Photo

Vigilante Sub Mission glitch

35 replies to this topic
N0Sam
  • N0Sam

Aint nothin' but a good time.

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:04 PM

So here's the deal: I'm trying to get the 150 armor bonus that comes along with completing all the vigilante missions,only every time i get to level 12 or 11 i end up getting f*ckED like a cheap hooker angry.gif
so i decided to perform a glitch i found online, ive seen it performed on all consoles including pc but i cant perform it for some reason, is there some percise way to perform it? what am i missing? Help would be appreciated very much sly.gif

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:14 PM

What is that glitch supposed to do exactly?

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

what glitch you're trying to do?
have you ever tried using a RHINO?

I believe that the easiest way with only on cheat (or even none if you get all gold in pilot school) is to get a hunter chopper and start. I reached 100 that way! with that chopper can stand a lot of hits, have a minigun AND can fire missiles, all what you need is just being good enough in control heli's then you should be fine (from a newbie to another: try NOT to do that when using the hunter near the los santos international airpost area. 'cause they may spawn in the UNDERGROUND ROAD! that happened with me once and...believe it or not I flied inside and destroyed them right there, but I'm really good at using the hunter on PS2 it really need a lot of time and skill to actually even entering the road and to get out...I'm just telling you this so you should not start all over just because they spawn there...I didn't give up because I create like a challenge for myself to atleast reaching 75)

N0Sam
  • N0Sam

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

i THINK kill the targets OR jump you to the next level. the rhino isnt available to me. the ones that i find are locked. also see my other posts tenn-a-penny. i blow with helis, airplanes i do a bang up job though

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:14 PM Edited by reform, 30 August 2013 - 08:18 PM.

I know you've said you suck at hellis, but it's pretty hard to fail doing the "Brown Thunder" Vigilante missions in the Hunter around the Angel Pine area.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

I've tried the restaurant glitch. It only worked twice (two separate occasions) for me both at level 3.
I believe it works only when the Crooks are at the edge of the chase zone, and when CJ entered the building they have to be leaving the area, which triggers 'kill' and the level up.
I also don't believe it is worth the trouble (unless going for 100%).
So now I wait until after the "Learning to Fly", when I can steal the Rhino.

Buy all the Safe Houses.
When you get two or more Wanted Stars, stop in and change CJ's Shirt (or pants, or hat). If you are near a store buy a shirt (or pants, or hat) to lose them. Just like Paint'n'Spray when you return to the vehicle the Stars will be Flashing, don't do anything aggressive until they go away. Take note of what you are doing to earn a wanted star, they can be avoided. Learn were the Bribe Stars are located, use them. Respawn is about three minutes (real time).

N0Sam
  • N0Sam

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:03 AM Edited by N0Sam, 31 August 2013 - 12:16 AM.

wait hold on, where the f*ck is that rhino dude? ive finished that mission!

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:04 AM Edited by lil weasel, 31 August 2013 - 07:37 AM.

QUOTE (N0Sam @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 00:03)
wait hold on, where the <> is that rhino dude? ive finished that mission!

In area 69 in the hangers at the north end toward Verdant Meadows.

user posted image

Zmoonchild:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM-CvuLBswg

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Playa

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:04 AM Edited by OG Viking, 28 January 2014 - 01:45 AM.

(ten-a-penny @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 19:28)

try NOT to do that when using the hunter near the los santos international airpost area. 'cause they may spawn in the UNDERGROUND ROAD!

I usually use a HPV for Vigilante, it's the best vehicle to use before Rhino or Hunter becomes available. So I don't have a problem with criminals driving underground, but I have several times had a problem with them spawning inside the airport locked-off area. Lol that's a problem with no pilot license.

The Hunter is good but sadly it doesn't got heat-seeking missiles. Hydra should have been a Vigilante vehicle but is not. It's funny that you can do Vigilante with Barracks. A 30-40 year old lorry doing hot pursuit?! LOL what a joke.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:27 AM

This is my method of choice.

j7n
  • j7n

Buster

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:59 AM

The easiest but still challenging and thus interesting method to finish Vigilante is using the Minigun on an HPV-1000 or a Rancher. You can try to finish first levels using another strong weapon to conserve minigun ammo. Start the mission in the countryside. If no areas have been unlocked yet, start in Blueberry Acres.

