British Police Vehicles

7 replies to this topic
GTVFAN
  • GTVFAN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

Hi Guys,

I was wondering you could help me with something, my brother is wondering how he can get a set of British Police Cars on his Grand Theft Auto IV game, I believe he currently has the game for XBOX but he is going to by the game for the PC so that he can obtain these vehicles.

I have tried googleing "How to get British Police Vehicles on GTA IV" but I'm not having much luck to tell you the truth and it kept bringing me to this site so I thought I'd join and have a see if anyone can help me?

Do you have to entre some sort of code into the computer whilst your playing the game?

PLEASEE HELP HE'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! devil.gif devil.gif

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:21 PM Edited by Original Light, 03 September 2013 - 09:53 PM.

Your brother would have to replace the vehicle models that he wants to mod. This can be done by either Open IV or Spark IV.

First, find the mod pack you want: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=456877

That, for example. Download it, and extract the files to your Desktop using Winrar. Open Spark IV or Open IV, and browse models>cdimages>vehicles.ide

Replace police.wtd and police.wft with the modded ones. Do this for each of the other police vehicles you want to replace.

When you're done, hit Rebuild + Save, and you're all set.

Remember, always backup your files before modding the game!

GTVFAN
  • GTVFAN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

Okay thank you for the advice, this is going to completely baffle my head and his but we can give it a try lol.

What does this mean as well, do you have to buy a special software for this or is it just the normal game which you can buy from the game store? "This can be done by either Open IV or Spark IV."

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

The game is normal, nothing special. Just buy a copy of GTA IV or EFLC on Steam or anywhere you want to purchase it.

Open IV or Spark IV are tools you need to modify the game.

GTVFAN
  • GTVFAN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (Original Light @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 18:51)
The game is normal, nothing special. Just buy a copy of GTA IV or EFLC on Steam or anywhere you want to purchase it.

Open IV or Spark IV are tools you need to modify the game.

Okay, where will I get these tools from then?

Sorry to be a pain but I'm new to all this so I guess you guys really are helping out biggrin.gif

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

Open IV: http://openiv.com/We...guest.php?get=0

Open IV is somewhat better than Spark IV in my opinion, but they both do pretty much the same thing.

Make sure your game has the latest patch, 1.0.7.0 if it's GTA IV, and 1.1.2.0 if it's EFLC. But Steam will probably update it for you automatically from my experience.

In case that it didn't:

GTA IV: http://support.rocks...0-5-2-Japanese-

EFLC: http://support.rocks...-1-2-0-Patch-2-

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Don't worry about annoying me, I'm glad to help.

Nick

GTVFAN
  • GTVFAN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

Okay, I have received the game in the post this afternoon, as I ordered it off Ebay (UK).

I am going to download the game onto my laptop and then I will try and download OpenIV.  Do I need to download Steam as well?

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

Okay, I have received the game in the post this afternoon, as I ordered it off Ebay (UK).

I am going to download the game onto my laptop and then I will try and download OpenIV.  Do I need to download Steam as well?

No, if you've bought the game on disc you won't need Steam. That's just for if you're buying and downloading the game from Steam themselves.

You'd be best going to the modding sub-forum for more advice :)

For downloads I always go to GTAGarage.com, I use Spark (available there) to open and modify GTA's game files.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users