Photo

Did Rockstar just confirm cockpit view?

58 replies to this topic
zparry
  • zparry

The only thing I can't stand is stupid people

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:06 PM

It seems that a cockpit view MAY have been confirmed by Rockstar. Check out their new post on the GTA V news site.

http://www.rockstargames.com/V/news

The post details the new real world Banshee and here's what they had to say about the interior.

"Referencing the model and textures of the in-game car, the interior was handcrafted and stitched to capture the look and feel of its detailed cockpit"

For a moment, I thought they were simply referring to using things like the emblem on the interior, but the phrase "to capture the look and feel of its detailed cockpit" has me thinking they actually modeled the real car after the cockpit in the game.

Your thoughts?

Glennyman
  • Glennyman

Limburg

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

I think so. I believe theres this trailer that shows a vieuw from inside a car

Distrom
  • Distrom

Master Of Puppets

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

I also thought of that.
The interiors will have more detail than in IV, that's a given.
But Im not sure if the quality would be worth cockpit view.

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Yeah, there is cockpit gameplay view from Franklin trailer in both heli and car smile.gif

IchliebeDeutscheland
  • IchliebeDeutscheland

Sündenbock

• Members

QUOTE (zparry @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 17:06)
It seems that a cockpit view MAY have been confirmed by Rockstar. Check out their new post on the GTA V news site.

http://www.rockstargames.com/V/news

The post details the new real world Banshee and here's what they had to say about the interior.

"Referencing the model and textures of the in-game car, the interior was handcrafted and stitched to capture the look and feel of its detailed cockpit"

For a moment, I thought they were simply referring to using things like the emblem on the interior, but the phrase "to capture the look and feel of its detailed cockpit" has me thinking they actually modeled the real car after the cockpit in the game.

Your thoughts?

If there was a cockpit-view, my last GTA wish would've gone true. icon14.gif

xzxxsicko
  • xzxxsicko

Homie

• Members

i don't care because 3 person view is how you play GTA .

nuer
  • nuer

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

This is what lots of people have been asking for...so I'm guessing it will be in the game.

mrtommygunwhite
  • mrtommygunwhite

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

You know there talking about the real car ( the gamestop banshee) not the in-game ones

zparry
  • zparry

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (mrtommygunwhite @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 15:10)
You know there talking about the real car ( the gamestop banshee) not the in-game ones

Actually they were talking about how the REAL car was modeled off of the IN-GAME one.

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=eQzHzmvpWC0

21-25 secs... This is gameplay. Cockpit in heli and kind of cockpit in car (just the hood) but there could be an option for the wheel etc seen as they have a view inside the heli

RicerDude
  • RicerDude

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

I doubt its in but police chases and drive by's would be epic in cockpit view. Imagine sicking your head out of the window to shot behind. mercie_blink.gif

zparry
  • zparry

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (malcolmfunktion @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 15:17)

21-25 secs... This is gameplay. Cockpit in heli and kind of cockpit in car (just the hood) but there could be an option for the wheel etc seen as they have a view inside the heli

I was just about to say that. There's definitely a good view of the cockpit in the helicopter but the car just shows the hood like in GTA IV. I'm hoping that the recent post about the Banshee is saying that they used the in-game cockpit to design the real world one, cause the real one looks awesome.

shady72
  • shady72

Full time maniac

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

It looks like they're aiming this game towards gamers who usually play racing games, hopefully the handling will be much improved, it was HORRIBLE in IV.

mrtommygunwhite
  • mrtommygunwhite

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (zparry @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 15:12)
QUOTE (mrtommygunwhite @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 15:10)

Actually they were talking about how the REAL car was modeled off of the IN-GAME one.

Gta 4 had decent cockpits if you stoped and had a look at the cars they where all different

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (zparry @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 15:19)
QUOTE (malcolmfunktion @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 15:17)

I was just about to say that. There's definitely a good view of the cockpit in the helicopter but the car just shows the hood like in GTA IV. I'm hoping that the recent post about the Banshee is saying that they used the in-game cockpit to design the real world one, cause the real one looks awesome.

Yeah, that HAS to be where the "over 1000 car customizations" comes from. First things first...gonna get a low rider for Franklin and put in one of those badass chain steering wheels...hell yeah haha

HellomynameisApu
  • HellomynameisApu

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

I've never been a fan of cockpit view in other games but I guess it would add to the realism. smile.gif

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (shady72 @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 16:20)
It looks like they're aiming this game towards gamers who usually play racing games, hopefully the handling will be much improved, it was HORRIBLE in IV.

