Photo

Gay rights

512 replies to this topic
Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 18:16)
Hasn't this topic been discussed to death in here?

It'll just turn into the same old members calling eachother names like always..

Might as well lock it alongside all the 9/11 threads as well

Lock it? Before you have a chance to blame homosexuality on giant alien reptiles?
My, my, my, I think you're going soft in your old age.

shady72
  • shady72

Full time maniac

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 18:12)
QUOTE (the7ftmidget @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 11:50)
Calm down, immature liberal child.

first of all, I'm older than you are.
secondly, I am perfectly calm.

you're just an idiot.

you said that marriage is about procreation and that was your reason why gays shouldn't be allowed to marry.
you're an idiot because that's an idiotic reason.

marriage is not about procreation.
straight people have sex and children out of wedlock all the time. plenty of married people never have children. marriage has nothing to do with procreation and everything to do with 2 people who are in love and want to share their life together.

gay people deserve to get married.
they will soon be legal all over the world. you cannot stop progress with your ignorant stupidity.

Yeah, divorce should be illegal too using that "logic". I think there should be a rule: all the Beltway republicans who oppose pro gay-marriage legisliation should never be allowed to divorce their spouses, because that's "god"'s will. I mean, they wave that Bible of theirs left and right like it cures cancer, they should also follow what it says from time to time.

Eating shrimp is a sin, so yeah. Lucifer's gonna make you his bitch.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

I like my beer like I like my violence: imported.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (shady72 @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 10:09)
QUOTE (the7ftmidget @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 18:04)
QUOTE (_____ @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 10:01)
QUOTE (the7ftmidget @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 20:50)
and allowing them to adopt only further contributes to society's already fubar moral decay.

They can search for their happiness in another gay-friendly way, not by trying to ruin the sanctity of marriage and family.

Explain.

What's the sacred part about marriage?

The union of two souls, being the soil and seed, creating and nurturing life that will (or should) reflect as the product of love between its mother and father.

We're not talking about holy matrimony here, we're talking about regular marriage, though there are more than enough Christian denominations that perform gay marriages in their churches. This whole sanctity of marriage thing is pure bullsh*t, pardon my French. Not everybody has to believe in your god, and I think there's also a thing called "separation of church and state" somewhere in the Constitution. You might not be a Republican, but you sure as hell sound like one.

Let me tell you about myself a bit.

I am athiest. I am a democrat, and will be one unless i get rich, in which case, i wouldnt want to pay more taxes just so the poor that are too lazy to do something about it can survive.

Do i approve of gay marriage? No. Am i doing anything to stop it? No. When the issue came up in 2008 to BAN it here in california, i voted against the measure; i wanted to see gay marriage legalized only to piss off the mormons and evangilists who were working so hard to ban gay marriage. But i still dont like it. I dont think gay people should benefit from the established marriage system, its unfair for those who use marriage as a tool to create a stable family. If gays are allowed to marry, they shouldnt be allowed to benifit from it the way straight people do since a lot of the aspects of a hetero marriage do not apply to gays, and should renounce them. But since i know thats not gonna happen, then to avoid a full-blown sexual/gender discrimination war, the fight should be ended by banning gay marriage.

Thats my opinion, hate it or love it. I dont care, its not changing unless you pro-gay marriage folk can come up with a good point, which ive yet to see.

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

This thread is just a podium for bigots to spout their hatred really. I don't think homosexuality is a debatable topic. Because anyone with negative views about homosexuality is a bigot, end of discussion.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΛΟ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (the7ftmidget @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 21:04)
The union of two souls, being the soil and seed, creating and nurturing life that will (or should) reflect as the product of love between its mother and father.

Except that there are many people that don't want children (myself included). They are allowed to marry. Why shouldn't homosexuals be allowed too? Your definition falls apart very easily.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 10:18)
QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 18:16)
Hasn't this topic been discussed to death in here?

It'll just turn into the same old members calling eachother names like always..

Might as well lock it alongside all the 9/11 threads as well

Lock it? Before you have a chance to blame homosexuality on giant alien reptiles?
My, my, my, I think you're going soft in your old age.

