How will car insurance work

9 replies to this topic
Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

okay so I was watching some videos and have some thoughts on car insurance and how it will work. okay so hear we go

1. Will you be insuring your vehicles in GTA: V why or why not?

2. How will the insurance system work, Will it be based on driving skill. example if you are a really good driver and never damage or getting your car stolen will you pay less

3. Will insurance rates depend on how many claims you make

4. Will Insurance rates depend on how many cars you have and the amount of customization you have done to the vehicle

5. Will insurance rates depend on your character I.E. Will Trevor pay more because he is a drug addicted psychopath, do you think Franklin and Micheal will pay less to insure a vehicle because they appear to be a little wealthier?

6. If you steal a vehicle from another online player and they have insurance on it will your player be able to insure the vehicle you stole from another players garage collection.

7. Say you steal a vehicle from another players online garage, Will you be able to save that car you stole, or if the player you stole it from do you think the game will not allow you to save the car until you change it.

8. If you steal a vehicle from another players online garage and you try to save it do you think the car will disappear from your garage or do you think that vehicle be towed from your garage once the online player that you stole the car from makes that insurance claim?

9. Do you think you will be able to lock and secure your garage so your cars can not be stolen making your insurance rates lower.

Saleem
  • Saleem

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (Crazyeighties @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 19:36)
okay so I was watching some videos and have some thoughts on car insurance and how it will work. okay so hear we go

1. Will you be insuring your vehicles in GTA: V why or why not?

2. How will the insurance system work, Will it be based on driving skill.  example if you are a really good driver and never damage or getting your car stolen will you pay less

3. Will insurance rates depend on how many claims you make

4. Will Insurance rates depend on how many cars you have and the amount of customization you have done to the vehicle

5. Will insurance rates depend on your character I.E. Will Trevor pay more because he is a drug addicted psychopath,  do you think Franklin and Micheal will pay less to insure a vehicle because they appear to be a little wealthier?

6. If you steal a vehicle from another online player and they have insurance on it will your player be able to insure the vehicle you stole from another players garage collection.

7. Say you steal a vehicle from another players online garage, Will you be able to save that car you stole, or if the player you stole it from do you think the game will not allow you to save the car until you change it.

8. If you steal a vehicle from another players online garage and you try to save it do you think the car will disappear from your garage or do you think that vehicle  be towed from your garage once the online player that you stole the car from makes that insurance claim?

9. Do you think you will be able to lock and secure your garage so your cars can not be stolen making your insurance rates lower.

1. I will be definitely because I don't want my cars to go from me

2. Hopefully the more skilled of a driver you are then the cheaper you pay for insurance

3. Possibly and hopefully

4. More cars mean more expensive?

5. I reckon that's how it'll work

6. I don't reckon it'll work like that because people will just have too many of the same car

7. I hope you won't be able to steal people's cars and save them because it's not their own car it's someone elses

8. I want it to disappear

9. Maybe the better garage/house security you have people won't be able to steal your cars and insurance will cost less

10. BRING ON 17th SEPTEMEBER!

YEAH!

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

1. If you buy a rare car (maybe you can't buy every car at every time) and you wreck it, an insurance would be useful.

2. Doubt on driving skill (otherwise Franklin would always have the cheapest rates). Maybe something different or the price is based on the vehicle / type of vehicle like sports car etc. Maybe how much you already cost the insurance, just like in real.

3. See 2.

4. See 2.

5. See 2.

6. I don't think you can reinsure the stolen car. In real you also can't insure a stolen car. Can't imagine how this works after PaynSpray. Let's see what they have made out of that.

7. See 6.

8. See 7 and maybe you can track your own car (if it was stolen) using GPS. So you can get it back when you located it. That might be fun to conquer his own cars back.

9. Maybe we will get a car key to lock it. Would love that.

INEEDVNOW
  • INEEDVNOW

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

I hope i can let my car steal by a friend of my crew and get money for it. Then get my car back from friend and give him a cut. Will that work? A little insurance fraud smile.gif

Heisenberg108
  • Heisenberg108

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

The insurance will be offered by State Farm and include the Double Check Discount.

"I got ya a Dollar."

meson1
  • meson1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

I reckon that it's just a vehicle recovery system framed in the guise of car insurance. I think the mechanism will be somewhat simplistic. You ring up or go on the in-game web and pay an amount (a premium) to insure your car. Then, later, when you want to recover your stolen or wrecked vehicle, you ring up and claim paying another amount (a deductible) to have it delivered back to you. I think the only variable that will dictate the amounts paid will be the value of the car in question.

I think stealing a car in GTA:Online and potentially having lots of the exact same car running around may be an issue. It's unclear if and how Rockstar will deal with this.

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

I think insurance will be more simple than people think... for each car you own there's a monthly fee. We know bank accounts are in, maybe you get overdrawn and the repo guy comes out? biggrin.gif

I don't think you'll have to browse comparison sites wink.gif

Seeto200
  • Seeto200

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

1. Yes, The idea of being able to keep your car is exciting, I wan't to be able to have a car I can call my own without having to steal a car because the one I had disappeared

2. 3. 4. 5 & 9 Don't really want a complex insurance system like real life, that's what makes real life car insurance a complete ball ache. just something proportional to the cars value would suffice.

6. 7. & 8 a Restriction on insuring stolen cars, or you get a copy back of the car stolen from you

YusufAmirFan
  • YusufAmirFan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

geico

05-BROCKY-05
  • 05-BROCKY-05

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

I reckon skilled driver training is back like in SA and the better yo do the less you pay on insurance.

1. I will be, but only on cars i've modified extensively.

2. Check my thoughts at the top of this post.

3. Possibly, Hopefully we aren't forced to pay more coz idiots keep stealing our cars.

4. It will probably get more expensive the more you do as they will be sought after if seen online.

5. Doubt it.

6. The only way to keep the car is for a workshop to change it for you, otherwise you will get punished by rockstar.

7. See #6

8. See #6

9. Hopefully.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users