Photo

The Mangano Crime Family

50 replies to this topic
Mikhail Borovsky
  • Mikhail Borovsky

Retired Don

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:12 AM Edited by Mikhail Borovsky, 07 April 2014 - 04:41 AM.

Recruitment Status Open Posting Ban None Social Club Website The Mangano Crime Family MiegH4n.png

1DCznTA.png
The 1970’s were the golden years for the crime families of Liberty City. While the presence of the American Mob was almost non-existent, the Italian-American mafia families made up for it. Hailing as the main distributing family in Alderney, the Mangano Family influence on the streets was far from non-existent. Overseeing the majority of Dominican Republic-imported cocaine, the Mangano family decimated the drug industry in Liberty City. Don Vinny Mangano IV, reigning over the family through the 1970’s, saw no end in the cocaine empire he brought to Liberty City. His son, Tony Mangano, sought to not pursue the cocaine-extortion business that his father set out for him during the early 1970’s, and thus so obtained his Bachelor’s in Business Administration at the State of Liberty University in 1978. Tony was quick to join up with Globe Oil, working at their central refinery as Administrator of Plant-A. Though disappointed at the fact his son stayed out of family affairs, Vinny felt somewhat proud that Tony made a life of success out of his career.

The year 1984 brought about significant changes to Liberty City – changes that would change the fate of the Mangano Family for the rest of their existence. In the early 1980’s, cocaine was being sold for $100 to $125 per gram, the highest price set for it since its initial inception. However, this price was set at a 55% purity rate for the powder. Faced with the decline in prices, however, the Dominican exporters picked up a new way to sell cocaine. Crack, also known as the “Poor Man’s Cocaine”, was cheap, easy to produce, and ready to use instantly. This new form of cocaine could be sold for the same price per gram, but with a higher purity rating. The first sightings of crack-cocaine appeared in Bohan, soon spreading like a wildfire through the remainder of Liberty City. The cocaine distributors in Liberty and Alderney took a hit from the crack epidemic that had hit the city, and Vinny’s business was no exception. Months after the epidemic hit, the Mangano cocaine distribution business was responsible for just 3.8% of the family income. Tony’s influences in Globe Oil lead to the long-dreaded discussion between him and his father. His father sought for Tony to employ those who served the Mangano family at his refinery to ensure their continued financial protection. Tony, though reluctant to get involved in family business, did as his father wished and hired many of the family members at Globe Oil as simple plant workers. The Mangano family slowly began to become non-existent on the streets – their very name only spoken in the back alleys through anonymous whispers. Vinny, refusing to adopt the new drug to sell due to it being a “cheaper” and “generic” form of cocaine, found that by doing so resulted in gathering enemies among organizations he had previously had affairs with.

The De Luca Drug Cartel, one of the leading buyers of the cocaine imported by the Mangano family, grew increasingly impatient as Vinny halted the imports due to a lack of profits that the Mangano family would gain. Vinny was one to shrug off such threats, considering the other party week – but this would turn around to become his demise. While on Tony’s yacht, Vinny enjoyed the simmering heat pouring down on him on the outskirts of Alderney’s coastline. By the time Tony heard the shot ring out in the distance, it had already happened – pieces of his father’s own brain splattered across Tony’s suit. Tony knew of the De Luca Drug Cartel and the possibility of their hit, something his own father Vinny had expected from the very beginning. The death of his father brought Tony in as Don of the Mangano Crime Family, a title he took only to put into effect an inevitable chain of events that would eventually end the De Luca’s for their treachery. Years after the cartel’s decimation, Tony returned to Globe Oil as Head Administrator, over-seeing all Los Santos operations with the oil conglomerate. With this position of power, Tony has sought to make it his ultimate divine duty to bring the Mangano family back to the strength it was during the 1980’s.

FTfvdBs.png

On hold due to technical issues.

G1MyZj3.png

Don ~ The "don" is the title given to an Italian crime syndicate boss. His word is often considered as divine to the family. The "don" is normally a man of honor, integrity, and does what is best for his family - not what is best for him.

Underboss ~ The "underboss" is the man directly beneath the don. He oversees more of the dull activities of the family, such as ensuring jobs get carried out when they're given - especially when given by the don himself.

Consigliere ~ The "consigliere" serves as a pure embodiment of the family. He/she serves the role of an adviser/counselor for the don himself. The consigliere is one of the few members of the family that can actually argue with the don without disrespecting him.

Head of Security ~ As the name states, the "Head of Security" ensures the safety of the Don, the Underboss, and the three Consigliere's. It is this person's divine duty to protect the heads of the family at all costs - even if it means their own life.

