Quantcast

» «
Photo

How bad will your grades suffer with GTA V?

60 replies to this topic
Johnayx
  • Johnayx

WWE Fan/YouTuber (WrastlinJohnny)

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

For most of us still receiving education whether it'll be College or High School......and most likely even lower...GTA V seems to be a game that can be a huge distraction factor and may effect individuals that suffer from procrastination at a higher level. After reading IGN's article from yesterday and today, I can imagine how attached people will become. Yes, a lot of people can handle focusing on important things but a fair amount do the opposite. How do you presume GTA V will affect you and your school work?

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

I'll be mostly playing over my winter break so hopefully not at all.

Good topic icon14.gif . I was wondering when folks would formally address this.

GTAV_
  • GTAV_

B_E_N_1992

• Members

none. i don't go to school. besides my english is unpossibly good!

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

what is scuul? notify.gif

HudS
  • HudS

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

Hoping i won't get F- tounge.gif

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Relax, I'm a Doctor

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

Last year of HS, needless to say I'm f*cked.

Seriousman
  • Seriousman

Anti-ReligionMan

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

I'm in college and my grades aren't too bad. I'll only be playing GTA V on weekends because of school and work, so hopefully the game doesn't interfere too much with those two things.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

Yeah uh... I ain't never really been into school all that much...

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:38 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 04 September 2013 - 05:40 PM.

I'm out of college for the time being but....

lolzz19
  • lolzz19

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

I don't even want to think what will happen

TaazR
  • TaazR

Interiors & Parkour

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

Lol the last (and only important) year of high school is the year GTA V comes out... f*ck my luck. R* and their sh*tty management causing a delay for every single game they make is quite annoying. It would've been perfect if it came out during Spring like it was suppoused to, or even Summer.

LennonNL
  • LennonNL

English Rose

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

Lower than high school? What formal exams take place before GCSE's?! Year 6 SATs when you're 11 lol.gif

DarkFalcon95
  • DarkFalcon95

Thug

• Members

Not even in college at the moment. So I have all day every day to play this game.

black_benz
  • black_benz

Work hard, play hard

• Members

I've already graduated college. So they won't suffer. However, my grades wouldn't have suffered if I were currently in school. Mainly because when I was in school (commuted to Chicago) I was at school from pretty much 9 a.m. to around 6 p.m. about 4 days a week. In the time between classes, I would spend a lot of time studying, and so on. Worked out pretty well. Prior to me going to university in the city, I went to a college-town school in the middle of no where where I would lounge in the dorm all day with the roommates/suitemates just f*cking around. It's likely my grades, had I been in that environment, would have suffered considerably tounge2.gif

Johnayx
  • Johnayx

• Members

QUOTE (taazr @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 17:38)
Lol the last (and only important) year of high school is the year GTA V comes out... f*ck my luck. R* and their sh*tty management causing a delay for every single game they make is quite annoying. It would've been perfect if it came out during Spring like it was suppoused to, or even Summer.

Except GTA V was delayed to polish up the game more so it could be better! Good luck dude handling GTA and your last year of HS , I'm entering Junior year

Johnayx
  • Johnayx

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (LennonNL @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 17:40)
Lower than high school? What formal exams take place before GCSE's?! Year 6 SATs when you're 11 lol.gif

Lower than HS as in kids younger than 13

black_benz
  • black_benz

Work hard, play hard

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

Senior year is probably one of the easiest years in high school. You've already been accepted into a college and all it comes down to is making sure you don't completely f*ck up your grades and maintain your GPA -- which is why you take easy classes.

Junior year, in my experience, is the most stressful year (in both high school and college) -- high school because you're taking your ACTs, SATs, etc. College because that's usually your most major-intensive year where you're balls deep in the knitty gritty of whatever you're studying in school - freshman/sophomore consist of gen ed courses, and introductory classes, senior year consists of alternative classes and leadership/experience classes.

