Photo

Nokia is now Microsofts

4 replies to this topic
Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

So what can make of this? Microsoft is so now the worlds second largest mobile phone company... I feel kinda sad about Nokia, im sure their gonna change the name and the quality will drop also. But hopefully not, because all the workers from Nokia will be hired by Microsoft.
Anyway: http://www.reuters.c...E98202V20130903

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

I can only imagine how much better business would of been for Nokia if they went with Android.

We Make It Snow In Kingston Again

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

As I drove home from work today I actually saw a few flags in half-mast.

It really is a sad day. A part of Finnish history has come to an end. Elop was a trojan horse all along.
When he made the decision to use Windows and fired the people working on the Meego OS, they got together and formed Jolla.
In Finnish jolla means a small boat. Now that the national flagship has sunk, it's all we have.

My next phone is definetly going to be a Jolla once this Samsung finally explodes in my pocket.

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (860 @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 17:48)
As I drove home from work today I actually saw a few flags in half-mast.

It really is a sad day. A part of Finnish history has come to an end. Elop was a trojan horse all along.
When he made the decision to use Windows and fired the people working on the Meego OS, they got together and formed Jolla.
In Finnish jolla means a small boat. Now that the national flagship has sunk, it's all we have.

My next phone is definetly going to be a Jolla once this Samsung finally explodes in my pocket.

Never knew that. Had a quick look there and that Jolla UI looks really nice.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (Sup3rman @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 15:19)
So what can make of this? Microsoft is so now the worlds second largest mobile phone company... I feel kinda sad about Nokia, im sure their gonna change the name and the quality will drop also. But hopefully not, because all the workers from Nokia will be hired by Microsoft.
Anyway: http://www.reuters.c...E98202V20130903

Actually AFAIK Microsoft haven't bought the whole of Nokia. They have bought the Lumia (and another) brand from them. Soon enough we'll see the Microsoft Lumia 8 or some sh*t.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users