» «
Photo

[IV l WIP l UK] GTA : BHE - A UK TC based on Hull

11 replies to this topic
iwerez
  • iwerez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:12 PM Edited by iwerez, 02 September 2013 - 10:14 PM.

user posted image

Ive been on this forum as a lurker for a while and have seen a fair amount of threads started looking/begging for beginners advice etc. This thread isn't for that, i just wanted to show any UK guys on here the progress on a map ive started which; since posting here i have found a few guys willing to help me along. Frank and universetwisters have offered advice and direction which motivated me to aim slightly higher than just a map mod, and onto a conversion for all the UK folk out there wanting familiarity in GTA. Along with that i also have experience with games design and a lot of time to kill on nights after work, you can see my uni portfolio of sh*t here :

user posted image

The idea came from just mindless chatter with irl friends and lead to actual progress, I rather not claim ridiculous scope or amounts that usually are never met. Instead i aim for small goals, it started with a street and within a month ive gotten the plans and structure in place for the entirety of my area of Hull. After that ive used googlemaps to dictate an area to aim for that provides variable areas that would be fun along with getting across the local feeling. Thats here;

https://mapsengine.g..._c.kZ4XZC1gKtDA

So for the sake of organization, the newest images will be embedded at the top, with links afterwards to older ones. First heres the newest video update for poeple wanting to see it in motion:

The video is older than the assets ive been working on, waiting for frank to show me how to make exporting easier and simpler than constantly f*cking with the heirarchy manager tounge.gif The roads are the newest thing done, Worked at getting a tileset i can piece together as a measuring stick, alternating for surface detail etc, then using max modifiers i can trace the googlemaps map and array all the road pieces (Y)

user posted image

user posted image

Other images:
First house Door
Sheds and Fences done and in place
Door placed around with shed and fence
Guttering done
Lampost
Green Fence
Bin
Bins in the level

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

I'm not a fan of Europe based maps but it's always nice to see new city maps. Good luck smile.gif

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

Like I said many times before, good job icon14.gif

lazlow555
  • lazlow555

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:49 PM

looks interesting, since its not another old gta remap. only thing is overusing reflection\bump. its on everything. and what are those gigantic white mushrooms? trees?

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Champion Guinea Pig [GTAFMC]
    Most Annoying Member [All Time]
    Best Total Overhaul 2014 [GTA SA Beta Edition]

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (lazlow555 @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 16:49)
and what are those gigantic white mushrooms? trees?

They are placeholders for trees and bushes.

iwerez
  • iwerez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (lazlow555 @ Tuesday, Sep 3 2013, 15:49)
looks interesting, since its not another old gta remap. only thing is overusing reflection\bump. its on everything. and what are those gigantic white mushrooms? trees?

Yeah thats called a block in, putting rough shapes in place representative of scale and composition, rather than wasting time trying to make it right in the first pass. Also the specularity in the engine is a problem ive already noted down and worked on, its because i didnt understand the specular power in relation to the engine. Since its engine specific and there really isnt much usefull documentation on RAGE.

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

Is this for real? I'm from Bransholme and it's weird to see someone make a map of it. It's even weirder how accurate the layout and assets are. Nice job.

iwerez
  • iwerez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:40 AM

Is this for real? I'm from Bransholme and it's weird to see someone make a map of it. It's even weirder how accurate the layout and assets are. Nice job.

Haha it sure is man, Where abouts you from?

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

I live down Noddlehill Way, just opposite the Garths. And so far this is looking a lot like the Garths actually.

iwerez
  • iwerez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

I live down Noddlehill Way, just opposite the Garths. And so far this is looking a lot like the Garths actually.

Its kinloss Garth ^ the starting point in the video anyway, the plan is to cover the entire noddle hill area.

Node
  • Node

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:14 PM

Hey, great job!

I'm from the UK too.  :^: 

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:29 PM Edited by d0mm2k8, 13 September 2013 - 11:29 PM.

Its kinloss Garth ^ the starting point in the video anyway, the plan is to cover the entire noddle hill area.

Seriously? Wow, I hope the best man. This is great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users