GameStop Midnight Release Info

42 replies to this topic
MrOptimusGuy
  • MrOptimusGuy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

Hey Everyone! biggrin.gif
This morning i went to my GameStop to pay my GTA V Copy and i was talking to the Manager about whats going to happen on Midnight Release. The manager said that next week, people who Pre-Ordered GTA V will get a call from there GameStop store and they will explain that there will be a Giveaway/Party on Sept 16th! All GameStop stores may let people play the game before Midnight Release but GameStop has to talk to R* about letting people play the game before release. They will close GameStop at 9 PM to set up everything and let the Giveaway/Party Begin! biggrin.gif

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

The next GameStop store is 10000km away from me... may I can make it to get to GameStop.

Josh410
  • Josh410

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

Can you play it during the day of September 16th at GameStop

Galaxyass
  • Galaxyass

West Coast Rock Steady

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (maxoS @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 19:56)
The next GameStop store is 10000km away from me... may I can make it to get to GameStop.

Ten thousand? Where the hell do you live?

funcollar
  • funcollar

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

I went to gamestop to pay my copy and the guy told me that they will probably sell it on 16th, GameStop Spain.

Fisha695
  • Fisha695

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

So here is a question from somebody who's never done the Midnight release thing before but is doing it for this game. I read somewhere that you should show up around 10pm to "finalize your purchase" (I'm guessing that means pay off your pre-order) and then from that you get another receipt that you use to pick-up the game at midnight. Since I paid mine in full when I pre-ordered the other month do I have to do that or do I just use my receipt from when I pre-ordered (since I paid it off already)?

Found_Again
  • Found_Again

Ban Roulette Victim. :)

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

They did this with RDR. I was watching people playing it while waiting to get my copy. icon14.gif

StalinBballin
  • StalinBballin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

Funny, I just called the GameStop store I preorderd at and asked about a midnight release and the guy told me they ARE NOT doing a midnight release.

matsix
  • matsix

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

I hate when they do things like that. I don't want to see the gameplay before I play. But whatever, I guess I will try to not look.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

These kinds of events vary store to store, so call your local shop to get clarity on it

Fisha695
  • Fisha695

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (StalinBballin @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 16:02)
Funny, I just called the GameStop store I preorderd at and asked about a midnight release and the guy told me they ARE NOT doing a midnight release.

Your store must not have sold enough pre-orders to justify the expense of a midnight release then.

DawkinsEfect
  • DawkinsEfect

5-0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

I was told by my Gamestop that they might not have the midnight release since they are inside the mall and getting security. So if thats the case I would have to drive to another location to pick mine up. its a few more miles but still getting at midnight

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (Galaxyass @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 19:58)
QUOTE (maxoS @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 19:56)

Ten thousand? Where the hell do you live?

In germany, and there arn't any GameStops.

DawkinsEfect
  • DawkinsEfect

5-0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (StalinBballin @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 16:02)

call them back, mine told me they might not have one due to them being inside the mall. but I can still pick mine up at a different designated store.

RubberGrip
  • RubberGrip

Sticky Bandit

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

Lool who the hell is gna wana play the game before owning it?

Fisha695
  • Fisha695

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (DawkinsEfect @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 16:06)
I was told by my Gamestop that they might not have the midnight release since they are inside the mall and getting security. So if thats the case I would have to drive to another location to pick mine up. its a few more miles but still getting at midnight

Hmm mine is inside what is called a mall (it's really kind of a glorified strip-mall but you enter the stores from the interior instead of the exterior like most strip-malls) and it has a few 24hr stores (Giant grocery store, Rite-Aid & Movie Theater) so I'm guessing it'd be no problem for them.

Gamestop usually releases a list of stores a week or so before the game comes out though on their website so people should keep an eye out for that.

Bobbyleez
  • Bobbyleez

MARK NUTT!!

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

In Quebec, it's illegal to open after midnight.

Only exeptions are food stores, or rental stores. I pre-ordered from gamestop, so no midnight release here.

KingTeavis
  • KingTeavis

Finkle is Einhorn?

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

I just pre-ordered my copy last week and that store alone as sold, already, 500 copies. They are going to be having a "party" for their mid-night release as well.

Throw Bones
  • Throw Bones

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

The manager at my GameStop told me they are getting a dj and a pizza and hotdog stand and will have multiple Xbox and ps3s set up playing the game before midnight. He said come early they are expecting 900+ people.

bertkamp16
  • bertkamp16

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (Throw Bones @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 20:35)
The manager at my GameStop told me they are getting a dj and a pizza and hotdog stand and will have multiple Xbox and ps3s set up playing the game before midnight. He said come early they are expecting 900+ people.

