Photo

Did Niko feel redemption after completing the game

15 replies to this topic
Infinityfq
  • Infinityfq

Career Criminal

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:17 AM

GTA IV's story was really depressing, probably the most depressing of all GTA's.
I felt that Niko was extremely depressed and he rarely felt good about anything.
With all the other GTAs, after finishing the game, I felt: ''This is it.''
With Niko however, I did not.
I wonder, how is he continiuing?
Share your opinions.

Scars
  • Scars

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (Infinityfq @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 03:17)
GTA IV's story was really depressing, probably the most depressing of all GTA's.
I felt that Niko was extremely depressed and he rarely felt good about anything.
With all the other GTAs, after finishing the game, I felt: ''This is it.''
With Niko however, I did not.
I wonder, how is he continiuing?
Share your opinions.

Hey there fellow Estonian smile.gif

It was more depressing for me when i let Roman die, didn't care so much about Kate. Niko has never been too much cheerful, i think he will carry on in his own serious way. Least he still has his buddies - Lil Jacob, Brucie, Packie to keep him company.

The One Called Vega
  • The One Called Vega

Formerly known as 'StoneHead37'...

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:35 PM Edited by StoneHead37, 03 September 2013 - 11:00 PM.

During the events of IV, Niko, on several occasions mentioned he wanted to leave the criminal life and by the end, all of his enemies were dead (even Bulgarin, who was killed by Luis). I would imagine he would stay in Liberty City to help Mallorie and Roman (if not murdered in the Deal storyline) raise their child, leaving behind the life he once lead.

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

rebel

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

yes it also depends on darko i imagine. but either way i think he carries on maybe gets a wife and puts his guns away. maybe explore more of america to.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

I imagine Niko probably carried on with his usual dark life. I can't imagine him really even being happu, he was made to be such a cold guy. If you
Spoiler
, He probably just went further into his depression, and even if he left crime behind, I would tend to think he would just end up being a bitter man at the core.

Jacob-B
  • Jacob-B

Misunderstood Genius

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

I think this is what made Niko such a great character, he was so realistic that i understand why some people thought he was boring.

It'd be really interesting if R* tries to do something with Niko's story in the future.

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

I always imagined that Niko shot himself after the end of IV. He didn't really achieve much apart from killing off half the criminal populace in Liberty City and earning a bunch of money with nothing to spend it on.

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Niko in V if they had implemented him into a cutscene talking with Mallorie and Roman or Kate and Roman's child, like chilling out at the beach or something at least happy for once.

I wasn't too bothered about Luis' ending since he had it all and still does. I would, however, also like to see how Johnny K's doing since he lost more or less everything at the end aside from a few of the gang.

I know these characters won't make an appearance in GTA V but it would be good if Rockstar implemented them into some sort of 5 minute introduction scene or just a normal cutscene, even once.

Back on topic, Niko just tolerated his life I guess. I actually reckon he'd put himself out of his own misery sometime after the storyline ended because his life barely had anything left for him to cherish.

GTAV2011
  • GTAV2011

GTAV...2013

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:02 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Niko in V if they had implemented him into a cutscene talking with Mallorie and Roman or Kate and Roman's child, like chilling out at the beach or something at least happy for once.

It won't happen but it would be cool if the opening of V was similar to TBOGT, instead of Luis walking down the street it's Michael, Franklin or Trevor and you went past GTA IV characters going about their business. It's small touches like that which can mean so much.

evoluon--720
  • evoluon--720

Left Field

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

If Niko does return in GTAV his cameo will be vague since there was multiple endings in IV.

I imagine he's left the life of crime. Still residing in Liberty maybe.. still off the radar 

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Give me Liberty

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

I really don't think he would off himself. I've always believed he went back to his homeland as he had nothing left in LC.

It's like a wound that never fully healed.

Bull12345Bull
  • Bull12345Bull

Active member since 10/10/2012.

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

I hope that there is an IV reference in V, so that we can find out which ending is canonical...

OT: I believe Niko did feel some kind of redemption, but he was pretty much devastated, especially after the Deal ending...

VercettiGroveRussian
  • VercettiGroveRussian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:09 AM

I really don't think he would off himself. I've always believed he went back to his homeland as he had nothing left in LC.

It's like a wound that never fully healed.

should have been Niko getting on a plane in the Tbogt credits, or the platapus sailing away into the horizon  :O

SavageSalad
  • SavageSalad

#nojetpack

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

Spoiler

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

Spoiler

That's interesting.[spoiler

Can you see his face, at least his eyes? Does it resemble Niko?[/spoiler]

HITMAN1342
  • HITMAN1342

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

I wasn't too bothered about Luis' ending since he had it all and still does. I would, however, also like to see how Johnny K's doing since he lost more or less everything at the end aside from a few of the gang.

I know these characters won't make an appearance in GTA V but it would be good if Rockstar implemented them into some sort of 5 minute introduction scene or just a normal cutscene, even once.

Back on topic, Niko just tolerated his life I guess. I actually reckon he'd put himself out of his own misery sometime after the storyline ended because his life barely had anything left for him to cherish.

Funny you mention this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users