Do not shoot enemies while on the bike with a submachine gun. Instead, get around the targets, get off the bike, and shoot them carefully in single shot mode as they come towards you. Your wanted level will decay while you are on foot, but will not when driving a police car. Take advantage of this. If you have time accumulated, consider waiting on foot while a 1 start wanted level decays. Pick up bribe stars when you have 2 or 3 stars. If the targets are close, but you already have 2 stars, take them down anyway. Bribes in the countryside are easy to pick up.

There is another glitch (or intended change) when you reach levels 15-20, by which time you will have moved back into the nearest city. Wanted level starts to rise very slowly. Blowing up the targets themselves gives an imperceivable rise in wanted level; and blowing up a police car will give around 1 star (normally that awards more than 2 stars). With this, you can go on doing Vigilante indefinitely, or rather as long as you can maintain concentration.

The Rancher is almost as good vehicle as a bike, because it can get traction while climbing riverbanks, or brake to avoid falling off them in the first place. Still, do not start in Los Santos with its highways and hills.

The easiest Minigun to get at the beginning of the game is in an underground parking lot in Venturas. If you shoot carefully, you only need one.

user posted image

My favorite method.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Playa

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

@j7n
Some good ideas there. But I personally try to avoid Blueberry Acres, because it has given me problems a couple of times. I had a difficult time finding the criminals when they started circling in the high grass, it's hard to see them and their path is very unpredictable. But I didn't have a Minigun. Blueberry Acres and LS International are the only two areas I try to avoid. I don't mind chasing criminals in the city, the good thing with a city is that there is always a short route to the target. On the countryside you risk having to drive a long roundabout, and sometimes you have to gamble and perhaps take the wrong route. Both urban and rural environments have their pluses and minuses.

I also don't mind having up to three stars, they only begin to really bother me when the Enforcers come into play. But I don't get off my bike so I don't have problems with large numbers of cops on foot. Just pick up a bribe here and there and it's easy to stay at 0-2 stars.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (reform @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 20:14)
I know you've said you suck at hellis, but it's pretty hard to fail doing the "Brown Thunder" Vigilante missions in the Hunter around the Angel Pine area.

if you're talking about me, well....if it comes on PC, controlling the hunter is slightly hard (sometimes I get confused between buttons....) but is even easier even for a beginner to control it on PS2! cool.gif I was a "big cheater" in my first days of SA on PS2....I found the cheat of the hunter and I was like "GASP! mercie_blink.gif cry.gif FLY IT devil.gif cool.gif !!!!!" since then I've learned to fly it...also, if I was bad in flying hellis....how did I entered the underground roads of L.S I.A???(LOS SANTOS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT)and get out? I'm gonna be honest that was like the hardest GTA moment in the whole of my life! notify.gif turn.gif (when it was time to exit) and when I exited...I shout: HELLO SKIES!!!I'M COMING FOR YA!!!!!!!*in another game, that what jack bartlet A.K.A heart-break one said in the mission HRTBREAK ONE in the game ACE COMBAT 5

j7n
  • j7n

Buster

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (ten-a-penny @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 20:51)
if it comes on PC, controlling the hunter is slightly hard (sometimes I get confused between buttons....)

On PC you can change the buttons. Pity you can't make a set specifically for planes or cars. Try to figure out what key you pushed when you got "confused", and give them the intended function! For me, it's often pushing the uparrow to lean forward (naturally). By default the key is way on the other side of the kbd. If you reassign the keyboard keys, a heli can be as easy to control as a car! With the Hunter, the only challenge remains to keep gentle with leaning forward, as this heli has a great range for that control and will try to do unnecessary stunts.

@OG Viking

Long roads without junctions in the countryside make it easy to get far in front of the targets. In the city they can turn at any crossing, and the player is required to take chances with fighting at close range. If the targets spawn far (they may or may not, even in the countryside), the player is rewarded with more time. I found that if I stand on Blueberry Acres (the field) and not near the Panopticon, the targets will often be created on nearby roads separated only by a flat plain, but those also don't award much time.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

Is anyone interested in discussing the Vigilante Glitch? I know the OP has moved on but perhaps the method can be improved enough to make it viable on PC. This glitch worked like a charm on PS2v1, but I've only seen one other person pull it off on PC, and that required several attempts.