See what I mean?

giant alien reptiles? what are you even talking about..

No one will ever get into actual discussion and it will all just be "you're an idiot" "you're stupid" "you're just a bigot" and all that without ever actually listening to the other sides views. It's always the same old members coming in and circle jerking eachother who altogether prevent any real discussion to occur.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:23 PM Edited by the7ftmidget, 03 September 2013 - 06:39 PM.

QUOTE (_____ @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 10:21)
QUOTE (the7ftmidget @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 21:04)

Except that there are many people that don't want children (myself included). They are allowed to marry. Why shouldn't homosexuals be allowed too? Your definition falls apart very easily.

Then be happy by just living together and keep the gay relationship as it is. Plain and simple. There is no reason for marriage. A civil union of some sorts, maybe, but not marriage.

Edit: and as i implied earlier, if no kids are part of the marriage plan, then there should be no marriages.

Edit: @grandmastersmith: f*ck off, adults are talking here in a semi-civalized matter, either contribute and share your opinion in a mature way or go away. And ive never discussed this matter here before.

shady72
  • shady72

Full time maniac

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 18:21)
This thread is just a podium for bigots to spout their hatred really. I don't think homosexuality is a debatable topic. Because anyone with negative views about homosexuality is a bigot, end of discussion.

This. icon14.gif I seriously feel like this shouldn't even be an issue, it's obvious people are born that way, it's obvious it affects absolutely no one other than the homosexuals themselves, and it's also obvious logic is on the pro gay side. Using god to justify something is simply not acceptable in the 21st century.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 18:23)

Just letting you know the true depth of contempt I have for you. You know, the usual.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 10:27)

Just letting you know the true depth of contempt I have for you. You know, the usual.

By showing you have little to no logical train of thought..? That's very thoughtful of you but I honestly couldn't care any less about some invisible podium you like to set yourself upon above others..

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:47 PM Edited by the7ftmidget, 03 September 2013 - 06:54 PM.

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 10:12)

you're just an idiot.

you said that marriage is about procreation and that was your reason why gays shouldn't be allowed to marry.

straight people have sex and children out of wedlock all the time. plenty of married people never have children. marriage has nothing to do with procreation and everything to do with 2 people who are in love and want to share their life together.

they will soon be legal all over the world. you cannot stop progress with your ignorant stupidity.

Then act your age, enough with the silly name game.

So you say having kids out of wedlock is fine? I believe its imoral to give that as an example of what a family unit should be to your kids. And marriage IS, in the united states at least, for procreation. It truly is nothing more than a tool used to build a family. Its not just as a "badge of honor" of some sorts, as you seem to want to make it.

And i myself dont care enough on the matter to try and do anything to stop it lol. Gay people desrve to be happy, sure, and if they want to unite and show it to the world, fine, but not in the same way heterosexuals do, for obvious differences.

Edit: You pro-gay marriage people always do nothing but call us straight folk closed minded bigots and in no way try to justify why unions that are so different from what the established concept of marriage represents should benefit from the EXACT SAME benifits granted to a straight union that actually has potential for natural growth.

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (the7ftmidget @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 18:23)
adults are talking here in a semi-civalized matter, either contribute and share your opinion in a mature way or go away. And ive never discussed this matter here before.

Discussing gay marriage is like discussing wether blacks should be able to sit at the front of the buss. People have a hard time reacting to hatred towards birth traits in a civil way, which is understandable.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 18:44)
QUOTE (Typhus @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 10:27)

By showing you have little to no logical train of thought..? That's very thoughtful of you but I honestly couldn't care any less about some invisible podium you like to set yourself upon above others..

It's not a podium, it's a throne.
And it's not f*cking invisible, I built it last summer.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (the7ftmidget @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 18:19)
QUOTE (shady72 @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 10:09)
QUOTE (the7ftmidget @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 18:04)
QUOTE (_____ @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 10:01)
QUOTE (the7ftmidget @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 20:50)
and allowing them to adopt only further contributes to society's already fubar moral decay.

They can search for their happiness in another gay-friendly way, not by trying to ruin the sanctity of marriage and family.

Explain.

What's the sacred part about marriage?

