Photo

Next Car Game

65 replies to this topic
Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

I don't know if there is a thread for this game yet, so ill make one. This is basically the next gen Flatout game, returning back to its roots. As you can view from the introduction video on the webpage, this game is the ultimate crash n bang racing game. What i noticed: exeptionally good physics and great graphics. Also, this game reviewer from Estonia made a really nice preview of this pre alpha with the main man Joonas Laakso there, being interviewed. He explained in detail how the game works, same is viewable in this introduction video.
Main page: http://nextcargame.com/
Some pics:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Also you can preorder this already, who do get the beta. But only if 10 000 people have preordered it.

Harley325
  • Harley325

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:08 PM

looks beautiful

RedDaggerXL
  • RedDaggerXL

Crash test dummy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:08 PM

As nice as it looks, a next-gen game based on crashing would benefit if it was similar to BeamNG's Drive... sigh.gif

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (RedDaggerXL @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 22:08)
As nice as it looks, a next-gen game based on crashing would benefit if it was similar to BeamNG's Drive... sigh.gif

Well if you looked at the pictures or the video posted on the website, you can see that this is pretty much BeamNG multiplied by 10. It looks much better, the crash physics look even better, the cars can be crashed into pieces, graphics are just excellent... What else do you want? Also, this is actually a game, not a game engine test where you can drive around a little. Also, as pointed out by the estonian previewer, you can crash cars so hard, they should even split in half.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

Awesome! I love the Flatout series (but not that sh*tty Flatout 3 crap), and this new one looks great!!

RedDaggerXL
  • RedDaggerXL

Crash test dummy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (Sup3rman @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 22:15)
QUOTE (RedDaggerXL @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 22:08)
As nice as it looks, a next-gen game based on crashing would benefit if it was similar to BeamNG's Drive...  sigh.gif

Well if you looked at the pictures or the video posted on the website, you can see that this is pretty much BeamNG multiplied by 10. It looks much better, the crash physics look even better, the cars can be crashed into pieces, graphics are just excellent... What else do you want? Also, this is actually a game, not a game engine test where you can drive around a little. Also, as pointed out by the estonian previewer, you can crash cars so hard, they should even split in half.

I watched the video on the site and there definitely wasn't any soft-body physics, at least to the level of BeamNG. However there's lots of debris and graphical damage (e.g. scrapes), plus some very nice car physics (e.g. tyre suspension), whilst BeamNG's drive is pretty much the soft-body physics with a bit of suspension, though RoR was a test and Drive is going to be a full game, currently in Alpha.

But dayum this looks nice.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:45 AM

Now, that's some realistic crash physics!

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:39 AM

So, what happens to your totalled car?
Re spawn?
Drives as good as ever?
Disqualification?

oysterbarron
  • oysterbarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

Man I love the original flatout! Just rammed 70 dollars strait at my screen.

Voit Turyv
  • Voit Turyv

The Emperor of Outworld

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

Sounds great, I missed something like Burnout Paradise and I'm not really gonna complete it fourth time... yet.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:26 PM

I was pretty sure I saw a topic about this before, either way I'm really looking forward to this and Carmageddon: Reincarnation, to see the damage physics in action.

Problem with most games is that they either make the cars out of tin foil, or concrete bricks.

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:41 PM Edited by 69_black_69, 31 August 2013 - 03:45 PM.

^Yep, agreed with everything Fireman said.

I'll always have a special place in my heart for FlatOut 2. The best racing game i've ever played. What i really like the most is how the opponent feels so 'real'. I mean, they're not just 'names' like every other racing games, each of the opponent have different personalities that affect their driving (like Jack Benton being the fastest motherf*cker in race, hate that f*cking guy). The longer you play, the more you know about each of your opponent on how they handling their car, and if you'll play FO2, you'll hate Jack Benton.

I just hope that they're not dumbing down the game, and scrapping this features. Stick to the original formula, because it's what makes the series unique.

Chase177
  • Chase177

Procrastinator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (69_black_69 @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 15:41)
^Yep, agreed with everything Fireman said.

