Quantcast

» «
Photo

why are we so hated wanting gta v on pc?

408 replies to this topic

Poll: do you agree with me? (583 member(s) have cast votes)

do you agree with me?

1. yes (188 votes [35.34%])

Percentage of vote: 35.34%

2. no (344 votes [64.66%])

Percentage of vote: 64.66%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Aly Zaroon
  • Aly Zaroon

Spammaster

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

Nothing against PC gaming, or modding, as long as you pay for the game.. I will probably get it for PC myself after I have the XBOX copy for a while.. but it's annoying when all you say is "PC PLZ". Ever seen the GTA V Facebook page?

exactly if PC user don't pay for the game and they all have game for free then company increase Prices of DLCs and other things  $179.00 headset(elite)!!?????? come on R*  :(

zparry
  • zparry

The only thing I can't stand is stupid people

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

PC is where games go to die, look how many franchises have been destroyed by PC gaming due to the mods and hacks, the pc community completely deface a game and disrespect its creators...honestly the list of games that are frowned upon because of pc is endless, need i say more?

This is true regardless of morality. It's harder to do this on consoles, yes... and that's exactly the reason the game developers prefer to release console games. I personally like to play games online without people cheating... and let's face it, cheating happens way less on console games because of the difficulty in modding. I can't stand mods, and honestly...I can't stand pirating video games. I wouldn't do it even if I could. Game developers create art... I'm not gonna buy a piece of art, deface it...call it better and place it on my wall. It has no value anymore. While it may not be the majority of PC gamers that do that, it's certainly a significantly higher number than console gamers. Therefore, it's significantly more annoying for gamers who like playing the game they bought online, and it's significantly more costly to game developers when 1 out of 5 people are stealing their game.

• marcx likes this

zparry
  • zparry

The only thing I can't stand is stupid people

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

Again, please shut up.

When it was announced that GTA V would be delayed on consoles...people went nutz. You are telling me that if they decided to possibly not make the game for consoles anymore you guys would not whine? You would be patient? What if on the 17th it was coming out on PC..and possibly on the consoles after..but it wasn't 100% sure.

Your logic is nonexistent... GTA V was never announced for PC. They didn't decide not to make it later. So how bout you shut up? Wait for them to f*cking announce it and stop whining.

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

Not every console gamer hates pc gamers, it's the fanboys who make the big deals out of small things. But I some pc gamers, as well as some console gamers, only know how to whine. That's what gets many people annoyed.

But as I say, welcome to the Internet where kids think their tough and adults whine. (Don't take this saying seriuosly people)
  • zparry likes this

M-B
  • M-B

A dope trailer is no place for a kitty.

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

I didn't read all 14 pages so far as it would appear a lot of people have the same argument but word it slightly different every time. I have a Xbox, ps3 and pc. Pre-ordered V for Xbox. The argument about piracy is a stupid one tho. Console gamers are just as prolific in pirating games as the pc equivalent. Ok so on consoles it might be a little harder to get the games to run but the problem remains.

I had a flashed 360 for a good few years during my unfortunate lack of work and the amount of "free" games available was and still is outstanding. Just look at Xbox ISO. I guarantee GTA V will be up on there before wednesday this week... They have already gone ahead and uploaded there GTA banner ready for it.

So yeah anyway, piracy on any of the platforms is rife. No one platform should be singled out or classed as worse.
  • tom_p1980 likes this

Hakosuka
  • Hakosuka

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

I don't hate all PC gamers, just most of them. All the majority of you guys do is complain about not having certain games on your beloved PC's, then once the game is released on the PC, you guys complain about how bad the port was. You can never appreciate anything; thinking everything has to be perfect for the PC because more money was spent on it than on a console. Nothing is wrong with modding, people just don't like it when PC players mod their online play and make everyone else's experience worse. Modding is good for entertainment, not to give you an advantage over other players. You (OP) are telling people to stop generalizing PC gamers as elitist douchebags, if you want that, then tell the PC gamers to stop generalizing all console players as 12 year old kids who haven't hit puberty yet that have the intelligence of a squirrel. That's how PC players view us console users. They think they're better than us because they spent more $$$ to buy a better rig, making us the peasants simply because we chose to play on a different platform.  

And you think waiting a few months for GTA is bad, we had to wait a few years for Crysis 1. 

• marcx likes this

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:32 PM Edited by reform, 08 September 2013 - 06:32 PM.

I don't think you understand the situation at all OP.

• tom_p1980 and marcx like this

stobe187
  • stobe187

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:14 PM Edited by stobe187, 08 September 2013 - 11:14 PM.

I just love how the PC crowd acts and talks like it is somehow "more appropriate" for GTA to come out on PC. Since III, the games have come out on console first and PC afterwards – and that is not to say that one is inferior to the other – It's just how it goes, and has gone for over 10 years and still you cling to the fact that GTA is somehow "more" of a PC game series.

I dig the way you boys know how and what R* should do!

Baineblade
  • Baineblade

Tac. Ops.

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:24 PM

....Dear god this thing is still going?  Could you all just let it die already please.  It's been far and away noted that a majority of the forums are tired of hearing the PC crowd, and a majority of the PC crowd are tired of hearing the console crowd.  So please, just let this thing die already.

TechNoir87
  • TechNoir87

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:24 PM

I don't care, main reason: I don't wanna see any stupid mods added, GTA IV was butchered with it.

grumpy cat meme
  • grumpy cat meme

Le p'tit minou

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

400th reply for you whiney PC players.

Have a nice day.

