Photo

Trailer changed my view on charecters

69 replies to this topic
Tyg0903
  • Tyg0903

I build war machines for the greatest nation

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:46 AM

After watching the trailer today it really changed my opinion on the dynamic between the protags. It shed a light on Michael that makes him look a little less in control of the crew and a little less in control of his life. Before it seemed as if he was cool calm and in complete control as the leader of Trevor and Franklin. I think it showcased that there will definitely be strife between he and Trevor. All that being said I think it will make for a less stable partnership between them and will lead to some interesting plot twists. Anyone else get that vibe from the trailer?

BayKonStrip
  • BayKonStrip

Master of Mowdown

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:48 AM

yep! im so excited to get this game already and play it and see where the story goes and what happens biggrin.gif

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:50 AM

Would love to hear Franklin actually talk for once instead of saying one liners in every trailer

MattInman
  • MattInman

KCCO

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:51 AM

Yup. I used to see Michael as the guy who controlled his family and they clinged to him, but this trailer showed otherwise.

evoluon--720
  • evoluon--720

Left Field

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:54 AM

Would love to hear Franklin actually talk for once instead of saying one liners in every trailer

yea we were discussing this in like 5 topics this morning.
he has the storyline i am waiting for the most

DanieljJ
  • DanieljJ

Supersonic Bassman

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:02 AM

No. I always thought all three were assholes just like you. blush.gif

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

100% Natural awesomeness in every post.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:03 AM

Trevor is an asshole. biggrin.gif

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:04 AM

I instantly fell in love with Trevor's black jogging suit, who else?

ScorpDaMonk
  • ScorpDaMonk

Astral Projection

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:04 AM

I'm with you OP, i feel the same way. Also Franklin is starting to seem like all he does is bitch about sh*t. I hope its not the case

Tyg0903
  • Tyg0903

I build war machines for the greatest nation

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE (DanieljJ @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 03:02)
No. I always thought all three were assholes just like you. blush.gif

Ahh thanks man, you are a sweetheart.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:17 AM

Well, I mean, you were kidding yourself if you thought they'd always get along. Conflict makes for a good story, ask anyone who has ever written a published story.

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:20 AM

I have a feeling this will feel like your playing a movie like in last of us

Scytale
  • Scytale

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:36 AM

I think Micheal is going to a much more 'emotional' character than first thought, somewhat on the level of John Marston, I could see him sacrificing himself to allow some other character/s live, maybe his family, seeing as it look like he losing everything in the latest trailer. But then again I could see Trevor in a massive plot twist snapping and giving his life to save Micheal, like maybe he feel like sh*t for treat Micheal like sh*t, even when Micheal admits his mistakes, like somehow just stop being a psychopath for a second, does a cliche "Micheal, you have a family, let me go, I ain't go sh*t" then again Trevor pretty f*cked up. Idk I guess changed my mind about Trevor being completely lost when I saw in the latest trailer when Micheal say he torturing him over mistake that happen 10+ years ago, Trevor looked pretty well sad in a way (if you know what I mean). Franklin I ain't got no ideas how complex his character supposed to be, seem a bit like a third wheel to me, I mean it doesn't even seem as if he knows Micheal or Trevor at the start of the game (Asking Micheal direction like they haven't spoke in one trailer, Micheal 'introducing' him to Trevor in another trailer, the way he asks Micheal if he got any work, saying he doesn't surely if they knew each other before hand he would already know Micheal 'retied' in the latest)

Speculation, speculation everywhere.

bfett21
  • bfett21

The scourge of Carpathia

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:05 AM

What the trailer changed for me, in aspect of the game, is that it may not be as goofy as we think it may be, I am seeing a lot more seriousness and darkness in the game. More so than GTA4 did. I am seeing a bit more emotion in this trailer, than what was shown in GTA4. I think we're going to be shocked in more ways than one on how this game progresses.

RaptorTaco
  • RaptorTaco

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:12 AM

I agree. This trailer showed a slightly unhinged side of Michael. I think and hope this game will be a legitimate, emotional story. They've learned a lot from GTA IV, radar, la noire, and mp3 in terms of emotional depth and engagement. We are a long way from the zaniness of lance Vance's power trip and zero's RC bombs.

