Next Car Game

78 replies to this topic
El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:45 AM

Don't you find the update rather lacking? Modding communities can do more than add one car, a couple of retextures and one track to the game in a week.

Apart from that they've been slightly tweaking with already determined values, which shouldn't take much longer than a day.

I want to see a proper content update soon, where like, part of the actual game is unlocked. I guess this is pre-alpha, but if it REALLY is, why the hell focus on releasing an extra car or track -,-

I agree. This is a AAA studio and there is only three cars and tracks currently. I think the public alpha was released way too early, there isn't enough content to keep me playing for long.

are you guys smoking crack?

you're complaining about a pre-alpha release client.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:17 AM

Am I the only one who thinks they have taken away some of the fun of driving with some of the tweaks they have done. Something seems different compared to the first release?

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:47 AM Edited by Fireman, 17 February 2014 - 10:48 AM.

Don't you find the update rather lacking? Modding communities can do more than add one car, a couple of retextures and one track to the game in a week.

Apart from that they've been slightly tweaking with already determined values, which shouldn't take much longer than a day.

I want to see a proper content update soon, where like, part of the actual game is unlocked. I guess this is pre-alpha, but if it REALLY is, why the hell focus on releasing an extra car or track -,-

I agree. This is a AAA studio and there is only three cars and tracks currently. I think the public alpha was released way too early, there isn't enough content to keep me playing for long.

are you guys smoking crack?

you're complaining about a pre-alpha release client.

And for this pre-alpha release, one of the first things on the agenda was to add a vehicle and add some retextures of cars.

Nothing to worry about, durp.

"How should we spend our time? Do we want to release the full game one day"

"Nah, just throw in a car every month, we'll finish the game in a few years."

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

I have been thinking about buying this as of late, it looks to be an Incredible piece of game, I can't wait till it's finished.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Vette pass by, errbody looking

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:55 PM Edited by friendly luggage, 17 February 2014 - 12:55 PM.

Am I the only one who thinks they have taken away some of the fun of driving with some of the tweaks they have done. Something seems different compared to the first release?

They've increased the steering rack as some players had issues with fish tailing because of the steering being too quick. Bugbear said that later on they might make it customisable so everyone is happy. I still like the driving but I noticed how I understeer a lot more now. For some reason I can't even drive the Euro car, it seems uncontrollable even with stock configuration.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:04 PM

You first say you love the car they added but then say they didn't do enough and that there isn't enough content to make you happy? I don't understand. And most people seem to forget they are a standalone game developer that has to do without the massive support from a big publisher who can pump in money to the project. They have to make sure their product is good so that someone will buy it so that they can get the money to keep going, making things better and adding things they hadn't planned to from the start. At least you have the pre-alpha, which has helped them financially and with enormous amounts of feedback from the players. The say the had the financial resources to finish the game without it, but who knows what the complete game would have looked and felt like if they had.

And for this pre-alpha release, one of the first things on the agenda was to add a vehicle and add some retextures of cars.

Nothing to worry about, durp.

"How should we spend our time? Do we want to release the full game one day"

"Nah, just throw in a car every month, we'll finish the game in a few years."

Did you even read the changelog? It contains a crapload more than "added one car and track". And also, that american sedan has been seen in their videos since they released the first trailer for the game last year. They had it and finished it off so they could share it with us, it's not like they concentrated all of their focus on to creating this one car for the update. If they hadn't released it, people (you and me included) would have complained that no usable content got added. No one knows how many other cars/tracks they have or are working on behind the scenes that we haven't seen yet.

And sure modders can add cars to a finished game. Can they create the rest of the whole game whilst at it? You can convert from existing games, which may mean spending time with anything from converting and splitting up vehicle models and interiors, converting textures, probably adding some kind of damage model for a game like this, to wheels, rims, shadows, etc. I won't even go into creating mods yourself which means making all of the above from scratch. You sure as hell won't be bringing out one mod per week, especially if you want them to look anywhere near as good as this game does, which you can't deny.