Capo ~ The "capo" is considered to be a made member in the family. Serving as a lieutenant to the don, a capo oversees smaller operations with smaller sects within the family. In a city controlled by a mafia family, the capo would be in control of specific boroughs and smaller families, even.

Button Men ~ The "button men" are men who do the basic illegal activities for the leadership of the family. These men normally do not meet with the don much.

Hitmen ~ The "hitmen" of the family are perhaps among the most feared members of the family. When someone has wronged the family, or if it is in the best interest of the family, a hitman will eliminate the target either swiftly or painfully. By the time you normally catch on to a hitman that is on your trail, it is a high possibility the hitman knows where you live, knows your family members' location, and perhaps even the type of insurance you have.

Bodyguard ~ The "bodyguard" is someone who is willing to give their life in order to keep the leadership of the family safe. A bodyguard will stand in front of a reign of bullets to shield the Don, Underboss, and even the Consigliere. A bodyguard typically will always answer to the Head of Security instead of the Don, personally.

Soldier ~ The soldiers of the family are the backbone of the family. These are the individuals that place their uttermost loyalty in the Don in return for practically nothing. As a result in serving the Don, soldiers typically receive a good pay, decent protection, and maybe even the occasional favor from the Don. These people are always of Italian descent. A soldier has completed the initiation process into the family.

Initiation Ritual ~ One must be initiated into the family via a sacred ritual that began in Monreale. The ceremony begins at a dinner with the Don himself - normally, this is the first time a recruit will meet the Don. On both sides of the Don will be the Underboss and the Consigliere among other representatives of the family. The Underboss moves forward and places a handgun and a dagger in front of the initiates. After proper time the initiates state an oath, "As burns this saint, so will burn my soul. I enter alive and I will have to get out dead." The Consigliere then unsheathes a dagger of his own and slices the tip of the right index finger of the initiate. The Don then finishes the ceremony stating, "This blood symbolizes the unity of our families. We are one and we are all - now let us eat", and thus so finishes the initiation process.

Recruit ~ A recruit of the family is normally someone who wishes to rise high through the crime syndicate. They seek to live the mafia lifestyle, or to fulfill a service to the Don for the sanctity of their lives. A recruit can either be of Italian descent, or not.
8H1xKn4.png
Serve in the best interest of the family, not in the best interest of your pocket.

The Don of the family is the physical embodiment of the family - and as such, your divine leader.

Do not bite the hand that feeds.

Leaving the family can only be done through your death. Remember this.

Aid your fellow family members, for they are now your flesh and blood - brothers until death.

Be a man of honor. Respect must be earned before it can be given.

Keep your ears and eyes open, and your mouth shut at the right times.

Failure to obey the orders of the Don will result in your immediate termination from the family.

Retain a certain degree of independence. The Don will not always be there to settle your issues.

Do not complain in the face of adversity or in the face of defeat. If you can't pay, do not play.
tRGaVfK.png
hXKmzM5.jpg
dTywcTO.png
The Surano Crime Family

The Provacci Cartel
0V3ulIV.png
None.
kmRkZLh.png
The Trafficante Crime Family

The Deadly Misfits

j5EUoBb.png
The War of Trafficante Enlightenment

NOTE ~ All applicants should submit their application to me personally via PM to ensure the privacy of our members. Thank you for cooperating.

Username(GTAF)

Age? (Optional)

PS3 Sony Username?

What is your Social Club name? 

Do you have a Headset?

What is your time zone?

What skills do you have?

How often do you visit GTAForums?

How Many gangs have you been in?

Is there anything else we should know about?

• Gigs84 likes this

Mikhail Borovsky
  • Mikhail Borovsky

Retired Don

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:13 AM Edited by Mikhail Borovsky, 07 April 2014 - 04:45 AM.

• Gigs84 likes this

Original R4MB0
  • Original R4MB0

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

user posted image

Android
  • Android

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Best Mobile OS
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

I thought you said you wont be returning for a while... or maybe I just misread tounge.gif

Good Luck though man smile.gif

Gigs84
  • Gigs84

Haven't you ever heard of the healing power of laughter?

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:38 PM

The Don decided we could make a return now. Glad to see this up and looking forward toward prosperity for the Manganos and allies. icon14.gif

GrimeyBandz_
  • GrimeyBandz_

SASP Department Colonel

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

Try centering it all.
CODE
[center] Text [/center]

Mikhail Borovsky
  • Mikhail Borovsky

Retired Don

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

The post has been modified to look better. But yes, I have decided to go ahead and do the forum post to get a head start on recruitment. As for our current actions in GTA IV, we are non-existent.