Unless your terrible, then it wasn't THAT bad.

zparry
  • zparry

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (RicerDude @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 15:19)
I doubt its in but police chases and drive by's would be epic in cockpit view. Imagine sicking your head out of the window to shot behind. mercie_blink.gif

I hadn't even thought about that. That would be amazing to drive in cockpit view and look out the window in first person. I see a lot of head-on collisions in my future if this exists. biggrin.gif

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (HellomynameisApu @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 15:24)
I've never been a fan of cockpit view in other games but I guess it would add to the realism. smile.gif

Not a fan myself, but id reckon I'll use it for casually exploring Blaine county in my own time just for the realism smile.gif

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

Don't be bloody stupid, you can just probably look through the windows of cars with your guns or see into them as you open the door, cockpit view in gta, lmao. lol.gif

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (Murad96 @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 15:25)

Well, my Iranian fellow, I don't know if you've noticed, but in GTA IV when ever your car would make the slightest turn the entire chassis of the car would move that way. It was annoying as hell.

shady72
  • shady72

Full time maniac

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

Dude, it felt like trying to control a boat on an icy surface, at least for me...I don't want "realistic" handling in a GTA game, I want something along the lines of Midnight Club or something like that, arcade style. This game is supposed to be about pandemonium in an urban environment (it seems like they've gone rural too now, the more the merrier), how am I even supposed to achieve that when my car literally skates?

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (Proletariat @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 16:29)

Well, my Iranian fellow, I don't know if you've noticed, but in GTA IV when ever your car would make the slightest turn the entire chassis of the car would move that way. It was annoying as hell.

Haven't really played GTA 4 on console for a year. I remember it being annoying like that though.

But on PC it was a bit easier considering how with a keyboard you can't choose the amount of pressure you want to put on those turns or brakes.

Seeto200
  • Seeto200

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

competition only open to US residents.
Lucky yanks

zparry
  • zparry

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (twigs2001 @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 15:29)
Don't be bloody stupid, you can just probably look through the windows of cars with your guns or see into them as you open the door, cockpit view in gta, lmao. lol.gif

Don't be a dick, how bout that?

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (zparry @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 15:34)
Don't be bloody stupid, you can just probably look through the windows of cars with your guns or see into them as you open the door, cockpit view in gta, lmao.  lol.gif

hey im just being realistic here.

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (zparry @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 15:34)
Don't be bloody stupid, you can just probably look through the windows of cars with your guns or see into them as you open the door, cockpit view in gta, lmao.  lol.gif

No, he's right! I mean c'mon...a cockpit view from a car in a game franchise that is based around robbing the f*cking things hahaha its ridiculous!

Next there'll be speculation over deep sea diving for treasures hahah

Or f*cking Yoga or some sh*t hahaha...OP is clearly mad in the head smile.gif

DEERxBanshee
  • DEERxBanshee

Badder den dem

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

GTA IV cars took awhile to get used to yes but once you get used to it it is really easy to drive in that game. I for one, hope that V isn't that much different because I felt like I had a handle on the controls in IV more so than the friends I play with so I was always the driver.

OT: I think that it will just be looking in the car and that there won't be a cockpit view. I do wish there will be but I doubt it bored.gif

hamtah
  • hamtah

manikan

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (DEERxBanshee @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 15:56)
GTA IV cars took awhile to get used to yes but once you get used to it it is really easy to drive in that game. I for one, hope that V isn't that much different because I felt like I had a handle on the controls in IV more so than the friends I play with so I was always the driver.

OT: I think that it will just be looking in the car and that there won't be a cockpit view. I do wish there will be but I doubt it bored.gif

Honestly, it felt as if all of the cars in GTA IV had weak suspensions or weren't heavy enough. I mean come on, can a sidewalk really flip a car?

I think they have approved it from the looks of it, I'm fine with the handling and everything, just not how the cars are weighed.

LaDispute
  • LaDispute

Los Santos, baby!

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (shady72 @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 23:30)

Dude, it felt like trying to control a boat on an icy surface, at least for me...I don't want "realistic" handling in a GTA game, I want something along the lines of Midnight Club or something like that, arcade style. This game is supposed to be about pandemonium in an urban environment (it seems like they've gone rural too now, the more the merrier), how am I even supposed to achieve that when my car literally skates?

Arcade handling?

Are you f*cking serious, i dont know where you have been but that's what we are trying to get rid of....

suicidal.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users