topic
Quartercan American
  • Quartercan American

Maybe in the future

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

I guess im the only one, But I think the music in Gta 4 was dull and not good when it comes to my taste, I only liked Ne-yo - because of you...and flashing lights by kanye west

that's it for me in that game, I just didn't like san juan sounds, Vladivostok, radio broker, the vibe none of them, Im glad they fixed it up in Gta V, Is anyone with me on this?

GTAnian
  • GTAnian

Rat

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

The only time I have the music turned up is when I am on a rampage in Cluckin' Bell

I never have the radio on whilst driving.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

I thought the radios were great. Liberty Rock Radio, L.C.H.C (Punk rock that not many people like), The Beat, a lil bit of Radio Broker and The Classics.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:12 AM

I personally loved the music in the game. Even the weird stuff played on Journey. I love almost everything on Radio Broker, Liberty Rock, Electro Choc, Beat, Vladivostok, Vibe, Classics and Vice City FM. I like the other radio stations too tho.

I think the only 2 stations I don't really enjoy listening to are the Fusion and Jazz ones. Not my type of music. I don't HATE them. I still listen to them, but not so much...

And then of course there's Independence FM, for my own music smile.gif

R* never disappoints when it comes to music imo, and I don't think they ever will.
  • Deadly Target likes this

pentaxian
  • pentaxian

PKDY Crew Representative

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:25 AM

i thought electro choc was epic, and i don't think it will be beat by anything similar in v. radio broker was a'rite, and even journey was cool once in a while. vladivostok was wack sometimes, but had some epic dance stuff more often than not.

TonyMontanaCDL
  • TonyMontanaCDL

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

The radio stations were weak in this game compared to previous, but I loved The Vibe for those awesome R&B classics. Marvin Gaye, Isley Bros, even the R Kelly song is good on that channel, and the underrated gems like Jodeci.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

Definitely it wasn't the best soundtrack. It really bothered me how the Liberty "Rock" Radio had pop and pop rock songs. Fortunately they kinda solved this in EFLC but, still, there were many songs I didn't really like. In addition, they were full of commercials.

In EFLC I hated the LCHC, Electrochoc and San Juan Sounds; what a terrible stations... However, I liked the addition of Vice City FM and personally I think that Vladivostock FM was improved.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:55 AM Edited by Tycek, 05 September 2013 - 09:05 AM.

I like almost all the stations from the original game, which maybe weren't filled with known songs, but created great atmosphere of LC. It's a bit sad that some of them were destroyed in the add-ons (mostly in TBoGT) to appeal people (like Vladivostok FM, which turned from eastern block music into some british crappy disco or Electrochoc, which gone from electro into some dance crap).

There are stations I don't listen of course, but I can't say if there was any that I would hate with a passion.

TehTacoGuy
  • TehTacoGuy

Half taco, half human.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:58 AM

I only liked a little bit of LRR and Radio Broker...

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Thursday, Sep 5 2013, 10:55)
It's a bit sad that some of them were destroyed in the add-ons (mostly in TBoGT) to appeal people (like Vladivostok FM, which turned from eastern block music into some british crappy disco or Electrochoc, which gone from electro into some dance crap).

That annoyed me at first, but I can understand why they did that. It wouldn't make sense for that Eastern European music to play while you control either Luis or Johnny, so they had to replace the original Vladivostok with something that would fit the style of TBOGT.

The new Vladivostok is still cool imo, and the new Elecrochoc too

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:07 AM

No, they are not. They should make the lists bigger in the add-ons, but they didn't have to ruin the line-up completely messing up the idea of the station. Vladivostok FM playing disco hosted by british DJ? What is the point to call it that then. It would make as much sense as San Juan Sounds playing German heavy metal. They could easily add eastern block disco music - yes, there is such type there or just make additional station for the music played in Bahama Mamas. Same with Electrochoc. Main problem with it, it's not Electro anymore and this issue could be fix as easily as the previous one.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

no i thought the soundtrack was good overall the journey was brilliant lrr had some fantastic tracks Vladivostok was interesting and the vibe had some pretty cool tracks but i will also admit as much as it pains me it falls way short of vice city and san Andreas in terms of the soundtrack but both do have the unfair advantage of being set in the 80/90s and lets face it music was for the most part better back then. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users