Photo

Anyone else kind of Pissed we're having a Mansion

78 replies to this topic
Happy_Go_Lucky
  • Happy_Go_Lucky

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

I'm pretty sure they'll be some pretty nice properties you can buy once you start earning money, probably even nicer than Michael's house.

skillz7855
  • skillz7855

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

You actually don't start off in a mansion with Mike more like hotel.

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

Kind of. Obtaining Diaz' mansion in VC is one of the best moments in GTA.

JvG-90
  • JvG-90

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

Yeah okay it was cool to get the Diaz mansion back in Vice City, but you actually couldn't do annything with it. I'm sure in GTA V you have a lot of stuff to do in and around the mansion. And there will be also a lot of other things you can buy in the game with the money you earn with the missions. In GTA V money really means something, more than other GTA games.

And besides, only Michael is rich from the beginning. I mean Trevor is living in a trailer, LOL. Maybe you can buy at a certain point a big house for him (or Franklin).

Dog_Bread
  • Dog_Bread

awake

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:22 PM

Michael having his mansion from the beginning ties neatly into the fact that his goals are not really financial. He is more concerned with the other kind of payoff one gets from crime, the adrenaline buzz, the sense of being in control, of saying "f*ck you" to the man and getting away with it. These are things he used to enjoy, before he settled down. Now he passes the time drinking, watching movies, and wishing he was young again and still in the game.

I'm not sure about other players, but I like GTA because of those exciting intangibles more than the fact that a counter in the top right tallies up a score in dollars.

GoldDigga
  • GoldDigga

Evil Overlord of the Internet

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

Umm, no?

THemac
  • THemac

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

We donít even know the story yet. He might be rich right now but could lose (not loose you bitches that spell it like this) it all in the first hour and have to start from scratch

Gajick
  • Gajick

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

sleepy.gif

Fatat18
  • Fatat18

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (ArcaneKnight @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 19:37)
Everyone was looking forward to that coveted mansion after they beat IV's single player, thinking maybe you'd get to fix up the run down one in Alderny. But that mansion never came. We were fed this rags to riches typed dream, we started from the bottom from nothing and then there we were, at the end of the game with no mansion in sight. It was a letdown to say the least.

Now were just having a mansion basically handed to us right from the start and that wasnt the way to go about it. I'm not even going to appreciate that mansion like I would have if i had earned it. Now its like i don't even care about mansions and if they're in the game or not because it means nothing if you don't have to work from nothing to be able to build your fortune up and earn it.

I'm not saying its a deal breaker when it comes to buying the game or not, but that killed a very important aspect of the game to me. Wondering how others felt about having a mansion handed to them as opposed to actually having to earn it throughout the whole story?

You didn't see the other mansions .....they are holy sh*t better than the one of micheal from the start....so I guess this mansion of yours is nothing compared to the others

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

Everyone was looking forward to that coveted mansion after they beat IV's single player, thinking maybe you'd get to fix up the run down one in Alderny. But that mansion never came. We were fed this rags to riches typed dream, we started from the bottom from nothing and then there we were, at the end of the game with no mansion in sight. It was a letdown to say the least.

Now were just having a mansion basically handed to us right from the start and that wasnt the way to go about it. I'm not even going to appreciate that mansion like I would have if i had earned it. Now its like i don't even care about mansions and if they're in the game or not because it means nothing if you don't have to work from nothing to be able to build your fortune up and earn it.

I'm not saying its a deal breaker when it comes to buying the game or not, but that killed a very important aspect of the game to me. Wondering how others felt about having a mansion handed to them as opposed to actually having to earn it throughout the whole story?

Well an in game mansion never defined gta anyways or online gaming. So thats a negative.

Also GTAIV was never meant to be conveyed as a rags to riches story, being that money really meant nothing yet your character somehow always needed it. Also the fact that at the end there was an overwhelming case of melancholy because the theme of GTAIV was it doesn't matter what you have, how much money is in the bank, how many strippers you see, hookers you f*ck, people you killed, houses you owned, the American dream is a fabrication fed to you by those who ultimately own you through currency.

Tampinha85
  • Tampinha85

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

I believe at one point of story you split up with Amanda and move out.

I f this doesn't happen ill move out anyway, already have a wife in real life so i want to live all by myself smile.gif

Rest assured there will be bigger and greater mansions to buy, we havent seen the Malibu area yet, im sure the mansions there will make Michaels look like a middle class house.

‹bermacht
  • ‹bermacht

It means Superior

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

In GTA IV people complain because they can't get a mansion, in GTA V people complain because they get a mansion...

There'll be plenty for you to work for- Jets, cars, boats, guns, houses, stocks...

Garganda
  • Garganda

Cockslapper

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

oh my god cry me a river fagboy

Kurtburt94
  • Kurtburt94

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

No i think it's great to start in a big place.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

We were never fed the idea of rags to riches.
We were told it'd be rags to slightly better rags.

That's it.

RyanM1995
  • RyanM1995

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

It's a nice change if you ask me. It's not like Trevor and Franklin are rich

Markhosdangerous
  • Markhosdangerous

Markos Dangerous

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:59 PM Edited by Markhosdangerous, 04 September 2013 - 09:04 PM.

