GTA:IV What worked and what didnt
Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:58 PM
The only things I disliked were:
* too few costumes.
* No tattoos.
* No facial customization.
* No opportunity to buy property.
I wanted Nico to become a ridiculously rich crime lord.
Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:40 PM
|QUOTE (Harley325 @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 23:07)|
|only thing that didn't work for me in GTA 4 was the money system. You made millions of dollars and you couldn't spend it on anything.|
Unless you cheat, you should be spending it on weapons, food (for health), Helitours (as an extra), and taxis.
Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:50 PM
My major problems with GTA IV were :
* Many repetitive missions in the main storyline. (too much hitman-style stuff).
* Not enough significant things to spend money on, no business or property to invest money in.
* Hardly any non-player related random crime or violence happening in the streets of the rough areas. City just felt way too safe.
* Not enough interiors to explore.
* Not enough fun and interesting side missions like store hold-ups, robberies, burglaries, hijacking, gambling, etc.
If GTA V can improve greatly on all this and even add much more to it, then we are in for a much better GTA than IV by miles. But IV was still a great game and there many things I still do really like about it.
Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:00 AM
+ RAGE, I enjoyed the way that solid objects no longer pass through other solid objects
- Car Handling, I do drive in real life, my 10 year old Astra is far more responsive than any of GTA's IV's cars
- Traffic, there were times when the AI wasn't quite intelligent enough to drive around a parked car
- Economy, nothing to spend your money on
- Bowling, No Roman I don't want to go bowling
Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:40 AM
-The whole theme of the game was blah, annoying characters, forgetable protagonist.
-Dumb pedestrians, jump in front of your car, if you honk all hell breaks loose, if you hit another car everyone goes running, if your car backfires everyone starts running again, if you drive on the sidewalk, everyone stays put, jumps infront of your car, or tries to outrun you, if you punch a dumb bitch every guy starts to pick a fight with you, when your firing a gun everyone locks up their brakes, haults the car and run away, instead of driving away like idiots.
-Oh, I'm being shot at and am lying on the ground? Here, let me get back up as slowly as I possibly can.
-Oh, you stopped your car 5 feet from hitting me? Here, let me fall down so I can see what the underside of your car looks like.
-Oh, I'm driving an ambulance? That means I need to kill people and drive like a moron, right?
-Oh, I'm being carjacked? In Russia, car driver hijack you!
-Oh, There's something in the back of my pickup truck? HARDCORE HYDRAULICS ACTIVATED.
Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:28 AM
Almost life like city.
Interesting side missions.
Lack of rewards.
Car customisation being teased with Brucie.
Not enough random crime.
I absolutely adore GTA IV. Not like any of you guys can't tell.
Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:39 AM
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users