Photo

dsound.dll causing lod issues

1 reply to this topic
Darksider13
  • Darksider13

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:47 PM

After 3 days of hard debugging and searching for the cause to my problems, I've found that dsound.dll is the culprit to ALL of my in-game issues.

Now! The trick is to get it to work well in tandem with my game. So far I've tried running the game as admin, I tried using different dsound.dll files and that's pretty much it. I literally just figured this out now after about 60 hours of trying to fix GTA 4 and EFLC.

Btw, I'm testing with EFLC. GTA 4 has gone busto to me because I was getting too frustrated and EFLC was working much better than GTA 4 was so EFLC is now my test game. Everything is EFLC works fine and dandy without dsound.dll but when I put it in the root directory, object loading and texture popping issues happen everywhere. BUT all of my scripts work properly. So all I need to do now is to figure out how to make dsound not cause the LOD issue.

Any help?

Viper-Mitch
  • Viper-Mitch

Vice lover

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

I seem to have the same problem. Modded my GTA IV the last days with cars and now I'm loosing textures and buildings like in GTA SA, but there was a stream fix. I don't think there's one for IV?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users