That sounds awesome.

RX2000
  • RX2000

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

I think mine might be doing something like this. They've told me before that they have about 500 preorders for it now, but of course not everyone will show up at midnight (or maybe they will lol.)

They told me that I will be getting a call next week with more information, & that they will be opening at 10 PM that night. Maybe during the call next week they will tell me that it'll be like a little party with people playing the game, etc. That would be pretty awesome.

JohnGaming
  • JohnGaming

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

I'm going to speak with my GameStop today, last week I asked about it and the guy told me they had 900 preorders already. Mine inside a mall that closes at 8 PM, so he said that the mall was going to open for the release, and that GameStop was trying to get the food shops in the mall to stay open. I'll ask about any type of party or playing the game early.

TheFreightTrain
  • TheFreightTrain

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (Fisha695 @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 20:00)
So here is a question from somebody who's never done the Midnight release thing before but is doing it for this game. I read somewhere that you should show up around 10pm to "finalize your purchase" (I'm guessing that means pay off your pre-order) and then from that you get another receipt that you use to pick-up the game at midnight. Since I paid mine in full when I pre-ordered the other month do I have to do that or do I just use my receipt from when I pre-ordered (since I paid it off already)?

I as well stopped into a game stop ( in Flint, MI) and they pretty much told me the same thing. To get there between 10 and 11:45 pm. and they got to finalize the purchase, even if you paid it off you have to go to the register and they'll print you off a copy of a recepit and it'll say pick up. He informed me if all goes right I could/should be walking out of there at 12:01 am with GTA...BAM!! And as a bonus, I asked if they had any of the pre-order posters left, he said yeah but he had to look it up just to make sure I did in fact have a pre-order and gave me one. Made my day! lol

Throw Bones
  • Throw Bones

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (JohnGaming @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 21:07)

I'm going to speak with my GameStop today, last week I asked about it and the guy told me they had 900 preorders already. Mine inside a mall that closes at 8 PM, so he said that the mall was going to open for the release, and that GameStop was trying to get the food shops in the mall to stay open. I'll ask about any type of party or playing the game early.

South shore plaza?

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

I'd rather just boot up/experience the game for the first time on my own setup. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Fisha695
  • Fisha695

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (TheFreightTrain @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 17:15)

I as well stopped into a game stop ( in Flint, MI) and they pretty much told me the same thing. To get there between 10 and 11:45 pm. and they got to finalize the purchase, even if you paid it off you have to go to the register and they'll print you off a copy of a recepit and it'll say pick up. He informed me if all goes right I could/should be walking out of there at 12:01 am with GTA...BAM!! And as a bonus, I asked if they had any of the pre-order posters left, he said yeah but he had to look it up just to make sure I did in fact have a pre-order and gave me one. Made my day! lol

Cool thanks for the info. Yeah I never went in and collected my poster but I don't really care about stuff like that haha.

TheFreightTrain
  • TheFreightTrain

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE (Fisha695 @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 23:38)
QUOTE (TheFreightTrain @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 17:15)

Cool thanks for the info. Yeah I never went in and collected my poster but I don't really care about stuff like that haha.

Oh trust me man, neither am I. But, this is a game I must get as soon as possible. This will actually be my first midnight release ive ever went to. So wanted to see how they did things lol. And I was stoaked to get a poster figure their wouldn't be any left lol.

truthful
  • truthful

The truthful

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:46 AM

Giveaway party? lol

grandola
  • grandola

Southern Comfort

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:10 AM Edited by grandola, 04 September 2013 - 05:15 AM.

My GameStop called me today to say they were gonna have food and a dj. They said I can get $10 off the limited edition strategy guide since I'm buying it with the game... And they still have copies!

I don't really care about the food or dj... I just want the game... Lol

I guess it's cool if ur into that, tho.

Love the $10 off, which I did not know about.

*edit:

OT: if u paid in full or already paid off, you'll need to get another receipt. It will have the DLC codes... Well, maybe. Sometimes it's included in the box, but I remember for MP3 some of the codes were on the receipt.

Wait I remember! It was a GameStop pre order exclusive! That's why... So never mind.

DBarraza9
  • DBarraza9

GTA V is gonna be insaneeeee

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:12 AM

Damn $10 off the guide?! that's a steal! i hope my gamestop does that

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users