• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:38 AM

Finally a racing game that looks fun.

s-paco
  • s-paco

Still here.

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:59 PM

Flatout 3 was absolutely horrendous, but this looks spectacular. Can't wait to hear more.. 

The GTA Guy
  • The GTA Guy

The Frisker

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:59 AM Edited by The GTA Guy, 14 November 2013 - 05:00 AM.

http://www.kickstart...t-with-attitude

Please support! Kickstarter campaign for NCG!

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:30 AM Edited by Freakorama, 14 November 2013 - 05:31 AM.

That $5,000 perk to design your own track is very tempting because I can afford that. Easily.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:06 AM

I pre-ordered the game, not also going to Kickstart it then.

The GTA Guy
  • The GTA Guy

The Frisker

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:57 PM Edited by The GTA Guy, 14 November 2013 - 06:59 PM.

First gameplay video!

Also new screenies on the forums and homepage and Kickstarter page.

This is the moment you've all been waiting for: we're finally ready to show you some proper racing action on a dirt track! Here we are testing with a powerful rear-wheel drive car how our handling works on gravel, and we're glad to let you know that it feels SUPERB!

Thanks to our great physics, you really get the full white-knuckle racing experience with Next Car Game, if that's what you prefer. On the other hand, if you're a budding race car driver, you can still enjoy the game (and remain competitive!) by enabling a selection of driving aids.

Please note that the game is still very much work-in-progress, and what you see is not representative of the final quality. For example the track has not been properly decorated yet, and there's a lot of additional polish that's going to be done on it. Also, the player car damage has been disabled for the demonstration purposes.

Check out the video and let us know what you think!

As you know, we still have a plenty of distance to cover if we're going to succeed with our Kickstarter campaign, but you can help us meet our goal. Now it's time for the racing game fans to unite and show us that you want a game like Next Car Game! Our team is having great fun playing the game, and we feel that no other game can match the amazing racing experience offered by Next Car Game. We can't wait to share it with you!

PLEASE SUPPORT US AND SPREAD THE WORD!

scc208
  • scc208

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

This looks really promising, can't wait to see more news about demo derby!!!

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:01 PM Edited by Fireman, 24 November 2013 - 03:02 PM.

The tech demo is out  and it's just f*cking hilarious.

It's just a blank map with a lot of obstacles and mechanics that coudl mess up your car real good and up to 30 AI opponents.

And it's already so much fun to race around in, glad I pre-ordered it. The cars still feel a bit too squishy (well maybe not squishy but it falls apart quite easily), but it's four times as good as BeamNG.

The controls feel pretty solid as well.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:29 PM Edited by illegal_luggage, 24 November 2013 - 03:35 PM.

It's just a blank map with a lot of obstacles and mechanics that coudl mess up your car real good and up to 30 AI opponents.

And it's already so much fun to race around in, glad I pre-ordered it. The cars still feel a bit too squishy (well maybe not squishy but it falls apart quite easily), but it's four times as good as BeamNG.

I like BeamNG but it's a techdemo so far.

The sneak peek is pretty good. Having no ground texture makes me feel a bit wierd though because you can't feel a sense of speed. I know what you mean by saying how the cars crumple but Bugbear said that this can be toned down/up so no need to worry. I'd really like to play on a track of sorts now.

Shame about their kickstarter. Perhaps when people get their money back, they'll pre-order through the website instead.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

is there a video?

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:52 PM

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

The tech demo is amazing, i love it. You can play this only for hours. Very impressive. FPS is good and the crash physics absolutelly amazing. I think tough that when you crash even on relatively low speed the deformation is a bit too high. Cars should be a bit stronger. But overall....the most fun you can ever get from a racing game.

Alt
  • Alt

some one

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:14 PM

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

I still think BeamBG.drive has better car destruction - the general frame of the car can bend, parts bend on their own without seeming to be part of a single car model - NCG just seems way, way too stiff (like .drive seems too wobbly, but I prefer that); in .drive, you can wrap your car around a tree - in NCG, you'd just create a massive dent in the roof.

However.

The debris from the car is amazing, the car physics in terms of driving look nicer, but most of all, the environmental destruction having the same general destruction of the car's outer layer - smashed up into lots of debris - is really damn good. And remember .drive doesn't have any environmental destruction, annoyingly.

So I stick with what I originally said - although .drive has better car destruction, NCG is doing better for a lot of other things. I like them both, can't wait to see how they turn out!

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:06 PM

why would you want a Flatout-like Game with destruction like BeamNG???

your car would be wreked after every crash... just annoying...

If the devs wanted to, they could do the same level of destruction for the game

Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:22 PM

Not bad, is this for PS3 aswell?

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:36 PM

As far as I know (and I may be completely wrong), the game is being made for PC first and console versions are possible depending on how much money they can raise.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:07 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 27 January 2014 - 10:08 PM.

