GTA Hunger Games

33 replies to this topic
ReconzVenture
  • ReconzVenture

Eccentric Raver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

There's been a few custom game ideas floating around and some of them sound like a lot of fun and definetely something I want to try. Here's my blunder, Gta Hunger Games. Obviously taken inspiration from the movie and from various other game modes of the same name like on minecraft, the goal is simply survive and be the last survivor at that. Only One.

You have one life.
Blips, weapon markers are off.
No motorised vehicles. (BMXs etc for traversing the map)
Your choice to trust or not trust people.
No buying anything.
Only use weapons you find.
Cops will be off.
Winner is the person that is alive at the end with everyone else dead.

Thoughts? Sound fun?

Bluegrassandsass
  • Bluegrassandsass

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

I actually like this a lot c:

Bigmattlaflare415
  • Bigmattlaflare415

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

not bad, not bad at all

5StarV
  • 5StarV

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

Yeah I'll play that. Irue399 on Youtube came up with a similar idea. He called it 'Sniper Hunger Games' where basically you could just be picked off with a sniper at any moment.

ReconzVenture
  • ReconzVenture

Eccentric Raver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

Nice to know other people like this kind of thing too. I'd happily play with a few of you guys on the forums, I'm on the Sexbox if interested.

fridaynightscream
  • fridaynightscream

Just an average gamer.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

I posted this same exact idea about a year ago and I got nothing but hate comments confused.gif

TheDominoEffect
  • TheDominoEffect

Fall Like Dominoes

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

this would be pretty epic

DawkinsEfect
  • DawkinsEfect

5-0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:54 PM

Pretty good idea but do we only get one life? How do we know who died and wouldn't they just spawn back in? Would you use the entire map for this?

TheDominoEffect
  • TheDominoEffect

Fall Like Dominoes

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:11 PM

DawkinsEfect Posted on Friday, Aug 30 2013, 18:54
  Pretty good idea but do we only get one life? How do we know who died and wouldn't they just spawn back in? Would you use the entire map for this?

i presume like in the film the cannon goes off..game could be set to 1 life each and no probably not the entire map maybe a forest area would be good..

Hopefully theres a custom games option might try make this

Morganthaler
  • Morganthaler

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

The Mission Builder might (eventually) allow something like this to be built.

3inar
  • 3inar

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:37 PM

I like it but cars and more(boats/aircrafts etc.) should be able to be found parked on random areas of the map due to the map being so big.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

Try submitting your ideas here: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=576744

Knoh
  • Knoh

Quiet type.

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:47 PM

I like the idea, something like Liberty City Survivor. It would be cool if at times there would be a armoured truck driving by with supplies (armor, health, guns and ammo) with guards protecting it. Then you could try to rob it yourself or team up with a friend, and then share the loot with your ally or kill him/her and keep the stuff for yourself.

Though there should be something to force you to gather supplies like food, otherwise you would die of hunger. It would keep the gameplay more exciting since you have to take risks to go out in the open and risk your life to stay alive. And also preventing campers to just wait until everyone else dies.

B3ANTOWN B3A5T
  • B3ANTOWN B3A5T

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (Knoh @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 21:47)
I like the idea, something like Liberty City Survivor. It would be cool if at times there would be a armoured truck driving by with supplies (armor, health, guns and ammo) with guards protecting it. Then you could try to rob it yourself or team up with a friend, and then share the loot with your ally or kill him/her and keep the stuff for yourself.

Though there should be something to force you to gather supplies like food, otherwise you would die of hunger. It would keep the gameplay more exciting since you have to take risks to go out in the open and risk your life to stay alive. And also preventing campers to just wait until everyone else dies.

Good ideas here but to simulate food, or lack of it, maybe a player would have to earn a certain amount of money after X amount of time or they would be eliminated AKA die of hunger.

This would discourage camping and reward players who ventured out to complete tasks.

chuckles47
  • chuckles47

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:32 PM

Good idea but..... taking inspiration from Hunger Games. Are you 12 years old and can't decide which boy is cuter? biggrin.gif

When you have things that did it so much better like Battle Royal, Lord of the Flies, The Running Man, the Most Dangerous Game etc. etc.

