Quantcast

» «
Photo

How can I get rid of disk scan at startup?

4 replies to this topic
Dollarhide
  • Dollarhide

Original Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:49 PM

After an overheating incident some time ago, I am bothered by disk check at startup (which never finishes, shuts down pc at 70% or so.) I have to skip it every time before I'm able to log in.
It's starting to annoy me. Is there a way to get rid of it? (Other than buying a new pc)
There are 3 things that might have started this disk check sh*t - 1) overheating, 2.) Faulty battery/power supply 3.) There was a thunderstorm. Laptop itself was unplugged but network cable was connected and router was on.

Fozzy Fozborne
  • Fozzy Fozborne

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

Did you ever let it complete? If not, then restart your computer and let it finish. This fixes it 95% of the time.

If you have or it doesn't, click start-> right-click computer -> manage -> task scheduler. You should be able to see disk check as a scheduled process. From there you can delete it.

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:20 PM

Let chkdsk finish. If chkdsk is finished and repeats the next time, system restarts, your HDD is failing and need to
change a new HDD.

Dollarhide
  • Dollarhide

Original Pimp

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

It never finishes. At stage 3, the computer just shuts down.
Well, thanks.
I guess, I'd better start backing up important files.

Raslyk
  • Raslyk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:43 AM

u need to access regedit to get rid of it. if u're in i can tell u. do have ur rig overclocked or somethin'?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users