Photo

What's the purpose of buying cars?

22 replies to this topic
CurtisEffland
  • CurtisEffland

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

As we all know by now, GTA V will revolve all round making and spending the 'almighty dollar'. There will be missions which will require certain amount of $ and overall, money is the main 'purpose' in-game.

Keeping that in mind and knowing that in order to get our hands on a hot ride, we'll have to work hard for the cash to buy it, why not just steal it? Either when you see it in traffic, pull the guy/woman out (by punching or kicking them in the face, of course), get in and hit the gas or just smash the window if it's parked and bail! Simple, free hot ride!

Why will we want to 'work hard' and pay for something we can get for free? I'm just wondering what you guys are thinking about this. How will it work?

Omar777i
  • Omar777i

☆☆★★★

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

It's the economy stupid. tounge2.gif

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

Maybe because they won't be available on the street?

Or because it adds roleplay elements?

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

it's nice to see that money is more relevant now as compared to past gtas

beauedwards1991
  • beauedwards1991

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

Rockstar have modelled the traffic spawning on real life LA, so supercars are quite rare to see on the streets. Plus, mod shops may refuse to do work on a car that is "too hot".

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

I hope rare cars are really rare now, they said they fixed the 'same cars popping up when you're driving one yourself' feature, which really never made any sense at all tounge.gif

MrMusAddict
  • MrMusAddict

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

I have a feeling that they may make it sort of like Saints Row in this aspect.

San Andreas was dumb, because you'd spend so much on upgrades, pull out of the shop and flip your car over... totaled.

I think in GTA5, you will have a sort of "endless" supply of your purchased cars, like SR3, but you may have to pay a smaller fee to have them fixed if you totaled them.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (CurtisEffland @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 11:48)
Why will we want to 'work hard' and pay for something we can get for free? I'm just wondering what you guys are thinking about this. How will it work?

You obviously don't get it. You don't get any real benefits when you steal a car off the street. Its said that you'll have a hard time customizing your cars at Los Santos Customs because they'll have problems with letting you in. When you buy a car you'll be able to insure it, customize it without any problems, it will basically be yours completely. If you lose it, no biggy, call insurance and for a fee you'll get your car back the same way you had it before you lost it. You park it and you can leave it there for god knows how long. In addition isn't it rather obvious that certain cars will NOT spawn on the road. I mean isn't that common sense? You can't just get any car for free. I presume very expensive cars like the Bugatti lookalike, Entity XF, and more will be very rare because Rockstar has based car spawning on real life demographics. Those cars are rare on the streets in LA no matter how much wealth LA may contain.

There are benefits to owning a car that you just wouldn't get stealing one. In IV people complained about not being able to spend their million dollars. Now there is a sh*t load of sh*t to spend it on and that includes cars, some of them rare. And buying a car you can insure it and it will be yours forever I guess. smile.gif If you still don't get the purpose of buying cars then I don't know what else to say.

truthful
  • truthful

The truthful

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

are you stupid?

if you buy it, you own it forever.

Gsnipe
  • Gsnipe

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

Because you can OWN it. You wont be able to insure a stolen vehicle. and didnt one thread say you couldnt mod a stolen car? plus achievements

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

-Allows you to instantly drive around without constant police harassment
-Vehicle might not be available on the street, only available by purchasing
-When the game story is over, and you have millions of $, and you want a fancy Khamelion, I'm sure you will appreciate being able to buy it instantly, rather than running around town for (potentially) hours, just for the chance to steal one (and the chance to wreck it in the process), while running around with millions in your pocket...

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Leslie Benzies mentioned locked cars that you couldn't break into in his interview with GTA 5 o'clock. Plus if I'm gonna be running from the police, I'd rather it be because I have 25K I just stole than a joyride in a vehicle. Dumb or desperate criminals will probably still be doing it your way.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (GTA Adicted @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 08:55)
I hope rare cars are really rare now, they said they fixed the 'same cars popping up when you're driving one yourself' feature, which really never made any sense at all tounge.gif

That right there is the only reason I can think of of why we have to pay instead for some cars/vehicles.
And the rarity of course.
But most of the time I will be stealing, I actually rarely drove any of the rare cars in the past.
Only when I knew I had to go a long distance then I needed something fast.

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (beauedwards1991 @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 16:54)
Rockstar have modelled the traffic spawning on real life LA, so supercars are quite rare to see on the streets. Plus, mod shops may refuse to do work on a car that is "too hot".

^What he said^ that's what I reckon. Id say you might happen to rob a really good sports car but it would be just not worth it getting a wanted level everytime you past a cop car because its hot. Id say some of the sh*ttier cars you can change plates on and keep but that pants really....