The basic procedure is to start vigilante and then enter an interior. Wait a few seconds, exit the interior and re-enter the police vehicle to clear/refresh the 60 second timer to get back in a police vehicle. If the glitch works as hoped one or more of the targets will fall through the planet and die when CJ exits the interior.

This trick worked like a charm on PS2v1, but on PCv1 I'm having a hard time getting past level 10 without running out of time. My preferred location on PS2 is the Santa Maria safe house, which seems to work reasonably well on PC but I haven't really searched for better alternatives. At Santa Maria is seems to help to have the vehicle (I was using a bike) aimed sort of at the lighthouse. The idea is to get the targets to spawn behind CJ and since the glitch doesn't appear to work well when the targets are near I'm hoping they won't spawn in Rodeo or on the pier.

The glitch doesn't seem to work if the targets are not moving. At later levels I placed a marker on one of the targets and if they didn't move at all then I would head in their direction and try to get them moving again before heading back to Santa Maria. But by then I was pretty short on time and although those target died I failed the next level.

BTW, this glitch would seem to be an ideal way to harden a vigilante vehicle against damage since it gains a little heath at the end of each level and doesn't take any damage from the targets or crashes. This might be a useful method to add a lot of health to a Police Car or Rancher to use with a squad of SMG toting homies.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Playa

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:13 AM Edited by OG Viking, 28 January 2014 - 01:50 AM.

(OrionSR @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013)

My preferred location on PS2 is the Santa Maria safe house, which seems to work reasonably well on PC but I haven't really searched for better alternatives.

I think I can remember reading about entering a restaurant but I can't recall which restaurant it was, if it was a particular one. It works better if they spawn at a different altitude than yours, is that right? Maybe Burger Shot in Temple is a good place, there are both higher and lower terrain nearby.

(OrionSR @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013)

BTW, this glitch would seem to be an ideal way to harden a vigilante vehicle against damage since it gains a little heath at the end of each level and doesn't take any damage from the targets or crashes. This might be a useful method to add a lot of health to a Police Car or Rancher to use with a squad of SMG toting homies.

Add a lot of health? Do your vehicle not have an upper limit of HP? You can use your garage to repair damage.

@j7n
I could try that [driving ahead and wait for them] some more, but it is only a good idea if I change my strategy. My strategy is to drive behind them and shoot. The one big advantage with a bike is to shoot forward, so when I do use a bike I also do use that advantage. If I give 4-wheel vehicles a chance I'll try using your strategy.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (OG Viking @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 04:13)
Add a lot of health? Do your vehicle not have an upper limit of HP? You can use your garage to repair damage.

Add a lot of additional health. The vehicles might have a health cap(?) but it is much higher than normal (practically indestructible high). Garaging a hardened (higher than normal health) vehicle, will set the health back to normal.

Assuming normal healthy is 1000 HP:
Completing a vigilante level on/in the police vehicle will add 300 HP
Completing a vigilante level outside the police vehicle will add 200 HP to the last police vehicle used (provided it isn't destroyed)

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

I never really did vigilante missions but as i readed this, im sure this was a working method on vice city. You started mission then get in pizza store and you will complete the vigilante missions by just standing inside pizza store. This not working on SA as far as i know ( just enter store and u complete vigilante missions ), it would be nice if some1 can pull this trick on SA somehow like OrionSR said.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

The glitch on the PC is supposed to be you enter the store, wait 34 seconds, then go and get back in the Police Vehicle, not just wait in the store..

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 01:19)
Is anyone interested in discussing the Vigilante Glitch? I know the OP has moved on but perhaps the method can be improved enough to make it viable on PC. This glitch worked like a charm on PS2v1, but I've only seen one other person pull it off on PC, and that required several attempts.

