anybody here sing?

9 replies to this topic
BlackRuiner
  • BlackRuiner

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

ive decided i want to start singing now, its been in my mind for 3 years but im finally acting on my desire. well anyways im having trouble shaking my voice during a note, i can do it right probably 1/8 of the time. any tips?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

I sing very poorly. I don't let it effect me, though. Nothing beats walking past your ex while you're singing "Horse With No Name" very loudly. The looks are priceless

OverTheBelow
  • OverTheBelow

OTB "Oaty-Bee"

• Zaibatsu

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (BienQueLEnfer @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 21:13)
ive decided i want to start singing now, its been in my mind for 3 years but im finally acting on my desire. well anyways im having trouble shaking my voice during a note, i can do it right probably 1/8 of the time. any tips?

I don't sing, but I thought it'd be pretty obvious that with more practice you'll acquire more control over your voice. You say you've only just started acting on your thought. Just give it more time and practice and you should be able to keep the 'shaking' consistent in your voice when necessary.

Tyler
  • Tyler

keep your chin up out there

• None
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:42 PM

Forced vibrato will sound lame as hell, so what you need to do is practice achieving a natural vibrato. Pulsating pitch isn't too hard, and as you hold a note you'll notice it creeps in as your diaphragm or larynx begin to vibrate at specific frequencies. Just keep going up and down your range until you find where your vibrato is. Once you can do that, begin paying attention to how you're positioned and how your breath control is. The key to all this is that you continue practicing no matter what, because it won't always come easily.

Anyway dude, just make sure you're not trying to achieve some unnatural voice that isn't yours. Sing and learn to love your own style. If you're comfortable with how your singing sounds naturally, that is, you're not trying to color up your singing voice because you're afraid it sounds bad, then you're going to have a much, much easier time doing things like vibrato.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

American MuSScle Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

i sing but rarely in public. i got a really deep voice, comparable to a cross between nate dogg and z-ro, and because of this deep voice, i am limited in note range. but idgaf, i love my singing, and thats the only fan i need.

Exxon
  • Exxon

The Obvious Child

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

i sing but rarely in public. i got a really deep voice, comparable to a cross between nate dogg and z-ro, and because of this deep voice, i am limited in note range. but idgaf, i love my singing, and thats the only fan i need.

You should look up Josh Turner on YouTube, he's a country singer with a bass-voice. I only need 1 or 2 more notes to have a voice as low as his.

Once you hear him, you'll feel a bit better about having a low voice ;)

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

Don't Mind Me...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:39 PM

I've gotten really good. I was going to start recording some crap when I went to college (because my mother refuses to let me play guitar in the house.)

I've nailed tracks like "I Will Always Love You" and "It's Raining Men." Contrary to what that may make you believe, I was going to play metal.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

I sing and play guitar (rythym) in our band.

I don't really have any tips for being a good singer. it came naturally to me.

just sing all the time; in the shower, at work, in the car, etc.

if you've got any natural talent it will start to come through pretty fast.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

I'm a professional shower singer.

Laura91
  • Laura91

Portia's #1 Fan

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

I sing and also do Death Metal style vocals. I mostly sing older stuff like Ella Fitzgerald, Elton John, etc. The only more current stuff I sing is stuff like Conor & Jay, Faith No More, Mr Bungle and some King Missile where there is actual singing. I also like to do some My Dying Bride since that bounces back and forth between singing and growling vocals. 

My Death Metal influences are all of the older stuff like early Napalm Death, Carcass, Terrorizer, General Surgery and Exit 13.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users