When parked airplanes blows up for nothing

11 replies to this topic
OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:27 AM

Damn Rustler had to blow up in my face and kill me. It's a FP/EP Rustler I have stored in San Fierro impound, and I temporarily moved it out of the garage so that it would not get replaced by random car spawns while I moved a freshly acquired Police Maverick from the outside.

I used a police car and GENTLY pushed the Rustler out of the garage, no bumps and no problems. It was a straight forward push and only a few meters, so I didn't see the need for pushing it by hand or starting it up. I already knew these things are fragile and I was very cautious.

After I had brutally pushed the helicopter inside the garage (helicopters can take some serious beating, I had to ram it several times to get it moving and they never blow up when I do this), I used the police car and gently tried to push the Rustler back. It didn't move as easily as the first time, so I gave the car a little more throttle (without bumping into it). It started to move, but it also started to smoke and I immediately stopped, thinking I'd have to push it by hand. I thought I had stopped the car in time but everything blew up before I could say cake and killed me.

When I first brought the Rustler here, I used a Towtruck and JUMPED from the airport, the plane got really beaten up and smoked a lot but it didn't explode. Why is it so incredible fragile sometimes? Damn! dontgetit.gif

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:48 AM

Pushing it by hand is by far the safest way to move the rustler, even with the towtruck some sudden moves might make it blowup. One thing that might help you is trying to store a towtruck next to the rustler so that when you push the Police maverick you might be able to push the rustler with it. One thing though I never tried it much but I think the SF impound doesn't deal very well with the small helicopters. I don't say it won't work but you might have a hard time doing it I have always used the LS impound or the LV impound to do this.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:31 AM

Why bother? The SF impound is wide enough to comfortably taxi the Rustler around.
The only problem is that the yard outside is a bit too small for take-off.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (fnxrak @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 02:48)
One thing though I never tried it much but I think the SF impound doesn't deal very well with the small helicopters. I don't say it won't work but you might have a hard time doing it I have always used the LS impound or the LV impound to do this.

I've watched your video where you tow a Rustler from the airport to the impound, I was amazed it didn't blow up because you drove very fast on the uneven terrain beside the railroad tracks.

It's unbelievable how much abuse planes can take when they're being towed, and also unbelievable how fast they get destroyed when not towed. And helicopters don't care if they're towed or not - they're sturdy as a firetruck. I tried to crash a PolMav to death with a police car, and the car bit the dust first.
It all makes sense??? sarcasm.gif Not.

In my limited experience the SF impound have dealt fine with the PolMav.

QUOTE (GTA Phreak @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 09:31)
Why bother? The SF impound is wide enough to comfortably taxi the Rustler around.
The only problem is that the yard outside is a bit too small for take-off.

You're right, but I did it the easy way lol. I didn't even know it was risky when I was as careful as I was. And it should not be risky. Normally planes start to smoke long before their health is depleted, but I got no such warning.
Don't take any more "safe" shortcuts... suicidal.gif

One time I almost managed to clear the wall when I took off with the Rustler in the yard. It could perhaps be possible for a skilled and lucky pilot, but I lack the "skilled" part.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

Why not just park it at the aircraft graveyard? It's way much easier.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE (OG Viking @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 10:25)
I was amazed it didn't blow up because you drove very fast on the uneven terrain beside the railroad tracks.

Actually after a lot of practice I've come to a point where it actually felt safer to travel with the rustler faster than slower. Just avoid the tracks at maximum they usually blow the plane pretty fast.

QUOTE (chapapote @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 11:46)

It was done before the aircraft graveyard was available, in fact I've done it before the first mission.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:29 AM

San Andreas has some rather unusual damage rules, although none of the ones I'm aware of explain your observations. A fully immune plane will explode when making a hard landing in water. Also, a fully immune boat will still take damage when the bottom scrapes across the ground or ramps used for jumps. Perhaps something similar is causing the sudden explosion of your aircraft.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:43 AM

I remember that I had entered the Rustler by mistake before I was to push it back. This must explain why it didn't roll as easily as expected. I don't know if it explains the sudden explosion, there should have been a warning sign.
I have driven other Rustlers fast enough to bail out, watch them crash against the wall but they didn't explode before I had emptied a whole Tec-9 clip into them.

QUOTE (chapapote @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 12:46)

As fnxrak said, the graveyard is not available. But my rant was on how easily an airplane can blow up with no warning. The impound has little to do with it (a moderator have added that to the topic subtitle). I could have found a reason to push the plane at the graveyard too.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 03:29)
San Andreas has some rather unusual damage rules,

And not always very logical!

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:35 AM

Airplanes have a tendency to explode in the blink of an eye, whereas helicopters, boats, cars, & motorcycles always signify first. Unless I want to make a long distance trip (such as Prickle Pine to Angel Pine) quickly, I try to avoid airplanes. With gunshots, airplanes are just as durable as helicopters, boats, cars, & motorcycles; with collisions, airplanes are outlandishly fragile.

V8 Engine
  • V8 Engine

Peon

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:44 AM

In just 16 days well be experiencing San Andread at a newlevel

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

I've come to realize airplanes will blow up if you so much as dent them, if they've suffered considerable damage already.

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:01 PM Edited by Aintgottime2bleed, 10 November 2013 - 03:01 PM.

I've come to realize airplanes will blow up if you so much as dent them, if they've suffered considerable damage already.

I think you right since sometimes u see the damage easily on a plane but sometimes not 

( no real life damage thing like bump plane nose against wall but u see no damage, cuz only certain parts will damage like the roof of a car never damages like you roll over and roof is gone ). So that let you think theres no damage on your airplane but meanwhile 80% health gone. Im not 100% sure but this seems logical.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users