Maybe in some of really nice cars an anti theft device will kick in where the alarm goes of constantly or even just cuts out completely smile.gif

Innovention
  • Innovention

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (EJTexasMade @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 16:59)
Leslie Benzies mentioned locked cars that you couldn't break into in his interview with GTA 5 o'clock.

That's retarded. What was Niko doing in GTA IV when he smashed the window, unlocked the door and got in? In GTA, a "locked" car isn't any harder to steal than a unlocked one.

AllenKS
  • AllenKS

SoLoville

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (fatal1ty619 @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 16:59)
-Allows you to instantly drive around without constant police harassment
-Vehicle might not be available on the street, only available by purchasing
-When the game story is over, and you have millions of $, and you want a fancy Khamelion, I'm sure you will appreciate being able to buy it instantly, rather than running around town for (potentially) hours, just for the chance to steal one (and the chance to wreck it in the process), while running around with millions in your pocket...

This, and the other main reason being that you probably can't insure a stolen car, even if you change the plates. So once you lose it or it gets blown up, it'll be gone forever like cars in past games.

Huge waste of time customizing a stolen whip.

Dan.
  • Dan.

Cop Killa

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

what if you're in a mission then you have to get on a bike and chase the other guy like in gta iv, what will happen to the car?

AllenKS
  • AllenKS

SoLoville

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (Dan. @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 17:15)
what if you're in a mission then you have to get on a bike and chase the other guy like in gta iv, what will happen to the car?

If you own it, and it's insured? Nothing, it'll be there when you get back.

If not, you call your car people and have them deliver it to you.

If it was stolen and repainted? Probably disappear like in past games.

truthful
  • truthful

The truthful

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (Innovention @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 17:13)
Leslie Benzies mentioned locked cars that you couldn't break into in his interview with GTA 5 o'clock.

That's retarded. What was Niko doing in GTA IV when he smashed the window, unlocked the door and got in? In GTA, a "locked" car isn't any harder to steal than a unlocked one.

locked cars also had ultra restitant glass that couldn't be broken by any blunt trauma to it

AllenKS
  • AllenKS

SoLoville

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:22 PM Edited by AllenKS, 01 September 2013 - 05:25 PM.

QUOTE (truthful @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 17:19)

locked cars also had ultra restitant glass that couldn't be broken by any blunt trauma to it

IIRC Leslie Benzies was only talking about GTA Online, and that you could lock your doors so that other players couldn't steal your car.

I'll try to find the quote.

Got it:

http://www.computera...-on-gta-online/

You can also insure cars now, so that - if someone steals it, or blows it up - you can get that same car back for a premium. You can also leave your cars somewhere in the world, and come back to that place and they're still there...

We don't let anyone steal your personal vehicle. If we were in a personal vehicle, and I jumped out as the owner, you could take it. But if it's locked, it's locked. You could blow it up, if you're that way (inclined), but anything that's going to annoy other players, we will punish by giving you what we call a Bad Sport stat. We store how you behave in there. If you're too bad, you will be punished.

Innovention
  • Innovention

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (AllenKS @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 17:22)

IIRC Leslie Benzies was only talking about GTA Online, and that you could lock your doors so that other players couldn't steal your car.

I'll try to find the quote.

Oh, like SA multiplayer, gotcha. Cool feature. icon14.gif

Hache0
  • Hache0

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

Amm, żLol?

Brad Maddox
  • Brad Maddox

Still B.R.A.D.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (MrMusAddict @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 16:57)
I have a feeling that they may make it sort of like Saints Row in this aspect.

San Andreas was dumb, because you'd spend so much on upgrades, pull out of the shop and flip your car over... totaled.

I think in GTA5, you will have a sort of "endless" supply of your purchased cars, like SR3, but you may have to pay a smaller fee to have them fixed if you totaled them.

I remember I was almost to Unity Station for the mission Cesar Vialpando the one where you do the lowrider contest I was around the corner I even slowed down so I wouldn't flip the car what happens I turn the corner onto the street leading to Unity Station and my car flips over MISSION FAILED Me like 10 years old at the time f*ck ARE YOU SERIOUS I GOT TO START THIS sh*t OVER then I just got pissed and killed everybody I saw until I said f*ck it and restarted the mission I was still mad even after I passed it because I flipped the car again on the way back to Grove Street that bitch looked beast Green tight rims and I again drove carefully that's was gayest sh*t ever well actually this is the gayest sh*t ever http://files.sharena...x539-181370.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users