I tried the glitch on PC V1, but I can't seem to get it to work no matter what. I'm using all the tips which you wrote but no luck for me. I also tried. Although, I don't trust Wikia much, it mentions that it might be neccessary to use food place like Burgershot.
QUOTE (GTAwikia)
San Andreas glitch
A glitch exists in GTA: San Andreas that allows completion of Vigilante without actually having to engage the enemy. Trigger the sub-mission, and park the police vehicle near the entrance to a food place such as Burger Shot. When the targets are identified, exit the vehicle (a countdown clock to mission failure will begin) and enter the food place. Wait about 20 seconds and exit. If done correctly (the exact timing may vary and one must be careful not to run out of time), the game will indicate that the targets are dead. Quickly reenter the police vehicle and wait for the next mission. Repeat. On the PS2 this has been done successfully for all levels. One walkthrough reports it works on the Xbox too but only up to a certain point, and purchasing food may or may not be necessary.

And even that purchasing food might be neccessary.

I tried numerous methods, waited for various time periods but no luck. I wanted to try whether it makes different if I enter wardrobe, but it didn't work either.

I can redo this glitch on V1.01 as I have this one too, but I doubt it would make any difference at all. Perhaps V2 works differently, though I can't confirm nor deny that.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

I read somewhere that it only works at OG Locs fast food place.
I still believe that the Crooks have to on the verge of leaving, and leave CJ's radar to work while he is inside.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (j7n @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 23:56)
QUOTE (ten-a-penny @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 20:51)
if it comes on PC, controlling the hunter is slightly hard (sometimes I get confused between buttons....)

On PC you can change the buttons. Pity you can't make a set specifically for planes or cars. Try to figure out what key you pushed when you got "confused", and give them the intended function!

I know....what I mean is...well....I don't know how to tell you........on PS2 you just have to push the stick the direction you want AND to press either R2 or L2 its simple....but in PC its kinda hard for me confused.gif turning with both, E or Q with RIGHT/LEFT-ARROW that what confuse me (can't control heli right) and even sometimes with firing (I make firing keys close to each other)

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:01 AM Edited by lil weasel, 05 September 2013 - 02:49 AM.

Get a USB generic GamePad (i.e. Logitech Dual Action ™) then you can play almost the same as on the Consoles. I don't recommend trying to make a console controller work on the PC as it can take hours getting the correct drivers to work.

The Logitech Dual Action ™ works straight of the box without special drivers.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:02 AM

I recall going to 24/7 (to replenish my health) then going to Ammu-Nation (to replenish my armor), and progressing to the next level, though I don't remember when exactly it occurred. At first, my assumption was they fell off the Martin bridge, since they were in that area.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Playa

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:23 AM Edited by OG Viking, 28 January 2014 - 01:52 AM.

I have never tried to use this Vigilante glitch, but I have had it happen by chance a very few times. I think one time it happened was when I entered or exited Cluckin' Bell in Willowfield.

(King Andreas @ Thursday, Sep 5 2013)

I recall going to 24/7 (to replenish my health) then going to Ammu-Nation (to replenish my armor), and progressing to the next level, though I don't remember when exactly it occurred.

I didn't know that. But I remember that there is something special with the Ammu Nation downtown Los Santos, if a turf is under attack a visit to this gunshop will end the attack.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:03 AM

I wonder could this not be a real exploit but only a matter of placing, for example it happens to me many times when I start the vigilante in Santa Maria safe house at the beginning of the game that the suspects show near the tunnels in Vinewood and get stuck there, sometimes I can get there and see tehm stuck others not it gives me level passed while trying to get there. It really could be what's happening here maybe it's just a matter of the way the suspects behave when you are in a certain position in the map. It still can be an exploit but I think it should be more of a coincidence than anyting else, as it doesn't work all the time.

QUOTE (King Andreas @ Friday, Thursday, Sep 5 2013, 02:02)
At first, my assumption was they fell off the Martin bridge, since they were in that area.

Maybe this is really what it happens sometimes and not really beacuse you have entered a certain building.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Playa

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:17 AM

Perhaps they can get involved in freeway accidents and blow up? I have a question; when a NPC is driving somewhere very far away from you, do they drive alone or do they meet random traffic where they are? I think they are alone, but I do have some doubts. Because I have experienced that my recruited members got killed in Los Santos when I was in San Fierro. It was in the mission Los Sepulcros, in this mission you can't get too far away from your gang, they stay in memory. I found one of them dead in a Los Santos street when I returned, he had been killed either by traffic or one of the fake Ballas. They are not real Ballas so he should normally not get in a fight with them as long as they are not hurting CJ.

