Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone played THE GETAWAY (PS2) game series?

10 replies to this topic
da_KING
  • da_KING

Anger Of Beast

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

Well, did you liked those series of games which tried to be realistic as possible back in 2002/2004?

Well, as I remember, missions were pain in the ass (played the first game of series, completed it all), and it was a little bit frustrating, because there were no HUD, radar, map, etc.. By the way, London was awesome biggrin.gif

Let's hear your thoughts, shall we? biggrin.gif

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Swiiiing

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

I Used to play that all the time! used to just cruise around never finished it though

In Bed With Jed
  • In Bed With Jed

=A=

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:38 PM

I played the first and never got round to playing the second. The first was pretty awesome. icon14.gif

da_KING
  • da_KING

Anger Of Beast

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:50 AM

Anyone remember that mission before Aboard the Sol Vita, where you must pass those lasers and kill people to reach top floor? That was hard as hell, I would die like million times, and if I didn't die, then Yasmin would... confused.gif

In Bed With Jed
  • In Bed With Jed

=A=

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (Maurice Del Taco @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 06:50)
Anyone remember that mission before Aboard the Sol Vita, where you must pass those lasers and kill people to reach top floor? That was hard as hell, I would die like million times, and if I didn't die, then Yasmin would... confused.gif

Oh boy, that was hard as hell. The roll on the game wasn't that crisp and smooth so you would always f*ck up the lasers that you had to go under. I liked the mission after you get that guy out of a security truck and have to stealth kill up to the top of the warehouse.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

The getaway black monday was awesome. Playing different characters to get different view points of the plot line was a stroke of genius. I really hoped rockstar went down the same route and it appears they have.

Coat.
  • Coat.

homage

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

Good game yet I couldn't complete the first mission.

da_KING
  • da_KING

Anger Of Beast

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (Jedi. @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 12:15)
QUOTE (Maurice Del Taco @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 06:50)

Oh boy, that was hard as hell. The roll on the game wasn't that crisp and smooth so you would always f*ck up the lasers that you had to go under. I liked the mission after you get that guy out of a security truck and have to stealth kill up to the top of the warehouse.

Oh man, that was awesome mission. It took me like half an hour to realize what to do. I still remember how it came out:

Walking slowly, knock out some guys to get to top floor, knock out some guys there too, and then get in that room with plans I think (can't remember anymore). Awesome mission, hope to see some of that stuff in GTA 5 too. smile.gif

Also that mission in Police HQ (Flying Squad, I think), where you get electrician van and you have to ram other electrician van and get in Police HQ and introduce yourself as electrician, then get to top floor steal a gun from run and sneak to room where you have to kill that corrupted cop, and then runaway with Yasmin while S.W.A.T. is chasing you! Epic mission, we need some of that stuff in GTA 5 biggrin.gif

PLaYbAck_Nine
  • PLaYbAck_Nine

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

Loved that game. The realism was the sh*t.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

Yes I liked it but traffic could be too heavy and I got stuck on one of the earliest cop missions.
I never finished it.

Raindancer
  • Raindancer

Beer monster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

I LOVE this series! Even last week it taught me something in real life! I was driving home near Victoria and needed to get to Earls Court, I then remembered that I can turn left at Hyde park corner (from Grosvenor Place) exactly how I did in the game!

I loved the fact that the street layout and map of London was fairly accurate used to go on a tour and see the virtual places of pubs I used to hang out. Back in the day the graphics were pretty good (however the controls on foot and driving sucked) I loved also that there was no HUD or minimap, forced me to learn the route the streets.

The Voice acting and story was amazing. Will always love this series.
  • IHATESPAMMERS likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users