Tidying Up After Spammers/Trollers

4 replies to this topic
Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

I'd first like to thank the admin for doing a remarkable job on keeping the forums clean, I know that a network this size, it isn't easy. icon14.gif Keep it up !

Can I request, that when banning the spammers/trollers, that you delete all there posts as well? 9 times out of 10, they have joined the same day; so you aren't going to accidentally delete anything valuable.

I'm an admin on a few non-gaming forums, and this is something that we do for members who have just registered to spam on the forum.
For older members who have turned into a spammer, we just ban them and delete there spammy posts; because during their time on the forums, they might have some valuable posts buried in some threads somewhere.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

They already delete their posts, at least when it involves leaks or offensive/gross material as I've seen in the GTA V section. But it sounds like a time waste to root out even the minor spammy posts and delete them, it doesn't come off as necessary to me.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

I know you've been complaining, but you weren't ready.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

It also depends from moderator to moderator, most choose to delete all the fakes and "OMG GOT THE GAME" reports, others just lock the topic with a statement and let it die.

bongony
  • bongony

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:25 AM

worst idea ever icon13.gif

pd: chupala puto (?

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE (methodunderg @ Monday, Sep 2 2013, 03:14)
I'd first like to thank the admin for doing a remarkable job on keeping the forums clean, I know that a network this size, it isn't easy.  icon14.gif   Keep it up !

Admin?

ADMIN?

Alright you inconsiderate human being, next time you need help, don't come to us puny moderators. Also, I'm not going to delete the post above me.

But seriously, deleting posts is a slightly lengthy process on the current software. So, unless something needs to be absolutely deleted, we generally don't bother. Hopefully, this will change when we move over to the new forums.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users