Photo

New iPhone? Sooner than you think.

27 replies to this topic
Aire_Distortion
  • Aire_Distortion

クリスチャン∑ロウ

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

I'm long overdue for an upgrade on my (ancient, by today's standards) iPhone 4, so I've been doing a lot of digging into the next iPhone's release. I will share with you what I've seen to be rumored.

1. Announcement September 10th... Release is usually ten days after the announcement, so expect a release around September 20th.
2. New colors! Champagne Gold, and Graphite Grey should feature on the iPhone 5S
3. Fingerprint Scanners. The 4-Digit lock code could be replaced with this.

4. 'Welfare' iPhone 5C to also be released for as little as $0 on contract, $199 off. However, it will be plastic cased so breaking will be far more likely. Yet, the specs of it are expected to be the same as the current iPhone 5.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

Colors on a phone, well I'll be...
  • Pico likes this

Aire_Distortion
  • Aire_Distortion

クリスチャン∑ロウ

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (Spaghetti Cat @ Monday, Sep 2 2013, 19:49)

For Apple, it's a rather big deal. They only recently added white into the mix. It was black only for years.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (Aire_Distortion @ Monday, Sep 2 2013, 14:52)
QUOTE (Spaghetti Cat @ Monday, Sep 2 2013, 19:49)

For Apple, it's a rather big deal. They only recently added white into the mix. It was black only for years.

Do what?
The 3G came in black and white and it was the second phone and the second year (2008). The first phone (2007) wasn't really a color since the back was just metal with a patch of black at the bottom.
And every year since there as always been a black and white iPhone. The only issue being that some times the white was released late due to various problems.

beatthedevil56
  • beatthedevil56

Your Personal Jesus

• Members

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

Is everyone as jacked out of their dicks as I am for the new iPhone? It is going to be f*ckawesome! Best way ever to fill a solid five days of the void known as your entire life. Then itís time to start waiting for the next one. If you get a break from all that iPhone 5 pussy camped outside the Apple store, enjoy this picture with a caption.

user posted image
OhÖ mygawd. I am so putting this inside my ass when I get home.

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:33 AM

I got the 4S when it launched and have always planned on upgrading to the 5S. However, I ended up buying the Galaxy S4 but I sent it back because I just couldn't get into it. So now I'm stuck with a basic cheap phone until the 5S comes out. I might not buy it straight away, I'll probably wait until it's been released to see if there's any issues with it. Probably buy it late-October.

• Waddy likes this

RedHolden
  • RedHolden

Playing GTA Since 2001

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

I think it's time for me to upgrade from my Nokia 220 and Go for a Iphone 5C. My ipod touch is holding well with no signs of cracks or smashed glass. So i'll be able to take care of a Iphone just fine.

Had a Nokia 220 since 2011 and It was my first phone. But after 2 years of use. It's starting to fall apart and has huge scratch marks on the metal cover case of the phone.

What my Nokia Phone looks like

1313685318_240402262_1-Fotos-de--NOKIA-2

Type of Iphone 5C i'm hoping to get

QT0103009700.jpg

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

100% Natural awesomeness in every post.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

That colored back makes it look like a Windows Phone. :D I've only owned the iPhone 3G, now I'm very happy with my Nexus 4 though. I'll probably get the iPhone 6 just to experience the iOS once again.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

RedHolden, that aint a real Nokia then :D My Nokia is a 3500 classic, its from 2008 and works well, only has signal problems. Anyways, im looking forward to the price on it...it wont be cheap, because its apple, but still. Im only up to a 200 euroish mobile, dont have the cash or really point in getting anything more expensive. Pointless to waste all that money on a phone.

Ryujin.
  • Ryujin.

First blood

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:36 AM Edited by RyujinXKaizer, 09 September 2013 - 10:37 AM.

QT0103009700.jpg

I expected something different. I'm expecting more of this, ignore the case:

5ccase.jpg

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

I heard the iphone 5s and 5c are being announced/launched tomorrow?

I have a 4S right now and will be upgrading to the 5S, I too will wait a few weeks first though

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

I'll say this - they've really got to introduce a "killer app" for the 5S, because if I hadn't lost my 4S last year I'd still be using it and not concerned at all about upgrading.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

I'll say this - they've really got to introduce a "killer app" for the 5S, because if I hadn't lost my 4S last year I'd still be using it and not concerned at all about upgrading.

I would say at least 60% of my income is done on my iphone. They are so vital for me and what I do.

If they can improve the model then its even better for me, thats why I have no issue with just going out and buying a new handset, in contract or not. I suppose the smart phone is part of modern life and modern business, scares the hell out of me to imagine not having it!

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

I could see that. Do you use your phone as a POS terminal?