• gabypoux likes this

Littletimmy
  • Littletimmy

Master Sergeant Shooter Sergeant Person!

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

pc master race!

robp77
  • robp77

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

I know how you feel. I love playing on the PC. 50% of the games I play are FPS in nature and by god the KBM is the best First Person Interaction system I can think of. I don't use my PC for just gaming. To me it's an endlessly modular Swiss Army Knife.

After how bad GTA 4 sucked, It threw me off console gaming. I had no games to look forward to. Not even Halo or Cod. Honestly I could never get the grasp on playing FPS games with a controller. It feels so wrong to me. Yes the 360 controller is better than the PS3 controller but they both pale in comparison to the Keyboard & Mouse.

I joined the master race eight years ago because of a little game called Battlefield 2. In that time, I spent maybe 4k on PC parts and another 8k on PC games. If a game comes out on PC I splurge for the better GPU, RAM, SSD, Etc. I like achieving maximum detail in my games. 

It's a shame that we always get ignored. If not ignored, we're yelled at and called Pirates and sh*t. It pisses me off to no end. I buy my games with my hard earned money. I don't expect anything for free. Just respect. I'm your customer, treat me like one. I bought all the Borderlands 2 DLC & paid full price on steam because I love that game. Is it too much to ask for mod tools though? I can't mod for sh*t, but I know people who can and do. Three of my top 10 games on PC are mods. And mods have not discouraged me from purchasing DLC and Expansion packs for my games. Except if the developers come out against mod tools and/or are pretentious assholes like Almir for Payday 2 and Phil Fish from fez.

Also I despise Steam. They have a Monopoly on Digital Sales on the PC Platform. And they abuse their power, Both on an Economic and Social Level. I've heard horror stories about microsoft banning people for making 'racist' jokes or for the Xbox admins banning people for beating them in game. Trust me it's worse on PC. I had a run in with Chet F. in CS:S a long time ago. It was about the time L4D2 came out and everyone was on his case about the game being sh*t. I said nothing and had my account banned for a week. Then I ran into the Whiteknight Brandon Q. on TF2. I rented a server for me and my friends. We were making jokes about the George Zimmerman trial. Then we got our accounts suspended for a week. f*ck them and f*ck any company that tries to enforce a code of conduct on my Servers.

And on Piracy. I'm so sick of that bullsh*t excuse. Console piracy is rampant in the third world! My GF is from brazil. Everyone has a PS2 and everyone has pirated PS2 games because it's just too expensive to buy in store. Funny thing is people are actually pirating entire consoles in Brazil. They're cheap to build aswell. Parts for a Pirated PS2 cost maybe 50 real in the Brazilian market.

I'm sick and tired of having to beg and petition for games. It's degrading. I don't do it cause If a developer decides to say f*ck you to me? I say f*ck you to them.(Like Epic for example f*ck you Cliffy B). But if we do get something it's either awfully optimized(black ops 2), has god awful controls(Max Paybe 3), or both(GTA:4).

I would literally pay Rockstar 100$ for a day 1 PC release of GTA:V. As long as it's Optimized and Coded properly. And don't give me that bullsh*t excuse of platform disparity. Yes there are hundred different hardware configs but isn't that what DirectX is for? Was not DirectX's original purpose to compete with OpenGL by simplifying things for the developer? When most games run the OS gives a majority of it's resources to the Game. I'm playing Crysis 1 multiplayer on Maximum right now, My system is giving the game 2 out of 4 cores, 4 out of 16 gigs of ram, and all 3d gpu resources. One core is off and the last core is nearly idle running Steam Community and Internet services taking not even 50mbs of ram. Optimization is a bullsh*t excuse. The devs know it.

GTA:V has no PC release in sight and like it's predecessor GTA:4 it's making me buy a console. I hope it doesn't end up a piece of brown/bloom, boring, sh*t that GTA 4 was and still is.
  • storm4710 likes this

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:23 AM

ConsolevsPC_2.jpg

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

The only reason I want GTA V on PC is I want MORE models to convert to GTA SA.

I'm not doing it for piracy, though. Just for role playing/movie making purposes.

.JimmyHopkins.
  • .JimmyHopkins.

"We die alone, but we live among men."

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:42 AM Edited by libertycityfilms, 09 September 2013 - 12:53 AM.

Topics like this are why most people don't like PC gamers...I don't have anything against them ,but just saying.Consoles are consoles ,people buy them for exact reasons,same goes for PC's,the common thing are the games and that's what should be talked about here.Everyone with their own choices and with their own opinions on what's better and what not.Try force it and you become an idiot infront of everyone.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

To answer the OP, you are hated because of the following reasons:

You constantly whine about wanting a PC version

You constantly boast about the "superiority" of a PC

You constantly talk about how "cool" your hacking is

You constantly remind us how terrible console graphics look

Finally, just to hammer home the fact that you cannot contain yourself about the greatness of PC's, and your hacking abilities, you provide MORE proof about it in the very post you ask about why people hate you.

GTAV will eventually come to PC's, and you can go right back to constantly reminding everyone about PC superiority.

• marcx, Kamii786 and nitr0monkey like this

Xx_ii LMAO ii_xX
  • Xx_ii LMAO ii_xX

Vicious Tactician

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:57 AM

It's the modding

Kamii786
  • Kamii786

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:10 AM Edited by Kamii786, 09 September 2013 - 01:11 AM.

Because I'm tired of hearing the same thing from PC gamers, I'm sure people here won't need me to give examples they'll know what I'm on about.

• marcx likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users