Cyb3rslug
  • Cyb3rslug

Dat Auzzie

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (chuckles47 @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 22:32)
Good idea but..... taking inspiration from Hunger Games. Are you 12 years old and can't decide which boy is cuter? biggrin.gif

When you have things that did it so much better like Battle Royal, Lord of the Flies, The Running Man, the Most Dangerous Game etc. etc.

Meh? I think it's legit to borrow the idea from Hunger Games considering it's probably the most heard of out of those different stories/concept in media today. Not going against what you said, I agree... but just putting it out there.

Besides... here's my idea.

-Set the versus/map area to be closed off in an area around the mountains n trees, maybe near a lake?

-obviously only 1 life for each person.

-have perhaps 1 sniper, 1 armour and 2 pistols on the map.

-disable blips.

Anyway I think it'll be interesting what people should come up with. This is kind of high hopes but maybe it will be similar to forge mode in Halo, if anyone here has played halo...? Pretty much be able to spawn any object found in the game world, cars, barrels, pallets, vans, concrete blocks. smile.gif

ScorpDaMonk
  • ScorpDaMonk

Astral Projection

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:46 AM

I really like this idea OP

BrazilianGirl
  • BrazilianGirl

◕‿‿◕

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:47 AM

I like the sound of it

IMr_SmithI
  • IMr_SmithI

Nigga rich productions

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:48 AM Edited by IMr_SmithI, 31 August 2013 - 09:52 AM.

Oi! That was my idea..or a take on it!!!! Thief!!! mad.gif

Deer Hunter - manhunt bounties

Adecool
  • Adecool

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:45 AM

as long as the weapons don't include firearms then it could be fun.

BMW Sterling
  • BMW Sterling

(_o_Y_o_)

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:05 AM

This would REALLY work with the new Content Creator. You said the weapons (knife, bat, hammer, 1 pistol with 12 bullets, vest, ect.) in the middle of the arena and spread packages all over the forest. Include wild animals like bears, cougars, and other prey. Turn off blips and huds. Turn off police and let the fun begin.

ReconzVenture
  • ReconzVenture

Eccentric Raver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (chuckles47 @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 22:32)

Not at all, i'm 19 and a straight male haha.
I chose the Hunger Games because it is the largest thing in the media right now that best represents my idea.
Battle Royal would be a better choice but then half the people here probably wouldn't have even heard of that film.

oh and Liam Hemsworth is by far the cutest...

Godzgift2purple
  • Godzgift2purple

Manufacturer

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:38 AM

lol I Think its an interesting concept. Should be fun to try out.

B3ANTOWN B3A5T
  • B3ANTOWN B3A5T

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (BMW Sterling @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 01:05)
This would REALLY work with the new Content Creator. You said the weapons (knife, bat, hammer, 1 pistol with 12 bullets, vest, ect.) in the middle of the arena and spread packages all over the forest. Include wild animals like bears, cougars, and other prey. Turn off blips and huds. Turn off police and let the fun begin.

Yes! Battling the animals with melee weapons or weak pistols would add another fun dimension to the gamemode. It would be very useful if we can set boundaries for our created gamemodes in order to keep everyone in the woods.

CaptainBabyGravy
  • CaptainBabyGravy

I'll kill you, right in the face.

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

I'd like to play this. smile.gif

Subiedoo
  • Subiedoo

Boosted [SHFT] Leader

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:39 PM

I would definitely be down for this on Xbox.

LennonNL
  • LennonNL

English Rose

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

It could work, but one of the most dangerous things in the movie was getting found while sleeping - which wouldn't be a problem in GTA obviously.

I've always wanted a game mode with no blips or anything, though. The only way to locate someone is actually seeing them.

FranticFatality
  • FranticFatality

British Hillbilly

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

Battle Royale, not Hunger Games. wink.gif

It does sound fun, but I don't want GTA to take inspiration from those genres. Stick to crime style.

Andrew-23
  • Andrew-23

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:07 AM

If it works for minecraft then it will work on this tounge.gif biggrin.gif lol.gif

theonlytobyever
  • theonlytobyever

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:06 AM

That could be fun if the set up was right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users