We're not talking about holy matrimony here, we're talking about regular marriage, though there are more than enough Christian denominations that perform gay marriages in their churches. This whole sanctity of marriage thing is pure bullsh*t, pardon my French. Not everybody has to believe in your god, and I think there's also a thing called "separation of church and state" somewhere in the Constitution. You might not be a Republican, but you sure as hell sound like one.

Let me tell you about myself a bit.

I am athiest. I am a democrat, and will be one unless i get rich, in which case, i wouldnt want to pay more taxes just so the poor that are too lazy to do something about it can survive.

Do i approve of gay marriage? No. Am i doing anything to stop it? No. When the issue came up in 2008 to BAN it here in california, i voted against the measure; i wanted to see gay marriage legalized only to piss off the mormons and evangilists who were working so hard to ban gay marriage. But i still dont like it. I dont think gay people should benefit from the established marriage system, its unfair for those who use marriage as a tool to create a stable family. If gays are allowed to marry, they shouldnt be allowed to benifit from it the way straight people do since a lot of the aspects of a hetero marriage do not apply to gays, and should renounce them. But since i know thats not gonna happen, then to avoid a full-blown sexual/gender discrimination war, the fight should be ended by banning gay marriage.

Thats my opinion, hate it or love it. I dont care, its not changing unless you pro-gay marriage folk can come up with a good point, which ive yet to see.

What the f*ck. The only counter argument you should need to get past your frankly insane views is equality!

It's a new world. Any person on this earth should be able to what he/she likes. You cant have illegal for one group, and legal for another. You are a bigot.

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

There are loads of people who marry but don't want kids. If you voted on wether marriage should be exclusive to people who want to get kids, how much percent do you think would favour you the7ftmidget?

Nobody wants your stupid definition of marriage.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:56 PM Edited by the7ftmidget, 03 September 2013 - 06:59 PM.

QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 10:54)
There are loads of people who marry but don't want kids. If you voted on wether marriage should be exclusive to people who want to get kids, how much percent do you think would favour you the7ftmidget?

I couldnt care less if you gay-marriage supporters dont agree with me. Im voicing my opinion. Thats what this topic was started for.... dozingoff.gif

Edit:
If marriage isnt to have kids and build a family, then what, in your opinion, is it for? To certify you love for another? If so, then you have no need for the tax breaks granted to those who are married, by your logic, all marriage should be is a certificate on the wall, like a diploma or conract agreement.

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (the7ftmidget @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 18:56)

I couldnt care less if you gay-marriage supporters dont agree with me. Im voicing my opinion. Thats what this topic was started for.... dozingoff.gif

Even loads of anti gay marriage supporters (bigots) wouldn't agree with the definition of marriage as "something made only for people who want children".

It's just a totally ridiculous view. Most stupid thing I read in a while.

shady72
  • shady72

Full time maniac

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (the7ftmidget @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 18:47)

you're just an idiot.

So you say having kids out of wedlock is fine? I believe its imoral to give that as an example of what a family unit should be to your kids. And marriage IS, in the united states at least, for procreation. It truly is nothing more than a tool used to build a family. Its not just as a "badge of honor" of some sorts, as you seem to want to make it.

And i myself dont care enough on the matter to try and do anything to stop it lol. Gay people desrve to be happy, sure, and if they want to unite and show it to the world, fine, but not in the same way heterosexuals do, for obvious differences.

Edit: You pro-gay marriage people always do nothing but call us straight folk closed minded bigots and in no way try to justify why unions that are so different from what the established concept of marriage represents should benefit from the EXACT SAME benifits granted to a straight union that actually has potential for natural growth.

"Straight folk"? I'm straight myself you dolt, but I have many gay friends and I know for a fact most of them are awesome people who deserve equal treatment under the law. Again, them getting married affects us in no way whatsoever. It's just that I, unlike you, am secure enough in my own sexuality and I don't feel the need to put minorities down because they can't "reproduce". That's the kinda sh*t people would say in the 1940s. I don't know, just grow up dude, embrace modernity.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (gtaxpert @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 10:59)

Even loads of anti gay marriage supporters (bigots) wouldn't agree with the definition of marriage as "something made only for people who want children".