Anonamix
  • Anonamix

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 03:17)
Well, I mean, you were kidding yourself if you thought they'd always get along. Conflict makes for a good story, ask anyone who has ever written a published story.

You have a point. But I personally was hoping for a buddy vibe haha. Michael as a mentor to Franklin while Trevor adds dark humor.

BUT, I know better. I sense one will become a 3rd wheel.

This trailer also had me looking at these characters in a different light.

chitoryu12
  • chitoryu12

Resident Actor, Dancer, and Singer

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE (bfett21 @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 04:05)
What the trailer changed for me, in aspect of the game, is that it may not be as goofy as we think it may be, I am seeing a lot more seriousness and darkness in the game. More so than GTA4 did. I am seeing a bit more emotion in this trailer, than what was shown in GTA4. I think we're going to be shocked in more ways than one on how this game progresses.

Trevor is probably going to hit a lot of people hard. Just about everyone knows nothing about him that's not in the trailers, and they think that he's the "funny psychopath." The guy who's obscene, over-the-top and crazy in ways that make you laugh. He's even been accused of being shallow, meant to appeal to the chaotic kiddies who just want to blow stuff up and make dirty jokes.

Trust me guys, he's not like that. Some of the leaked audio says as much. Not gonna spoil anything, but Trevor is NOT just a silly guy who makes you laugh with his audacity. The dude's legitimately mentally ill. He barely trusts anyone, and he doesn't give two sh*ts about the people he doesn't trust. And ironically, he makes it hard for everyone else to trust HIM through his sheer insanity. He's a lot like a trashier Thomas DeSimone.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:20 AM

I think they all start out sort of messed up but as the story progresses the bond grows deeper. I see Michael getting his mojo back later in the game.

Dan McChill
  • Dan McChill

Grove Street's Keeper

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:40 AM

I'm not the only one to think this, awesome.

Indeed, Michael doesn't seem to have that much control over the team and his own life, but i guess he'll manage to turn things around.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:52 AM

Trailer changed my view on charecters

Leaks changed my view on the characters tounge.gif

Conflict makes for a good story

Conflict is overrated and, in a rich, open world video game where the player is supposed to the character, story is overrated. But I'll get through it; it's not that bad, like watching a movie or reading a book. And maybe I will even get to participate colgate.gif

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:53 AM

I like Michael more. I thought he was more eager to get back into the game, but in the newest trailer, he seems very reluctant. Trevor seems like he's even more crazy and much more aggressive than I thought. I'm glad it's Franklin who goes to get work from Michael. I thought Michael was the one who approached Franklin with work. I guess it makes sense because of his ambition.

It just looks like it will be a good story. It will be crazy seeing it from three different perspectives.

AlwaysDown4aPicknick
  • AlwaysDown4aPicknick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:13 AM

QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 02:50)

Don't worry Franklin will, I can see it already: Franklin talking to Michael scene: Yo Mike go pass me some Fried chicken, Michael: The clucking bell one? Franklin: Yo ni@@a I ain't be trippin.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:16 AM

Yeah. Michael was babying the other two during the heist prep. Ruined my hopes of the training wheels coming off within the first 5 hours.

Quartercan American
  • Quartercan American

Maybe in the future

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:16 AM

YES. all three characters changed for me.....

Michael seems to be very hesitant to get back into the game, He blames trevor for getting into his head

Trevor seems possessive and like he wants to lead things, this can cause tension, a lot of it. He wants to do things his way, and that might set him up for trouble

And Franklin To me looks a lot more generous after the trailer, he seems to be looking out for Michael, like a Son would for a father. At the scene at michaels pool His nice side came out. I cant wait to see how that will turn out for them

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:17 AM

Yes I originally thought they were characters

Tense
  • Tense

Mr Zucchini

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:24 AM

I feel like Michael's story is going to be one of slow decline. Perhaps he sees getting back into the game as a way to pick things back up, when really it just leads to more tension, trouble, and the unraveling of his marriage.

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:29 AM

the trailer showed that michael might split up with amanda for some time during the story

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 02:50)

They always go to the black guy for the sassy one liners lmao

Grrrr
  • Grrrr

Drunk Russian

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:32 AM

I'm just gunna say this here.

Micheal is more psychotic than Trevor.
Don't ask me how I know.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE (Bonnano @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 23:04)
I instantly fell in love with Trevor's black jogging suit, who else?

Me!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users