If there was traffic in Los Santos when I was in San Fierro, then maybe the Vigilante suspects can get involved with crashes on the highway when they are far away from you?
  • King Andreas likes this

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:45 AM

Do NPCs interact with other NPCs when the player is out of their range? Hm, that's a good question I wish I could answer. Theory: Noticeably, scripted NPCs (such as mission generated characters) will not vanish due to distance, whereas non-mission NPCs will. Because of that, it's unlikely they will interact with any other NPC, besides those of missions. Since we're on the subject of Los Sepulcros, the Grove boys that spawn are real gang members (since they're recruit-able), though they are also mission generated, so it's possible they're programmed to die when you stray away too far. On the other hand, the Ballas that appear on the mission are not real, hence killing them doesn't raise the "enemy gangs killed" tally, thus they probably weren't killed by them. However, I could've sworn I've seen my recruits get hostile to peds other than police and rival gangs simply for them approaching to hit CJ. Therefore, it could be the recruits were aware of the fake Ballas trying to lock-on to CJ. Good question, nonetheless.

Although it's possible Vigilante NPCs can get in a crash with each other, they'd probably exit their vehicle prior to the explosion, if they have enough time. As for them falling off a bridge and drowning, the likelihood of three cars falling is unlikely.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:00 AM

There must be some sort of interaction among the NPC's or the dead bodies and abandoned motorcycles found on occasion wouldn't litter the landscape.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Playa

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:31 AM Edited by OG Viking, 09 September 2013 - 06:42 AM.

Theory: Noticeably, scripted NPCs (such as mission generated characters) will not vanish due to distance, whereas non-mission NPCs will. Because of that, it's unlikely they will interact with any other NPC, besides those of missions.

Random NPCs appears around where CJ are located, and only there under normal circumstances. The area around CJ is an "activity zone" where random things happens. I don't know if the programmers would do this, but they could program the scripted characters to have their own "activity zones" around them.

the Grove boys that spawn are real gang members (since they're recruit-able), though they are also mission generated, so it's possible they're programmed to die when you stray away too far.

Nope, they are not programmed that way. I have let them wait at various places in Los Santos while I went to San Fierro dozens of times, and they almost never died. I tried to place them down in the flood channel where they can't leave, and they didn't die there. That is the greatest distance I ever had between them and CJ. The other places I let them wait was in the cemetery or other places in the area. The dead member had for some reason got killed in a Temple street near the Pay 'N' Spray. I didn't leave him there but I must accidentally have pressed the "follow" button. I don't remember where the second guy was found, but he was alive.

However, I could've sworn I've seen my recruits get hostile to peds other than police and rival gangs simply for them approaching to hit CJ. Therefore, it could be the recruits were aware of the fake Ballas trying to lock-on to CJ.

Yes that's true, they often attack persons who are threatening. But they don't know that someone have "locked on" CJ, they don't even know when cops have locked on CJ, they simply act on the wanted level. Often they attack a cop before the cop have reacted to the wanted level.
The only possibility I see here, is if one of the fake Ballas had actually hit CJ before leaving. But if that was the case, the recruited members would have responded immediately and not after I had ordered them to wait. I can't guarantee it, but I should notice if my allies was in the attack mode when I left. I care about the "killed in action" stat so I pay attention.

Although it's possible Vigilante NPCs can get in a crash with each other, they'd probably exit their vehicle prior to the explosion, if they have enough time. As for them falling off a bridge and drowning, the likelihood of three cars falling is unlikely.

The Vigilante suspects may bump into each other, but they will not crash into each other. This is because their vehicles are under driver control and not driven by the general script that allows high speeds. If they crash it has to be with NPC cars that are driven by the general traffic script.

There must be some sort of interaction among the NPC's or the dead bodies and abandoned motorcycles found on occasion wouldn't litter the landscape.

I've seen that but it's rare and a long time since last time. I wonder if it could be bikes that crashed just as they got inside or outside of the active zone around CJ? So that the bike remained in memory but the driver was thrown outside of the active zone? It's the only theory I have.
It is theoretically possible that scripted characters have "activity zones" around them, but there is no activity where there are not scripted characters, I'm pretty sure about that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users