GTA:O Heist Planning.

15 replies to this topic
xSplodge-
  • xSplodge-

<InsertMemberTitleHere>

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

How Will Planning A Heist Work? And How Will The Money Be Split? I Dont Really Know How It Will Work Or How It Might Work.

Do You Plan How Much Money Each Member Will Get During The Planning Phase Or Is It When The Heist Is Complete The Leader Of The Group Decides How Much Each Member Gets? And How Will The Heist Planning Work?, Will Crew Members Have To 'Case The Joint' Before The Actual Heist In Order To Get Information On Where Cameras, Guards, The Bank Vault And Possible Escape Routes Will Be?

Any Discussion/Comfirmation Of This Stuff Will Be Appreciated, Thank you.

DannyMan
  • DannyMan

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:39 PM

They say you have a planning room for heists I wanna see how that works

Moe36
  • Moe36

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

I know you have a planning room on single player as they showed in a trailer with blueprints of the bank but I am also curious to see what happens online. I hope they have planning cause that would make it fun. It's very likely cause no way you are just going to hook up with friends and drive to the bank and rob it, cops would be all over you

5StarV
  • 5StarV

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

More interestingly, why do some people capitalise every word in a post? Must take freakin' agest to type out.

xSplodge-
  • xSplodge-

<InsertMemberTitleHere>

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (Moe36 @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 18:59)
I know you have a planning room on single player as they showed in a trailer with blueprints of the bank but I am also curious to see what happens online. I hope they have planning cause that would make it fun. It's very likely cause no way you are just going to hook up with friends and drive to the bank and rob it, cops would be all over you

yeah, but how would this be implemented into gta v and how is the money split is it all pre planned or is the money split at the end of a heist if so how will this be done?

xSplodge-
  • xSplodge-

<InsertMemberTitleHere>

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (5StarV @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 19:56)
More interestingly, why do some people capitalise every word in a post? Must take freakin' agest to type out.

Sorry About That Ive Got A Really Bad Typing Habit On My iPad And I Capitalise Everyword Without Noticing,

Im Trying To Stop But Its Really Hard Its Like Forgetting A Language Youve Spoke your Entire Life Hahaha mercie_blink.gif

BrazilianGirl
  • BrazilianGirl

◕‿‿◕

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

Maybe each heist will give the players tasks. Like:

One player must get a helicopter
Other must be the distraction
Other must provide the masks
And so on

Then when we get everything ready we'll be given orders like pilot go to the point A. That kind of stuff.

Probably you'll be able to peform some small heists alone and in the way you want but banks must be complex and you'll be given instructions that you need to follow and bigger heists may need more than 1 player. And by need I mean you can't play them alone.

xSplodge-
  • xSplodge-

<InsertMemberTitleHere>

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (ynashimitsu @ Monday, Sep 2 2013, 00:37)

And so on

Then when we get everything ready we'll be given orders like pilot go to the point A. That kind of stuff.

Probably you'll be able to peform some small heists alone and in the way you want but banks must be complex and you'll be given instructions that you need to follow and bigger heists may need more than 1 player. And by need I mean you can't play them alone.

ohhhh like objective based hiests? but thats like destroyed the whole idea of being able to plane the heists yourself hahaha

Beddy_Bye
  • Beddy_Bye

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE (xSplodge- @ Monday, Sep 2 2013, 00:42)
QUOTE (ynashimitsu @ Monday, Sep 2 2013, 00:37)

And so on

ohhhh like objective based hiests? but thats like destroyed the whole idea of being able to plane the heists yourself hahaha

As I see it we'll be able to create our own heists by creating our own objectives.

Denial101
  • Denial101

Lurking is my business.....

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (xSplodge- @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 20:57)

yeah, but how would this be implemented into gta v and how is the money split is it all pre planned or is the money split at the end of a heist if so how will this be done?

We saw in the online reveal that the planning board appears in your apartment so seems that part is back in online. From the preview GTA V o'Clock got they said you go through the mission together then the heist leader (presumably the person who instigated the mission) determines how the money is divided afterwards giving them an opportunity to base it on people's performance.

xSplodge-
  • xSplodge-

<InsertMemberTitleHere>

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (Denial101 @ Monday, Sep 2 2013, 14:13)

We saw in the online reveal that the planning board appears in your apartment so seems that part is back in online. From the preview GTA V o'Clock got they said you go through the mission together then the heist leader (presumably the person who instigated the mission) determines how the money is divided afterwards giving them an opportunity to base it on people's performance.

ohhh thanks

Denial101
  • Denial101

Lurking is my business.....

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (xSplodge- @ Monday, Sep 2 2013, 15:18)
QUOTE (Denial101 @ Monday, Sep 2 2013, 14:13)

ohhh thanks

Happy to help, sir.

5StarV
  • 5StarV

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (xSplodge- @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 20:00)
QUOTE (5StarV @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 19:56)

Sorry About That Ive Got A Really Bad Typing Habit On My iPad And I Capitalise Everyword Without Noticing,

Im Trying To Stop But Its Really Hard Its Like Forgetting A Language Youve Spoke your Entire Life Hahaha mercie_blink.gif

'S OK I am a touch typist, so it seems weird to me, and I haven't really used an Ipad. I just don't understand, but I'm not starting on you....at least you can spell, which is rare around here smile.gif

DEERxBanshee
  • DEERxBanshee

Badder den dem

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

I think the heists will be structured when gta online debuts. Once rockstar makes a creator for heists then we can plan our own

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:40 PM

The way I understand it so far from the clips of cutscenes in the GTAO trailer, is that one player goes to a mission marker (rather like SP) then during the cutscene the mission giver eg. Lamar, details the heist and says how many crew members you need and what roles you need to give them. Then after you've come out of the cutscene, the heist becomes 'yours' and you are the leader of it. You then use your in-game phone to call on crew members and assign them the roles that the mission giver detailed - this may be at a second location marked on the map. From there you go and take on the heist, and escape to another location which would be the mission end marker. When you get there the mission leader dishes out the cut to each of the crew members that helped make the heist a success.

As the player goes through their online career, they will meet new NPCs that offer increasingly complex and rewarding heists. These jobs will require an increasing number of crew members to perform the various roles needed. I'm not 100% sure about this, but those roles could be levelled, meaning that you can't just arrive in Los Santos and then be the sniper for someone who is doing one of the big heists near the end of their career. Not only will you have to complete the small heists before you get to do big ones, but when you do you have to hire crew members of a sufficient level - but that's speculation.

wounded panda
  • wounded panda

..just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Monday, Sep 2 2013, 18:40)
The way I understand it so far from the clips of cutscenes in the GTAO trailer, is that one player goes to a mission marker (rather like SP) then during the cutscene the mission giver eg. Lamar, details the heist and says how many crew members you need and what roles you need to give them. Then after you've come out of the cutscene, the heist becomes 'yours' and you are the leader of it. You then use your in-game phone to call on crew members and assign them the roles that the mission giver detailed - this may be at a second location marked on the map. From there you go and take on the heist, and escape to another location which would be the mission end marker. When you get there the mission leader dishes out the cut to each of the crew members that helped make the heist a success.

As the player goes through their online career, they will meet new NPCs that offer increasingly complex and rewarding heists. These jobs will require an increasing number of crew members to perform the various roles needed. I'm not 100% sure about this, but those roles could be levelled, meaning that you can't just arrive in Los Santos and then be the sniper for someone who is doing one of the big heists near the end of their career. Not only will you have to complete the small heists before you get to do big ones, but when you do you have to hire crew members of a sufficient level - but that's speculation.

and some pretty detailed speculation too!! smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users