Things are getting really interesting with this iPhone 5c - which, by all accounts so far, is the same guys as the current iPhone 5. You could buy a few of them. Heh.

Ever thought about going the iPad route instead?

Regardless, hoping they wow us today! And who knows, maybe they'll surprise us and announce the new iPad too. You nnnnever know. I've been holding out for an upgrade; I'm still using the iPad 2.

one55
  • one55

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

i'm looking forward to the event in about an hours time.

i really want the 5s but i might hold off for a couple months before buying it. also, one important thing is that they make 32gb the base storage size. 16gb just doesn't cut it anymore for me so 32gb is the model of 4S I got. i'd like to see 32gb/64gb/128gb sizes made standard. that way i can buy it for a bit cheaper.

not really interested in this finger print scanner thing. i don't really see why we need it. 

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:53 PM Edited by Otter, 10 September 2013 - 06:07 PM.

So far what I'm digging:

- The new processor. a 64-bit phone. Wung. This is going to kick ASS in the new iPad.

- the Motion processor. Sounds like the gyro could actually be fully integrated into apps, and really going to make AR apps shine.

- the battery life seems like a bit of a boost. Maybe it'll survive a few days without a charge. Not holding breath.

- New camera seems like a significant boost. f2.2 and a larger sensor.

Still nothing to make me want to upgrade from the 5... or even the 4S at this point....

...and then 120fps slo mo. OK. I'm interested...

...OK, only at 720p. Nothing fantastic.

Overall, I'd only reccomend (personally) if you've got a in iphone 4 or earlier, or if you're really jacked about this new fingerprint sensor. Camera update is modest and graphics - unless you're a huge iphone gamer - don't really seel it for me.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

I could see that. Do you use your phone as a POS terminal?

Things are getting really interesting with this iPhone 5c - which, by all accounts so far, is the same guys as the current iPhone 5. You could buy a few of them. Heh.

Ever thought about going the iPad route instead?

Regardless, hoping they wow us today! And who knows, maybe they'll surprise us and announce the new iPad too. You nnnnever know. I've been holding out for an upgrade; I'm still using the iPad 2.

I have a wireless POS terminal but I have seen those for the iphone.

iPad just wont do all the things I need unfortunately so I use the phone and laptop.

Will deffo get the 5S when it launches, I quite like the finger print scanner thing,

uzer
  • uzer

un-RIP Feroci

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

I'm still rocking the base iphone 4, mostly since I didn't feel the 5 was enough of an upgrade. May have to jump on the 5S since it'll be another year before we see the 6.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:40 PM

Why the hell would anyone need a fingerprint scanner on their phone? Probably just ends up sending your fingerprints to the NSA anyway. 

Justin80
  • Justin80

Genius

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:21 PM Edited by Justin80, 10 September 2013 - 11:22 PM.

I have had iphones since the very first one in 2007. Currently have had my 4S for 2 years.

BUT I am pissed. They keep dickin around and wont give us a proper sized screen so Monday I'm going to check out the HTC One that came out a few months ago. Anybody have one? Whats battery like?

one55
  • one55

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:47 PM

well my wish for 32gb/64gb/128gb models wasn't granted. i'm not paying £630 for a 32gb 5S. I'll go with the 16gb 5c for £469 + iTunes Match £22 = £491. 

Just need to decide on a colour: white or blue.

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:40 PM Edited by Whiskey, 11 September 2013 - 04:40 PM.

I have had iphones since the very first one in 2007. Currently have had my 4S for 2 years.

BUT I am pissed. They keep dickin around and wont give us a proper sized screen so Monday I'm going to check out the HTC One that came out a few months ago. Anybody have one? Whats battery like?

I'm considered an average user and I'd get just shy of 2 days on it with music, facebook, calls and texting. I don't game on it but you'll easily get a day out of it.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

I get about 6 hours out of my 4s.

Saliva
  • Saliva

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:58 AM

I don't trust them with the fingerprint scanner. I'll just sit back and watch the sh*tstorm when it gets hacked.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:42 AM

Anyone upgrade to iOS 7?

No sir, I don't like the changes to how it looks.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:07 AM

Let's carry that discussion on here...

http://gtaforums.com...entry1062630409

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

• United-Kingdom

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

Why the hell would anyone need a fingerprint scanner on their phone? Probably just ends up sending your fingerprints to the NSA anyway.

It's actually less secure than pins or passwords when you factor in the fact that you can change a pin or password if someone else gets a hold of it. I'd like to see you change your fingerprint in a way not involving a Bunsen burner or belt sander.

Worship
  • Worship

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

Well, i recommend you to buy a new HTC Butterfly S. Much more buttery life(3200 mAh), plus, smoother. The price is even lower a bit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users