Photo

V marks GTA's Climax

80 replies to this topic
ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:01 PM

Face it. There isn't a better setting in the WORLD for a GTA title than right here in Southern California. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

That's why the franchise can only go down from here, unless of course, they make another title based in LA on next gen consoles. But let's say they don't, then yes the franchise will go downhill and will never be able to recapture the true feel and raw essence of a region quite like they have here with V.

Every single person in the world wants to know what it feels like to live the true Hollywood Rockstar life. That is something everyone can relate to and identify with. R* really is making this the closest thing to that reality for many people.

Any other setting, there isn't that same mass appeal. From the story line, to the characters, to the lingo and accents; everything beyond V will surely come off somewhat forced and nowhere near as natural as the story that is being depicted here with V.

It's this setting that makes this game and franchise really come to life. Even San Andreas's storyline drew me in more than IV, just because SA had a much more feel good atmosphere to it. IV's was just forced and dull. It was not captivating by any means beyond the opening dialogue of Niko. What can I say the city was bland and so were its characters.

So appreciate what you all are getting now people. Remember this feeling and recognize this will likely be the last time you ever get that "Christmas Eve's" feeling from another video game again, let alone another GTA title. You all are very lucky and blessed Rockstar has chosen to give you a first hand glimpse into my part of the world, because now you can all die truly knowing your life is now complete.

Cheers and enjoy the game in a couple weeks folks. And cherish everything you will learn from this game and take that knowledge with you. It is yours to keep, for what you will get in the future can never be as masterfully recreated as V. In anybodies lifetime, period.

Amen.

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:03 PM

Agreed icon14.gif

I wouldn't want V set in any other location.

Innovention
  • Innovention

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (ArcaneKnight @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 22:01)

That's why the franchise can only go down from here, unless of course, they make another title based in LA

LAWLZ CAT MEOOOWWW.

You lost me there. Shut up, loser.

NostalgiaIsABitch
  • NostalgiaIsABitch

Snitch

• Members

Magnum Opus.

ZombCreations
  • ZombCreations

Playa

• Members

They could make it interesting in Chicago

Remizov
  • Remizov

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:09 PM

Vice City HD universe might just pull it off...

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

The pinnacle of this generation.
Next gen they'll (hopefully) go all out first time around.

realizment
  • realizment

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

It could get bigger and go international. Multiple cities. To fly between. Expanding on what they have. The new consoles will allow it.

omgz153
  • omgz153

Vincit qui se vincit

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (Remizov @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 22:09)

I agree, Miami would work just as good as LA because of the palm trees, water etc.

G D
  • G D

RED7 ineffable arts.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:12 PM Edited by gdsaqqq, 31 August 2013 - 10:22 PM.

Was it you who complained about V "being set in my hometown" "I don't want them to mislead people about actually living in L.A, it's locations" and other etc BS.

You created that topic in 2011, if i'm not mistaken.

If it's you, i'm not interested.

EDIT: It's you... hypocrite. whatsthat.gif

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

I disagree and I live in los angeles. There are plenty of places around the world and in america that gta can be set in and still be great, enthralling, and top tier. Don't let your Goo Goo eyes for tinsel town make you so biased.

HowsItGoingM8
  • HowsItGoingM8

Chairman of Juank Air

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

this thread is BS, here's the proof:

user posted image

Xayias
  • Xayias

Twitter @ItsThatJeremyC

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:15 PM Edited by Xayias, 31 August 2013 - 10:17 PM.

I love the Los Santos setting as much as you do Arcane. I have wanted to move to Los Angeles since I was a kid so I am soooo excited about this game alone! But I feel R* will learn from the mistakes in this game and make GTAVI even better! Vice City anyone? cool.gif

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (Xayias @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 22:15)
I love the Los Santos setting as much as you do Arcane. I have wanted to move to Los Angeles since I was a kid so I am soooo excited about this game alone! But I feel R* will learn from the mistakes in this game and make GTAIV even better! Vice City anyone? cool.gif

GTA VI*

NostalgiaIsABitch
  • NostalgiaIsABitch

Snitch

• Members

QUOTE (omgz153 @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 22:12)

I agree, Miami would work just as good as LA because of the palm trees, water etc.

As much as I love Vice City, the countryside just wouldn't be that exciting.

Everglades sounds good on paper, but it's just not that interesting. Can't get the mountains, valleys, deserts, snow, forests, etc.

And if you think about including surrounding islands, it seems very Just Cause 2ish.

LiGzz
  • LiGzz

#RealNiggaShyt.

• Members

You're from LA, we get it.

Vice City can work..

But you never know.. 3 years from now we could be looking at a trailer for Liberty City again colgate.gif

MrSteakson
  • MrSteakson

My penis is my best friend.

