Photo

Dam Discussion

51 replies to this topic
Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:15 PM

You sure it's not a reservoir and NOT a dam.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:15 PM

I really want to post the dam tour scene from Vegas Vacation, but dam Youtube is screwing up.

Dam. sad.gif
  • TakinThyBacon likes this

lightningun
  • lightningun

...Rage...

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:21 PM Edited by lightningun, 31 August 2013 - 12:24 PM.

user posted image
user posted image
suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif

MrGuitarrica
  • MrGuitarrica

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (japse123 @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 09:49)
Lol, I thought this was obvious to everyone.

Me too.

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (ArcaneKnight @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 09:59)
It's proof Las Venturas is in the game.

Everyone knows there is a dam located to the north of Las Vegas, called the Hoover Dam, and it looks nearly identical to that first pic you posted.

And yes, you could see Los Santos from Las Venturas in San Andreas, it's a video game it has to be scaled down. So I think that pic there is a shot from behind the Hoover dam, with Los Santos in the background.

EDIT : I meant the 2nd pic, not the first pic. This one http://i.imgur.com/belr8JF.jpg

Yes that is the Hoover dam I had to drive over that same dam when I drove to Texas.

And your comment is a proof of your failure.

flyingmonkey97
  • flyingmonkey97

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

I pretty sure we knew this on like page 400 on the mapping thread suicidal.gif

igamedude
  • igamedude

World's Worst Gamer

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

I hope to science there's a mission for us to blow out one of the dams within the game.

itsdajmann08
  • itsdajmann08

GTAV

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (gwaha @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 10:54)
Rockstar doesn't stand to lose anything by not adding Las Venturas. And no it is not franchise suicide either. This franchise isn't about any particular city, it is about it being set in any city they can come up with, big difference.

The current gen is capable of much more that is true but this has got nothing to do with adding another city. The map is already bigger than the map of GTA SA. The city of Los Santos is already likely the size of all three cities from GTA SA combined. Also, Rockstar stated they wanted to do one city right instead of three cities somewhat adequately.

And you may be a SoCal native but you completely glance over the blueprint map. We know exactly where the Land Act Dam is located and there is NO city behind it.

And no, Las Venturas won't be DLC either. It is far too expensive and time consuming to create a city with mission for DLC. Rockstar told us they won't create big DLC again because it simply didn't earn them enough. The amount of resources needed to create a DLC city is simply too big.

No, rockstar said they are making DLCs. But just for Online.

EDIT: just read "Big"

Negan
  • Negan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (igamedude @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 12:43)
I hope to science there's a mission for us to blow out one of the dams within the game.

I think actually that is quite possible, since the dam doesnt exist in real LA, so they made it here for purpose.

And the other thing next to the Vinewood sign is Vinewood lake ( Hollywood lake in real LA ), its not the dam.

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

THIS came in my mind lol.gif
  • Buford T Justice likes this

SPEEDDRV
  • SPEEDDRV

Boss!

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (flyingmonkey97 @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 12:39)
I pretty sure we knew this on like page 400 on the mapping thread suicidal.gif

And? Shoot yourself... make me a favor

JunglistEmpire
  • JunglistEmpire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

Is the Dam/reservoir (whatever) part of any mission? anyone searched the water for anything interesting?

i want to take the sub up there but need to get a heavy lift chopper to take it there, done a run into the army base last night but couldnt find one :(

Awstriker
  • Awstriker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:38 AM

http://i.imgur.com/wlm6oY9.jpg - This one is in Vinewood hills

http://i.imgur.com/belr8JF.jpg - THis is in Tataviam Mountains (Replication of Morris reservoir NE of Los Angeles)

United_Stealth
  • United_Stealth

Scooter brother

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:38 AM

It's proof Las Venturas is in the game.

Everyone knows there is a dam located to the north of Las Vegas, called the Hoover Dam, and it looks nearly identical to that first pic you posted.

And yes, you could see Los Santos from Las Venturas in San Andreas, it's a video game it has to be scaled down. So I think that pic there is a shot from behind the Hoover dam, with Los Santos in the background.

EDIT : I meant the 2nd pic, not the first pic. This one http://i.imgur.com/belr8JF.jpg

Yes that is the Hoover dam I had to drive over that same dam when I drove to Texas.

I know this post is old and you've found out by now you were wrong, but.... Really??? -.-

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

I didn't even know there was a dam in this game - referring to the Tataviam mountains one.

Ahh, finding new things every day.

Aerosmithfan999
  • Aerosmithfan999

Bazinga!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

Im not sure what to say about this so..ron-simmons-damn-o.gif

Damn! You beat me to it. :)

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

Is the Dam/reservoir (whatever) part of any mission? anyone searched the water for anything interesting?

i want to take the sub up there but need to get a heavy lift chopper to take it there, done a run into the army base last night but couldnt find one :(

Buy the pier in New Chumash, buy a helipad, and buy a Cargobob. Lift the sub and drop it in the reservoir. Do the same when exploring Vinewood's reservoir.

JunglistEmpire
  • JunglistEmpire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

Buy the pier in New Chumash, buy a helipad, and buy a Cargobob. Lift the sub and drop it in the reservoir. Do the same when exploring Vinewood's reservoir.

Cheers mate thanks for the tips

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

Okay DO NOT try this. :blush: I tried this yesterday and somehow the Cargobob is too weak to pick up the Submarine. It picks it up, then the sub sways, it moves the helicopter around terribly. It'll either explode and send your chopper down, you'll go down with it, or you'll just have to detach it from the helicopter. This is utterly stupid. In the mission it worked fine, in free roam it doesn't. Is it me or are the physics in V the most flawed yet?

UniversalPsycho
  • UniversalPsycho

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

Both the dams are in the game. Open you eyes. Ones above franklins vinewood house on the map and the other is right near radio mirror park.

JunglistEmpire
  • JunglistEmpire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:55 PM

Okay DO NOT try this. :blush: I tried this yesterday and somehow the Cargobob is too weak to pick up the Submarine. It picks it up, then the sub sways, it moves the helicopter around terribly. It'll either explode and send your chopper down, you'll go down with it, or you'll just have to detach it from the helicopter. This is utterly stupid. In the mission it worked fine, in free roam it doesn't. Is it me or are the physics in V the most flawed yet?

hahaha no worries! still at work so havent tryed it yet, read somewhere its a good idea to go to the Sonar dock, get in the sub and drive it away from the pier before trying to haul it up in the chopper..... i'll let you know how I get on!

Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

This dam thread wouldn't even be interesting without the .gif's. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users