If marriage isnt to have kids and build a family, then what, in your opinion, is it for? To certify your love for another? If so, then you have no need for the tax breaks granted to those who are married, by your logic, all marriage should be is a certificate on the wall, like a diploma or conract agreement. Theres no purpose!

shady72
  • shady72

Full time maniac

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (the7ftmidget @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 19:01)

If marriage isnt to have kids and build a family, then what, in your opinion, is it for?

This post has been edited by the7ftmidget on Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 10:59

LEGAL BENEFITS. Both federal and statewide.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

QUOTE (the7ftmidget @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 19:47)

Straight folk? You can still be straight and be for gay marriage. I for one honestly aren't bothered either way, if gay people want to get married and goverment says they would be allowed to then i wouldn't mind. If it went the other way and goverment said they couldn't get married still wouldn't bother me as its a issue that doesn't effect me in the slightest.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

The only right gays have is to practice their gay stuff inside their own 4 walls. Period.

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

If marriage isnt to have kids and build a family, then what, in your opinion, is it for? To certify your love for another? If so, then you have no need for the tax breaks granted to those who are married, by your logic, all marriage should be is a certificate on the wall, like a diploma or conract agreement. Theres no purpose!

I don't think married people should have tax breaks over people in a civil union. I already said: where I live you receive money for every child you have, which is the logical policy.

shady72
  • shady72

Full time maniac

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (Jimmy_Leppard @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 19:03)
The only right gays have is to practice their gay stuff inside their own 4 walls. Period.

user posted image

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

Homosexuals can create a family by adoption just as much as a heterosexual couple can not have kids. But the heterosexual couple can still marry, even if, say, the male has a vasectomy. He can't have kids, why should they marry?

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (shady72 @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 11:00)

you're just an idiot.

"Straight folk"? I'm straight myself you dolt, but I have many gay friends and I know for a fact most of them are awesome people who deserve equal treatment under the law. Again, them getting married affects us in no way whatsoever. It's just that I, unlike you, am secure enough in my own sexuality and I don't feel the need to put minorities down because they can't "reproduce". That's the kinda sh*t people would say in the 1940s. I don't know, just grow up dude, embrace modernity.

Give me an example in where im pitting gay people down...

Does anyone here know how to discuss anything without refering to imature name calling instead of proving points? Gays are humans too, i see that, but whats your point? Because a guy likes to stick his dcik in a toaster and calls it love, he should be entitled to the perks of marriage? No. Same goes for homosexuals.gay marriage Its not the same, and therefore should not doesnt deserve to be concidered equal for the reasons ive mentioned before.

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (shady72 @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 19:05)

user posted image

Is there a problem? Cause if there is, please, tell me.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (the7ftmidget @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 20:06)
QUOTE (shady72 @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 11:00)

you're just an idiot.

Give me an example in where im pitting gay people down...

Does anyone here know how to discuss anything without refering to imature name calling instead of proving points? Gays are humans too, i see that, but whats your point? Because a guy likes to stick his dcik in a toaster and calls it love, he should be entitled to the perks of marriage? No. Same goes for homosexuals.gay marriage Its not the same, and therefore should not doesnt deserve to be concidered equal for the reasons ive mentioned before.

Are you religious? Im just curious.

shady72
  • shady72

Full time maniac

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:08 PM

Look everybody, Michelle Bachmann joined the forum! suicidal.gif

Yes, there is a problem. How would you feel if you were told you couldn't kiss your girlfriend on the street because other people thought it was "gross"? Or even hold her hand? You're way too bigoted to even have a girlfriend, so I'm willing to forgive you, you ignorant sack of sh*t.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (RedDaggerXL @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 11:06)

Homosexuals can create a family by adoption just as much as a heterosexual couple can not have kids. But the heterosexual couple can still marry, even if, say, the male has a vasectomy. He can't have kids, why should they marry?

Read my previous posts for an answer how i feel about that...

Nobody has any good points here that i havent already covered, somebody please bring something fresh to the table or allow this thread to die.

@hodgey1985: same to you, read my previous posts for an answer, i dont repeat myself

dozingoff.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users