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

Climax, you say? lol.gif

user posted image

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

It is possible this is going to be the greatest GTA game ever made, but people said the same about IV and they'll say the same about VI or whatever comes next.
For me, the setting is the least interesting thing. I would much prefer an expanded Vice City, but the characters and story look very interesting, so V is exciting for me. Whether or not they'll be able to come up with another great story is just something we don't know. It is 100% possible to come up with great stories without being in L.A. smile.gif

Xayias
  • Xayias

Twitter @ItsThatJeremyC

• Members

QUOTE (Zinthaniel @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 22:16)
QUOTE (Xayias @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 22:15)
I love the Los Santos setting as much as you do Arcane. I have wanted to move to Los Angeles since I was a kid so I am soooo excited about this game alone! But I feel R* will learn from the mistakes in this game and make GTAIV even better! Vice City anyone?  cool.gif

GTA VI*

Oops. Fixed it! cookie.gif

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

QUOTE (NostalgiaIsABitch @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 22:16)

Everglades sounds good on paper, but it's just not that interesting. Can't get the mountains, valleys, deserts, snow, forests, etc.

And if you think about including surrounding islands, it seems very Just Cause 2ish.

Are you kidding me? Florida is home to the best swamps, marshes and lagoons in the country. It may not be So cal, but it has it's own charm.

Alligators would easily replace the Shark threat in waters. And plus you have more thick and murky swamps and forestes to explore.

Innovention
  • Innovention

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (Zinthaniel @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 22:18)
QUOTE (NostalgiaIsABitch @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 22:16)

Are you kidding me? Florida is home to the best swamps, marshes and lagoons in the country. It may not be So cal, but it has it's own charm.

Alligators would easily replace the Shark threat in waters. And plus you have more thick and murky swamps and forestes to explore.

I agree, but don't. They'd have to use some hard imagination to make things interesting with the flatness of the land. But thick forest could pose some fun.

ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:19 PM

You all are failing to see the big picture.

This generation really is doomed.

Lugermorph
  • Lugermorph

Start a Fight Club, Brad reputation.

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (ArcaneKnight @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 18:01)
Face it. There isn't a better setting in the WORLD for a GTA title than right here in Southern California. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

That's why the franchise can only go down from here, unless of course, they make another title based in LA on next gen consoles. But let's say they don't, then yes the franchise will go downhill and will never be able to recapture the true feel and raw essence of a region quite like they have here with V.

Every single person in the world wants to know what it feels like to live the true Hollywood Rockstar life. That is something everyone can relate to and identify with. R* really is making this the closest thing to that reality for many people.

Any other setting, there isn't that same mass appeal. From the story line, to the characters, to the lingo and accents; everything beyond V will surely come off somewhat forced and nowhere near as natural as the story that is being depicted here with V.

It's this setting that makes this game and franchise really come to life. Even San Andreas's storyline drew me in more than IV, just because SA had a much more feel good atmosphere to it. IV's was just forced and dull. It was not captivating by any means beyond the opening dialogue of Niko. What can I say the city was bland and so were its characters.

So appreciate what you all are getting now people. Remember this feeling and recognize this will likely be the last time you ever get that "Christmas Eve's" feeling from another video game again, let alone another GTA title. You all are very lucky and blessed Rockstar has chosen to give you a first hand glimpse into my part of the world, because now you can all die truly knowing your life is now complete.

Cheers and enjoy the game in a couple weeks folks. And cherish everything you will learn from this game and take that knowledge with you. It is yours to keep, for what you will get in the future can never be as masterfully recreated as V. In anybodies lifetime, period.

Amen.

We don't know if there is a better setting for GTA since R* hasn't done a new city yet. confused.gif

Also there is no where else but down for the GTA franchise, are you joking?

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

I honestly think this is the start of the beginning of their dream! We will from now on, be buying new Cities for "GTA:Online" that will come with a "free" sp story.

Xayias
  • Xayias

Twitter @ItsThatJeremyC

• Members

Just imagine how awesome GTA Online will be when GTA VI get's announced, let alone released.

handoverfist
  • handoverfist

Rat

• Members

amen f*ck you

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (ArcaneKnight @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 22:19)
You all are failing to see the big picture.

This generation really is doomed.

Why? because everyone doesn't agree with you? Get your head out your ass bro.

GTAV92
  • GTAV92

Gamemaster

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

Have you guys not been listening too Rockstar and their future plans especially for online,
They want to make a massive world creating new locations and existing Gta Locations and have them all part of the same gta world.

This will be much more capable on next generation platform's and with the usage of the cloud system smile.gif

Neo Arcadia
  • Neo Arcadia

Prankster

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

How can V be the absolute pinnacle of GTA when it lacks San Fierro and Las Venturas? Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

We know exactly how the series can expand from here. It's simply a matter of whether or not R* is willing to reuse Los Santos/Blaine County as part of the map and go full SA 2.0.

EGB727
  • EGB727

Stupid dumb idiot

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

Wow, you really are sure of this, huh? I'd agree this is looking like the best game in the series, but to say that it can't get better no matter where it's set is ridiculous. I can't think of another setting I'd rather have it be, except maybe Vice City(I'm a Floridian), but I'm sure the next game has a good chance exceed this one no matter where it's set.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users