I'll always have a special place in my heart for FlatOut 2. The best racing game i've ever played. What i really like the most is how the opponent feels so 'real'. I mean, they're not just 'names' like every other racing games, each of the opponent have different personalities that affect their driving (like Jack Benton being the fastest motherf*cker in race, hate that f*cking guy). The longer you play, the more you know about each of your opponent on how they handling their car, and if you'll play FO2, you'll hate Jack Benton.

I just hope that they're not dumbing down the game, and scrapping this features. Stick to the original formula, because it's what makes the series unique.

I loved flatout 2, and spent so many hours on that game. In my opinion it was the best racer/derby game ever made. I hope Next Car Game follows the same formula as well.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:43 PM Edited by Werebot85, 31 August 2013 - 06:46 PM.

QUOTE (69_black_69 @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 17:41)

Benton is good, but not as good as Lei Bing in Flatout Ultimate Carnage. I hate her lol. She wins almost every race...

fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

Looks beautiful! Hope they have some sort of "free-driving" mode that doesn't involve a racing objective, but just destroying sh*t at your own pace.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

There will be a multiplayer mod too, that would be awesome if they will execute this well.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:14 PM Edited by Chukkles, 31 August 2013 - 10:17 PM.

Is this a code name.
Nec ca gam.

Sounds too dumb, it better be a code name.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Hmm?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (Sup3rman @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 00:15)
Also, as pointed out by the estonian previewer, you can crash cars so hard, they should even split in half.

Link to this please? If that's true then wow.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:46 PM

Here it is, i may be wrong or i misunderstood but your free to hear the interview yourself:

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (Andreaz1 @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 21:26)
QUOTE (Sup3rman @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 00:15)
Also, as pointed out by the estonian previewer, you can crash cars so hard, they should even split in half.

Link to this please? If that's true then wow.

Welcome to 1999:

Couldn't find a better clip, but you had more than 50 different ways a car could split in this game (horizontal, vertical, diagonal with different parts like 1/2,1/3, 1/4, etc.) tounge.gif

Could you point out where you heard it Sup3rman? I can't stand listening to them for 22 minutes, they talk way too fast.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

I've just bought the "Full-Time Wrecker" pack for 23. I watched the video on the homepage and it just totally convinced me. FlatOut 1 and 2 were my favorite racing games on the PS2.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

Well i watched the interview again and must have mistaken about the splitting into two thing. He said the car crashed so hard that the whole front end was flat pretty much, so i guess i got that idea there or maybe from his facebook fanpage. It was a long time ago the video was made so i can't remember everything exactly, thats why i was wrong. Still, the car can be smashed up completely, so its unrecognisable.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

Yesss, finally games like this can start coming out left and right.(NeXtGeN baby!) We need more racing/derby games
that have this level of car damage. It can only get better from here on out. The game looks pretty damn fun. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

Tell me again the damage isnt great in this game... Just f*cking amazing, can't wait to play this.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:28 PM

Looks really spectacular the damage. We'll have plenty of debri to dodge on the track after a lap or so.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

Looks really cool, a bit too many (dust) particles and in my opinion the material should be a bit tougher, but it looks great nonetheless, there's probably a slider as to how much detachables there are and how easy the materials bend.

scc208
  • scc208

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:01 AM

Really looking forward to this one,

I've been a fan of FlatOut Series for long time, just hope that Bugbear could keep its quality.

FlatOut 3 was a nightmare :sui:

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:54 AM

Yes it was! Everything about Flatout3 sucked! I honestly don't know why Bugbear allowed the game to be made by some unknown studio that totally ruined it.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

Tell me again the damage isnt great in this game... Just f*cking amazing, can't wait to play this.

Looks pretty sick.
We could have so much fun just with that engine and a car.
Maybe someone should mention "tyre shredding" to them.

scc208
  • scc208

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:23 PM

Yes it was! Everything about Flatout3 sucked! I honestly don't know why Bugbear allowed the game to be made by some unknown studio that totally ruined it.

I still remember that the cars in FlatOut 3 were all like matchboxes, there was little car visual damage and car physics simply did not exist.... :barf:

Actually I quite appreciate the efforts made by Team6 Studio as the developer tried to salvage FlatOut 3 by releasing several patches in the subsequent months. But I can't just understand why the developer treated game players as beta-testers? The game should have been well optimized before being released.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users