Michael's house It's not such a big house to call it a mansion IMO

Diaz's mansion was a real mansion, but very empty on the interior confused.gif

KingGTAV
  • KingGTAV

Unutterably Mesmerized by New-Gen GTA: V.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

No, not in the slightest. smile.gif Michael's mansion is going to serve as a popular venue, which I am going to embark on exploring externally and internally. It is equipped with a host of amenities, which will in turn increase the degree of exploration and curiosity. smile.gif One very question that I pose, is as to if his adjacent garage will be accessible. The gameplay footage has validated that a grey Obey Tailgater sedan will spawn on the driveway; however, it looks as if the garage could capacitate two vehicles. smile.gif

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

we are being handed EVERYTHING

the entire map will be open from the start

you will have access to all hyper cars from the very start

you will probably have access to super weapons at all

everything will be handed too you

sinceGTAIII
  • sinceGTAIII

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

wouldn't surprise me a bit if Michael gets kicked out. He's mid-lifing and he's a criminal... two things that generally put men in the doghouse. I also wouldn't be surprised to see both Franklin and Michael having to light out to Trevor's once they screw up their lives a little bit.

Also, all you get is that crappy burned out safe house at the end of Lost & Damned. So, there is precedent.

Mason GTA
  • Mason GTA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

I am. very. I think this game could possibly be the best game ever created and I'm beyond excited, I can't fu**ing wait

BUT

I so SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much with they chose trevor as the main charector, only 1 protag, and started from rags and let you build up to riches.

I already think this game is going to be an 11/10, but I think if it was 1 protag it would have been a 12-13/10

Outplug
  • Outplug

PSN: Headphenomenon

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:20 PM Edited by Outplug, 04 September 2013 - 09:22 PM.

No.

EDIT: It's ArcaneKnight again. Please, some mod please close this. He's just going to yammer on about how what he's established is fact. suicidal.gif

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

I don't know how the story will pan out for Michael and that mansion, if at any point he loses it due to his wife spending all his money and what not. So for all I know we can start off with everything, lose it, and then have to do heists to get us back to where we were.

Whether that turns out to be the case or not doesn't matter since there's still Franklin and Trevor who aren't as financially comfortable as Michael. I can see myself playing as Franklin and having that dream mansion outside of the hood to work towards. For Trevor, I dunno... maybe an upgraded Winnebago. But anyway, it should go without question that there will be things in game to work towards. Gotta wait and see.

Monsterousness
  • Monsterousness

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (ArcaneKnight @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 19:42)
QUOTE (Raavi @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 14:39)
You're no longer an errand boy, the times of being a mob boss' manservant are over. Which only is an improvement, now at least I get to enjoy my estate, and use it to the fullest extent possible. GTA V is not a rags-to-riches story.

GTA has always been about starting from nothing and basically building an empire that you can look back on and see all the things you achieved.

You don't get to enjoy the fruits of your labor in V, those things are already in place.

You're not thinking of franklin or trevor, they're stories look very rags to riches. Michael is just a tool for them to get in (or in trevors case 'back in') the criminal life.

Also why are you talking like you've played it already?

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

The creators already explained why Michael starts out that way back in November. They said Michael is the GTA protag who has already won, you already beat the game, now what happens next? Thats where Michael's story in V comes along.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

It doesn't bother me as we have three characters to play with. You want to go from rags to riches? Play as Trevor, buy a suit and become a corporate sellout. You want to be rich and possibly lose it all? Play as Michael. Franklin could work whatever way but starts of normal in a way. I see a lot of possible ways each character could play out. I find variety to be a lot better than all three been broke and having to work there way up to become rich. That's just telling the same story three times. confused.gif

DarkFalcon95
  • DarkFalcon95

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (Lil ski @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 21:25)
The creators already explained why Michael starts out that way back in November. They said Michael is the GTA protag who has already won, you already beat the game, now what happens next? Thats where Michael's story in V comes along.

That's why I find it so interesting. He's already won. Basically he's beat the game of GTA like we have in the past games. Now he wants back in. His knowledge about his past adventures will bring an interesting perspective on things.

Brad Maddox
  • Brad Maddox

Still B.R.A.D.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (ArcaneKnight @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 19:47)
QUOTE (Vorpax @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 14:41)
Given the situation we're in with GTAV it is pretty much self explanatory, Michael already seems to be established and rich person from the very start, so it wouldn't make much sense to keep his wallet empty! Its like he's wearing expensive suits, visiting yoga classes, has tennis court built at the backside of his mansion, a swimming pool and a lot more and all of a sudden has no money in his pockets? Just ask yourself why?...

I thought it was already established his wife took all his money/spent everything? He should've lost the house and everything else and that's how they pull off him being broke so people can make sense of it.

This whole starting with mansions stuff doesn't make sense to me it actually will somewhat ruin my experience with this game.

Please shut the f*ck up suicidal.gif

swagbucks
  • swagbucks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

ohh shut the hellll uppp. so what if we get one handed to us. there will be lotsss more property to buy. suicidal.gif

Demolition Man
  • Demolition Man

Made man

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

Why are people trying to convince this idiot? Just don't buy the game, problem solved. sly.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users