Dam Discussion

51 replies to this topic
SPEEDDRV
  • SPEEDDRV

Boss!

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

Hello everyone,

I used search engine but i didn't find anything related.
I would like to share with you something i noticed when i paused the official trailer where we can see the dam.
http://i.imgur.com/wlm6oY9.jpg
Then, i searched about the other pic of a dam that we had.
http://i.imgur.com/belr8JF.jpg

This is so different!! Multiple dam confirmed?
Or maybe just an update... As we know, it might have some different stages of development...

Here is a pic of LA... Pretty amazing what R* did, all from scratch. biggrin.gif
http://farm8.staticf...0f8b69304_k.jpg

Tell me your opinion about the dam's questions!
  • rohra likes this

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

Dam good find

Sakurai Aoi
  • Sakurai Aoi

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

they look indeed different. nice find icon14.gif

japse123
  • japse123

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

Lol, I thought this was obvious to everyone.

Ekoms
  • Ekoms

LSLK

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:51 AM

Yeah!! good find! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

S-T-F-U
  • S-T-F-U

Rockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE (gtavpoliceimprovements @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 09:48)
Dam good find

I seen what you did there. tounge.gif

jnasty9119
  • jnasty9119

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

Yea multiple rivers so its necessary to have multiple damns, unless of course you want the citizens of los santos to die a horrible drowning death

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

Can you repaste picture with some markings. I am finding it little hard to spot.

Anyways to me it's not dam (?) but..a bridge?

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:55 AM

Im not sure what to say about this so..

user posted image

AllyouneedisV
  • AllyouneedisV

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (S-T-F-U @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 09:51)
Dam good find

I sea what you did there xD

ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:59 AM Edited by ArcaneKnight, 31 August 2013 - 10:04 AM.

It's proof Las Venturas is in the game.

Everyone knows there is a dam located to the north of Las Vegas, called the Hoover Dam, and it looks nearly identical to that first pic you posted.

And yes, you could see Los Santos from Las Venturas in San Andreas, it's a video game it has to be scaled down. So I think that pic there is a shot from behind the Hoover dam, with Los Santos in the background.

EDIT : I meant the 2nd pic, not the first pic. This one http://i.imgur.com/belr8JF.jpg

Yes that is the Hoover dam I had to drive over that same dam when I drove to Texas.

The Leprechaun
  • The Leprechaun

I honestly don't like Lucky Charms.

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:01 AM

The "old" dam is the Land Act Dam (modeled off Pacoima or San Gabriel Dam) and the "new" dam is a replication of the Hollywood Dam. They are different dams. LA actually has a lot of dams and reservoirs. The Land Act Dam is located on the east side of the city and the Hollywood Dam is north, by the Griffith's Observatory building.

Shootaholic
  • Shootaholic

zzzz....

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:02 AM

Both dams are in los santos . If you look at the angle of the dam in the plane screenshot then u can see the skyline towards the left which means that dam is towards the right of the smaller dam.

Ambient_
  • Ambient_

Loving GTA:O

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (ArcaneKnight @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 09:59)

Everyone knows there is a dam located to the north of Las Vegas, called the Hoover Dam, and it looks nearly identical to that first pic you posted.

And yes, you could see Los Santos from Las Venturas in San Andreas, it's a video game it has to be scaled down. So I think that pic there is a shot from behind the Hoover dam, with Los Santos in the background.

No it isn't.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

You're pretty good! (b='_' )b=

• Members
  • Russia
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE (ArcaneKnight @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 09:59)

EDIT : I meant the 2nd pic, not the first pic. This one http://i.imgur.com/belr8JF.jpg

Yes that is the Hoover dam I had to drive over that same dam when I drove to Texas.

No, Las Venturas is not confirmed to be in the game. There is no proof that LV is in the game.

ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

You're from the UK bro.. How would you know? I think you're just hoping it's not.

This is coming from a Southern California native, and someone who has PHYSICALLY crossed the Hoover dam himself.

If anything I expect Rockstar to pull some COD or Ubisoft BS and make Las Venturas available DLC. They know everyone would buy the DLC if that were the case.

Rockstar stands to lose far too much money if they don't throw Las Ventuas in the game. How are they going to have Las Venturas in older gen consoles and not the current gen? When current gens are capable of SO much more?

Exactly, it doesn't make any sense for them not to put it back in. It'd almost be franchise suicide for them if they didn't.

M4RK
  • M4RK

Thug

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

Dam good find

I see what you did there lol

I wish we could release the water from it and let Los Santos get flooded. Jet Skiing through the flooded streets would be awesome haha

ra5putin
  • ra5putin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

I want realistic dams in the game.

jonnie123
  • jonnie123

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:47 AM

The new dam seen in the trailer can also be seen in the printed screenshot that was revealed in some game boxes.

BundyNL
  • BundyNL

sEbh

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:52 AM

Dat dam

user posted image

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

Rockstar doesn't stand to lose anything by not adding Las Venturas. And no it is not franchise suicide either. This franchise isn't about any particular city, it is about it being set in any city they can come up with, big difference.

The current gen is capable of much more that is true but this has got nothing to do with adding another city. The map is already bigger than the map of GTA SA. The city of Los Santos is already likely the size of all three cities from GTA SA combined. Also, Rockstar stated they wanted to do one city right instead of three cities somewhat adequately.

And you may be a SoCal native but you completely glance over the blueprint map. We know exactly where the Land Act Dam is located and there is NO city behind it.

And no, Las Venturas won't be DLC either. It is far too expensive and time consuming to create a city with mission for DLC. Rockstar told us they won't create big DLC again because it simply didn't earn them enough. The amount of resources needed to create a DLC city is simply too big.

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

good find

user posted image

Skeloton
  • Skeloton

Living Dead Gangster

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

Damit....

GTAaddict2012
  • GTAaddict2012

Trevor Phillips Enterprises

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:57 AM

user posted image

Markhayzy
  • Markhayzy

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE (ArcaneKnight @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 10:27)
You're from the UK bro.. How would you know? I think you're just hoping it's not.

This is coming from a Southern California native, and someone who has PHYSICALLY crossed the Hoover dam himself.

If anything I expect Rockstar to pull some COD or Ubisoft BS and make Las Venturas available DLC. They know everyone would buy the DLC if that were the case.

Rockstar stands to lose far too much money if they don't throw Las Ventuas in the game. How are they going to have Las Venturas in older gen consoles and not the current gen? When current gens are capable of SO much more?

Exactly, it doesn't make any sense for them not to put it back in. It'd almost be franchise suicide for them if they didn't.

Who is this guy?

Tony Trollucci
  • Tony Trollucci

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE (ArcaneKnight @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 02:27)

wow, people still think LV is in the game? get over it. have you crossed the pacoima dam? or the san gabriel dam? There really is no LV. It would be silly to have the hoover dam overlooking downtown LS.

Franchise suicide? cmon get real.

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Hustler

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:03 PM

There was nothing to do in LV anyway apart from gamble and blast round the freeways at full speed, I hardly set foot in it after doing the missions

Negan
  • Negan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

The dam is created by rockstar from scratch and the other thing is Hollywood lake which exists in real LA.

TexasDeViL
  • TexasDeViL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:13 PM

The Hoover Dam what an idiot LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL suicidal.gif
  • Buford T Justice likes this

Highgrade89NewAccount
  • Highgrade89NewAccount

Bird Is The Word

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (ArcaneKnight @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 10:27)

Just because you PHYSICALLY crossed a dam doesn't mean LV is in GTA V.

That has got to be the stupidest theory ever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users