Should come to PS4 instead since it's actually more powerful and it would be a simple port from PC to PS4 and more than capable of handling a game like this. PS3 would be a waste.

VercettiCrimeFamily
  • VercettiCrimeFamily

“Proud Founder of The 'Vercetti' Crime Family''

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

Oh goody looks great, hope there is a good story/narrative :)

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:16 PM

why would there need to be a narrative or storyline?

Destruction Derby for the original Playstation was one of the most fun driving games ever made, but then no one else made anything like it for over a decade.

Next Car Game looks fantastic because it looks like what Destruction Derby sequels should have been (instead of the crappy arcade racers that we got).

this is finally going back to the roots of what made the first one so great. for instance, this looks way better than any of the recent Burnout or Flatout games which have just disappointed me time and time again.

VercettiCrimeFamily
  • VercettiCrimeFamily

“Proud Founder of The 'Vercetti' Crime Family''

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:54 PM

Destruction Derby for the original Playstation was one of the most fun driving games ever made, but then no one else made anything like it for over a decade.

Next Car Game looks fantastic because it looks like what Destruction Derby sequels should have been (instead of the crappy arcade racers that we got).

this is finally going back to the roots of what made the first one so great. for instance, this looks way better than any of the recent Burnout or Flatout games which have just disappointed me time and time again.

Good point however I think it would be nice for a racing game to have a bit of a narrative, then again im a storyholic.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:07 PM

Good point however I think it would be nice for a racing game to have a bit of a narrative, then again im a storyholic.

Motorstorm Apocalypse had a narrative and it damn near destroyed the game, horrible, cheesy, over the top bullsh*t story line. Worst direction they could have gone for, the other 2 Motorstorm games before handled it the right way, without a cheesy ridiculous story, just pure racing. 

I'm not saying that every racing game would be terrible with a story, but in my experience, a story line tends to make racing games insufferable and corny.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:08 AM

NCG will be the same as the Flatout series... Zero story and just flatout racing and carnage. That's how it should be imo.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ Anything 80's ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:04 PM

There's been a few updates so BUMP! ;) First and foremost, for those of you who haven't tried it, there is a FREE version of the tech-demo available now at http://nextcargame.c...echnology-demo/ - all you have to do is sign up to their Newsletter.

Secondly, the pre-alpha early access that all pre.order customers have access to via Steam recieved its second update this morning and is massively fun with the new car that got added along with a whole bunch of other stuff.

FoZ4Spc.jpg

fMbQhB8.jpg

TzgFytR.jpg

AYfV9CJ.jpg

skt4rko.jpg

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:51 PM

Not bad, is this for PS3 aswell?

PC only at the moment. But at their kickstarter (not active anymore) they said that if they would make enough money, Playstation 4 and Xbox One versions would be a possibility.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:25 AM

never played fallout/s

is it like destruction derby?

I have played forza 5 and NFS rivals on ONE, and forza is either too hard or too easy there is no inbetween for common controller holders, and NFS is cool, classic arcade NFS.

I am looking forward to a REAL racing game (f1, commentary, what forza 5 should have done)
or nascar. Been a while since I played nascar anything, and after forza 5, I am sure it will be very responsive to play on next gen. 'Murica

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:33 PM

I love how this game has been progressing. A guy on youtube called jaimswallace creates cinematic videos of beamng and NCG - and they're really awesome, they show off the game really well! If you have a few minutes to spare, have a gander through http://www.youtube.c...swallace/videos

• friendly luggage likes this

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:48 PM

Changelog here: http://community.bug...pic,3050.0.html

A lot of graphical changes in the recent update which make the tracks seem less barren. Loving that American sedan :inlove:

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

Changelog here: http://community.bug...pic,3050.0.html

A lot of graphical changes in the recent update which make the tracks seem less barren. Loving that American sedan :inlove:

Don't you find the update rather lacking? Modding communities can do more than add one car, a couple of retextures and one track to the game in a week.

Apart from that they've been slightly tweaking with already determined values, which shouldn't take much longer than a day.

I want to see a proper content update soon, where like, part of the actual game is unlocked. I guess this is pre-alpha, but if it REALLY is, why the hell focus on releasing an extra car or track -,-

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

Don't you find the update rather lacking? Modding communities can do more than add one car, a couple of retextures and one track to the game in a week.

Apart from that they've been slightly tweaking with already determined values, which shouldn't take much longer than a day.

I want to see a proper content update soon, where like, part of the actual game is unlocked. I guess this is pre-alpha, but if it REALLY is, why the hell focus on releasing an extra car or track -,-

I agree. This is a AAA studio and there is only three cars and tracks currently. I think the public alpha was released way too early, there isn't enough content to keep me playing for long.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users