How the story might begin - official info only

14 replies to this topic
Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

Sorry if this has already been discussed before. I have used the search function with no results so far.

As we already know, our protagonists won't be all playable from the start (http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=566066). Well, after watching the official trailer I came to a conclusion.

Well, Trevor is obviously not one of the first playable protagonists. Why? Because he says: "I'm back in town baby!" on the "Trevor" trailer.

0:16 - 0:18 - "I'm back in town, baby!"

So we're left with Franklin and Michael. Maybe we start with both of them playable. That was my guess until I watched the official trailer. At the beginning we can see Michael relaxing at home, near the swimming pool. Franklin is talking to him. He asks Michael if there's something he can do for him. Michael says "I'm retired".

0:09 - 0:13

Well, Michael and Franklin did a job together in the past, so maybe Michael decided to retire immediatelly after that job. When he came back to the "game", he decides to introduce Franklin to Trevor.

So our first playable protagonist is Franklin. The part which I mentioned (Franklin and Michael talking near the swimming pool) is probably the first miossion of the game. Just like other GTA games, we start as Franklin in the hoods, then we grab a BMX vehicle and drive to Michael's mansion, where they talk. Michael probably refuses doing any job with Franklin, but then, one or two missions later, they meet again and Michael decides that he is "back in the game".

Then Trevor comes back to town and decide to join them, around the 10th mission.

Or I could be completely wrong.

SIRHC13
  • SIRHC13

The One Who Gently Knocks

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

Michael's last job that failed and landed him in witness protection. He fakes his death and leads Trevor to mourn him(R.I.P Michael tattoo).

baboultr
  • baboultr

Grove Street

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

wait so michael and franklin did a job before?

Kingification
  • Kingification

Somebody told me - when I went to Nashville...

• Members

Based on the achievements that were released, you definitely start off as Franklin.

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Brazil

QUOTE (SIRHC13 @ Monday, Sep 2 2013, 16:06)
Michael's last job that failed and landed him in witness protection. He fakes his death and leads Trevor to mourn him(R.I.P Michael tattoo).

True, I completely forgot about the witness protection program. Maybe the job Michael and Franklin did failed because of Franklin (he was new and had no skills). Then Franklin apologizes asking Michael if there's anything he can do for him.

baboultr
  • baboultr

Grove Street

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

Na franklin and michael haven't done jobs together before..

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (baboultr @ Monday, Sep 2 2013, 16:11)

They have, according to GTA Wikia.

Franklin is an ambitious man with a desire to move beyond petty crime and rise higher in the criminal underworld. Franklin presumably branches out, whether on his own or with someone else's guidance, and meets Michael. Both men did a job together and afterwards, Michael saw potential in Franklin and introduces him to Trevor around the time the game begins.

Link: http://gta.wikia.com/Franklin

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

He says " back in town baby" reffering to Michael being back.

baboultr
  • baboultr

Grove Street

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Fisciletti @ Monday, Sep 2 2013, 19:14)
QUOTE (baboultr @ Monday, Sep 2 2013, 16:11)

They have, according to GTA Wikia.

Franklin is an ambitious man with a desire to move beyond petty crime and rise higher in the criminal underworld. Franklin presumably branches out, whether on his own or with someone else's guidance, and meets Michael. Both men did a job together and afterwards, Michael saw potential in Franklin and introduces him to Trevor around the time the game begins.

Link: http://gta.wikia.com/Franklin

Intresting but that could've been after the swimming pool thing maybe michael wanted to test him first.

Muhammad Hamdan
  • Muhammad Hamdan

Spammaster

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:19 PM

i think trevor say "im new in Town and making friends ALOT of Friends"

MonsterCockDude
  • MonsterCockDude

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:20 PM Edited by MonsterCockDude, 02 September 2013 - 07:24 PM.

Wasn't Michael's last job before going into witness protection about 10 years or so ago?

Isn't Franklin in his 20's as well?

That would mean that Franklin would have been working for Michael as a teenager or something.

Also Franklin is portrayed so far as a gang member from the hood who is trying to leave that lifestyle and get into more high level crime to make more money, he likely has not done any jobs for Michael yet or even met Michael before the start of the game or story.

Maybe the opening cutscene will be a flashback to Trevor and Michael and maybe others doing a job years ago, then something will happen leading to Michael going into witness protection, then it cuts to the start of the game, where you are starting off as Franklin ( since the achievements mention repoing a car or something as one of the first things you do ), doing a job for the Armenian guy, and you repo Michael's car, or someone Michael knows, and then Michael goes to get it back next since if you look in Michael's trailer... it looks like he is fighting the bald Armenian guy as well. Maybe this is how Michael meets Franklin in the story?

Edit:

Go to around 52 seconds in here...

Now go to around 42 seconds here...

Maybe those are the same guy?

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

from what that one ex rockstar guy said names where different but michael is your main guy.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (Aiden Pierce @ Monday, Sep 2 2013, 19:19)
i think trevor say "im new in Town and making friends ALOT of Friends"

New in Los Santos, not Blaine County.

Dawgshite
  • Dawgshite

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:28 PM Edited by Dawgshite, 02 September 2013 - 07:32 PM.

QUOTE (Fisciletti @ Monday, Sep 2 2013, 19:00)
Sorry if this has already been discussed before. I have used the search function with no results so far.

Well, Michael and Franklin did a job together in the past, so maybe Michael decided to retire immediatelly after that job. When he came back to the "game", he decides to introduce Franklin to Trevor.

So our first playable protagonist is Franklin. The part which I mentioned (Franklin and Michael talking near the swimming pool) is probably the first miossion of the game. Just like other GTA games, we start as Franklin in the hoods, then we grab a BMX vehicle and drive to Michael's mansion, where they talk. Michael probably refuses doing any job with Franklin, but then, one or two missions later, they meet again and Michael decides that he is "back in the game".

Then Trevor comes back to town and decide to join them, around the 10th mission.

Or I could be completely wrong.

I think you're wrong that Franklin and Michael is together at the very beginning of the game. I think the pool scene is way further into the game. I have not been exposed to any spoilers so I'm just speculating as you are.

If you watch this video (0:41) you'll see that franklin and michael doesnt even know each other in the beginning. It's just michael and trevor that knows each other.

https://www.youtube....detailpage#t=40

Either we play as Franklin or Michael in the start. My bet is on Franklin.

MonsterCockDude
  • MonsterCockDude

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

Ok so this might be how it starts out...

Michael and Trevor flashback doing a heist that goes wrong, Michael goes into witness protection, then it goes to the current time, and Franklin is being given a job by the Armenian guy Simeon to repo a car, the car might be Michael's or one of his kids or his wives car or something. Michael while having a lot of money might have missed some payments or be running out of money, Franklin takes the car.

Later Franklin does a mission for###### and Michael since he doesn't have a car is sitting at the bench, Franklin asks him for directions but does not know him, maybe later Michael finds where the car is located and goes to get it back but Simeon makes it hard for him, or wants him to pay extra money, or something so Michael gets upset and beats up Simeon, maybe Franklin comes in late and sees this and remembers the guy helped him with directions and also is impressed by him beating up his boss Simeon so he becomes friendly with Michael and this could be how they meet up.

Maybe later, Michael has to do some work for FIB and they set him back up with Trevor who is living in Blaine county and probably doesn't know that Michael is in Los Santos as well.

Then eventually Michael has Franklin meet Trevor and all 3 work together for heists throughout San Andreas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users