Gigs84
  • Gigs84

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:58 AM Edited by Haha365, 04 September 2013 - 07:07 PM.

Glad to see MedicinalDoctor has come on as Consigliere icon14.gif

I believe some of his boys will be joining up as well.

Mikhail Borovsky
  • Mikhail Borovsky

Retired Don

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

Indeed. When I receive their listed names, they will be added to the roster. Anywho... recruitment seems to be going decent! October 1st is going to be a long time, haha.

Gigs84
  • Gigs84

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

We've got some more recruits interested. Just waiting on the replies now.

Mikhail Borovsky
  • Mikhail Borovsky

Retired Don

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:59 AM

I have updated the second post to include a graphics section. Members - feel free to use the graphics if you so wish.

Hollowpoints
  • Hollowpoints

Poop like a Derp!

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:25 AM

Much luck to you guys!

Hollowpoints
  • lilray8899 likes this

Gigs84
  • Gigs84

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:26 AM Edited by Haha365, 05 September 2013 - 11:45 AM.

QUOTE (Hollowpoints @ Thursday, Sep 5 2013, 05:25)
Much luck to you guys!

Hollowpoints

Thanks and we appreciate the support icon14.gif

EDIT: Awesome graphics!

Gigs84
  • Gigs84

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:16 PM

Please welcome and add MrSmarter22 and spartanwarrior to our roster as recruits :)

spartanwarrior
  • spartanwarrior

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:03 AM

Feels good to be part of the FAMILY thank you.

Mikhail Borovsky
  • Mikhail Borovsky

Retired Don

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

Welcome to the family. The forum post is going to look a little screwy until the forum moderators put in the table codes for the new forum upgrade. 

Gigs84
  • Gigs84

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:50 PM Edited by Haha365, 08 September 2013 - 12:08 AM.

Hey Mikhail :)

You can take a look at what I did in the recruitment thread. I basically took the table out and just manually added the questions and answers. It's not as nice as the tables but it's better than what it became.

RedAngelYardKing
  • RedAngelYardKing

Mangano

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

Good luck Tony.

Don't ruin the Mangano name.

Gigs84
  • Gigs84

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:09 AM Edited by Haha365, 08 September 2013 - 12:21 AM.

Good luck Tony.

Don't ruin the Mangano name.

No worries. I think he's done great so far and the family is growing pretty fast. Things are looking well for The Manganos.

EDIT: In other news, everyone please read the update on our Social Page. This will allow us to start getting set up for GTA Online. 

Mikhail Borovsky
  • Mikhail Borovsky

Retired Don

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:47 AM

I have edited the post to accommodate the recent forum changes. The roster will be unavailable until the forum codes are re-added -- this goes for the hitlist, as well. I have updated the application questions to where they are not an eye-sore, at least. 

Gigs84
  • Gigs84

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:03 AM

Thanks Don. You might want to add a question and answer place for the social accounts as well.Just an idea :-)

Mikhail Borovsky
  • Mikhail Borovsky

Retired Don

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

I have added a question for their Social Club name. That way it all falls in together. 

Gigs84
  • Gigs84

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

Good Morning/Afternnon Family :)

Just a reminder, today at 5pm EST we are having a family meeting on PSN. All have been requested to come. Hope to see everyone there!

Mikhail Borovsky
  • Mikhail Borovsky

Retired Don

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:23 AM

The meeting went good. Good discussions went on!

Gigs84
  • Gigs84

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

Excellent. Looking forward to seeing some of the entries for the emblem contest.

Gigs84
  • Gigs84

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

Private forum is in testing. As soon as it's done we'll be posting the link for the Family.

• lilray8899 likes this

lilray8899
  • lilray8899

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:36 AM

Username(lilray8899
Ps
3onlineusername is jazisbeast
Dont have a social club
Yes i have a headset
8:26 pm U.S.A
Yes i have a little skill i try my best
and always cooporate with my partners nd i am very loyal nd respectful
I ve been coming here everyday since i started
I ve been in 0 gangs nd i am hoping you will let me in

lilray8899
  • lilray8899

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:03 AM

P.s. I might not be on gta forums till Friday afthernoon or Saturday morning

Gigs84
  • Gigs84

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

Only a few days left gentlemen, until GTA V drops. Then soon after, The Manganos will be in full operation :)

Kelo20
  • Kelo20

Associate of The Mangano Crime Family

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

Only a few days left gentlemen, until GTA V drops. Then soon after, The Manganos will be in full operation :)

Yeah.. can't wait! We'll have to share some stuff we found in-game on our forums. :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users