GtaV Is Coming To Pc
  • GtaV Is Coming To Pc

Hang In There Fellow PC Players

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:46 AM Edited by GtaV Is Coming To Pc, 03 October 2014 - 01:50 AM.

Kind of a bump, but they just released a new update that added Steam multiplier, so online races are pretty fun. A brand new car, along with a new track that can be split into two different versions has also been added. Also, the AI seems to be as chaotic as it was two builds ago.

BydR46wCUAEG-FY.jpg

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:37 PM

http://nextcargame.c...yer-introduced/

It's overall a pretty nice update, but...the official name is pretty awful.

They couldn't have come up with a name blander than 'Wreckfest'. 'Next Car Game' was actually a unique name, but furthermore NCG just gets results for the game, everyone known it as NCG, you can shorten it to three letters when talking about it, hell even the website is nextcargame.com. Well, this is going to be interesting.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:34 PM

Whats included in the Deluxe version of this game?

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:39 PM

next car game sounds unique but doesnt decribe the game at all nor is it creative.

Wreckfest fits perfectly imo.

Did they now mention something about the physics envoirenment to get a multiplayer or make them actually mini games like in the FlatOut series?

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:09 PM

http://nextcargame.c...yer-introduced/

It's overall a pretty nice update, but...the official name is pretty awful.

They couldn't have come up with a name blander than 'Wreckfest'. 'Next Car Game' was actually a unique name, but furthermore NCG just gets results for the game, everyone known it as NCG, you can shorten it to three letters when talking about it, hell even the website is nextcargame.com. Well, this is going to be interesting.

yeah the name WRECKFEST sounds like it was chosen by a 13-year old boy.

other than that who cares.

I've played the Next Car Game beta and it was already one of the most fun driving games I had touched in years.

this has been on my list for awhile and they could call it anything they want; I'll be buying.

• RedDagger, FRAIZER and android like this

FRAIZER
  • FRAIZER

Made in the '80s

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:55 PM Edited by FRAIZER, 08 October 2014 - 12:00 AM.

^Agreed. I wish we could get an update on when it will be releasing (full release). I can't wait to play the full game in this market full of Forzas, the crew, driveclub, etc... Race upgrade racers. Don't get me wrong, those are some good driving games but I want a good arcade crash em up.
  • El_Diablo and RedDagger like this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:47 PM

but I want a good arcade crash em up.

Damn, this made me realise I haven't seen a new one of those in ages. Sure, dirt showdown tried to fill the gap, however that was a case of 'what are you doing stop just stop oh god' - it wasn't the same. Apart from that, I might've missed some game in a similar vein, but you get the idea. 

What I especially like about this game is that it's not just smashing other cars, the environment destruction is also amazing. Well, the fact they have it in the first place makes this game much better than others already...

• FRAIZER likes this

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Vette pass by, errbody looking

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:51 PM

I'm not keen on the name Wreckfest but whatever, the latest build is pretty decent. We should do some races online soon.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:39 PM

Bought this last night and i love it, proper rustic, rugged racer. I wish it had vans/motorbikes/hatch backs etc as well, create even more mayhem, a mix of NCG and Motorstorm would be right up my street. 

Unfortunately my computer can't run it on the highest settings unless i want to experience the lowest count of frames per second imaginable, but it still looks decent on the low settings, a few minor wants of mine would be an animated driver, seeing arms and hands in cockpit view and having more realistic/animated audiences, instead of the 2D cardboard cut outs we have now, i hope their just place holders though.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:42 PM

The name 'pre-alpha' hints everything might be changed. Including optimisations (they probably do none now) and all the aspects.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

The new update for this game completely fixed the snakey handling of the vehicles for me, the cars no longer spin out all the time, love it!

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Multiplayer was also added, as expected extremely laggy, so can't really try it yet, but I can imagine this being a lot of fun especially during races, with one guy always going in the opposite directgion.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

I actually tried the unfinished sandpit racing track last night and i swear down it was almost like 2 different tracks in one, with some racers going one way and others going the other, resulting in head on collisions on some of the straights and meet ups on some turns, it was confusing at first, but it was damn good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users