LennonNL
  • LennonNL

English Rose

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (Johnayx @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 17:42)
Lower than high school? What formal exams take place before GCSE's?! Year 6 SATs when you're 11  lol.gif

Yeah and how would kids grades suffer when they're younger than 13? You don't have any exams younger than 13! Plus you shouldn't be anywhere f*cking near GTA younger than 13!

Skyline91
  • Skyline91

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

I'm too lazy to put a lot of effort into my education anyway so gta V will probably not have any inpact anyway.

LennonNL
  • LennonNL

English Rose

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (black_benz @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 17:45)
Senior year is probably one of the easiest years in high school. You've already been accepted into a college and all it comes down to is making sure you don't completely f*ck up your grades and maintain your GPA -- which is why you take easy classes.

Junior year, in my experience, is the most stressful year (in both high school and college) -- high school because you're taking your ACTs, SATs, etc. College because that's usually your most major-intensive year where you're balls deep in the knitty gritty of whatever you're studying in school - freshman/sophomore consist of gen ed courses, and introductory classes, senior year consists of alternative classes and leadership/experience classes.

I don't have a clue what half of the terms you are using mean smile.gif

Here's how the UK do it: High school = Year 7 (aged 11) through Year 11 (aged 16). Then College/Sixth Form - Lower sixth (first year aged 16/17) then upper sixth (2nd year aged 17/18). THEN University (first year, second year, third year)

Easy! Sophomore and all that sh*t pfttt tounge2.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

If your grades will actually suffer because of a video game, you have to go to the nearest therapist and sign for a 7-days a week session.

Johnayx
  • Johnayx

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (LennonNL @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 17:45)
QUOTE (Johnayx @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 17:42)
Lower than high school? What formal exams take place before GCSE's?! Year 6 SATs when you're 11  lol.gif

Yeah and how would kids grades suffer when they're younger than 13? You don't have any exams younger than 13! Plus you shouldn't be anywhere f*cking near GTA younger than 13!

'Murica sir

TheItalianStig
  • TheItalianStig

The soldier

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

Last year of High School so...idk. Hope i'll find a way to study.

jukebox
  • jukebox

Sgt. Knox

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

How about you limit yourself, you can play gta when ever but you mess up your education because of a game, certain doors shut and stay closed. Hope you get what you need done and then play, dont choose gta over your education/life. good luck, hope you can keep from being tempted.

black_benz
  • black_benz

Work hard, play hard

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (LennonNL @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 11:54)
QUOTE (black_benz @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 17:45)

I don't have a clue what half of the terms you are using mean smile.gif

Here's how the UK do it: High school = Year 7 (aged 11) through Year 11 (aged 16). Then College/Sixth Form - Lower sixth (first year aged 16/17) then upper sixth (2nd year aged 17/18). THEN University (first year, second year, third year)

Easy! Sophomore and all that sh*t pfttt tounge2.gif

Yeah, the U.S. system is a bit different tounge.gif

Elementary = 6 - 11 years old
Junior High = 11 - 14 years old
High School = 14 - 18 years old
College/University = 18 - 21 years old (although any age can attend)

ACT/SAT are college entrance exams that students take junior year in high school which will determine which schools they do/don't get into.

In the U.S. college and university are basically the same thing. But technically a university is a collection of different colleges. While a college is a single school.

So a university = business college, arts college, science college, etc.

Meanwhile some places of education consist of only one specialized college such as "tech" colleges that only focus on technology related fields, and so on.

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

shame to all those who are under 18 and in school. f*cking shame.

user posted image

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

It will have no negative effects on my grades. wink.gif I'm not going to risk all year A/B honor roll for a video game nor will I be taking days off for V either.

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

School/college doesn't exist after September 17.

Shadowscope345
  • Shadowscope345

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

Oooh, I'm in my final year of sixth form. Already had to stay back a year cos I messed up Y12. Gotta focus on this year, need to get B's for University, so GTA going to have to get pushed to the side until weekends.

moKoE_LoCz
  • moKoE_LoCz

A.S.A.P

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (taazr @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 17:38)

The last year is suppose to be your easiest year !!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users