Quantcast

» «
Photo

How do modders learn how to creat mods ?

7 replies to this topic
Quagmire123
  • Quagmire123

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:38 AM

I've always wanted to make my own mods but it's too complicated how the codes work and everything seems impossible. So how do coders and hackers understand everything about modding ?

uNi
  • uNi

instantrum

• None

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:43 AM

You could start by taking a look around our tutorial section.

ED-E
  • ED-E

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE (Quagmire123 @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 01:38)
I've always wanted to make my own mods but it's too complicated how the codes work and everything seems impossible. So how do coders and hackers understand everything about modding ?

We learn.

You should take uNi's advice and head over to the tutorial section if you want to learn how to create modifications.
  • abccba123 likes this

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

I myself began my modding by trying to improve a speedometer, which actually had not been the problem which I was facing. I then, slowly, advanced further and further with coding, doing simple things, making test scripts how stuff works, and then combining all the techniques I've learned into one compilation to make a script.

If you got passion and enough determination, it's easy to begin modding!

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:18 AM Edited by fastman92, 30 August 2013 - 07:21 AM.

Nobody knows everything.
Good programmers are not always good modelers or mappers.
But asking this question I'm not sure if you can make anything. Possibly something simple if at all.
As a matter of fact i began by editing existing CLEO scripts using Sanny Builder without reading tutorials. I knew PHP at that time.
Soon after that i created my first released script called "Car spawner 1.0" on gtagarage.com

xNCx
  • xNCx

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:55 AM

I agree, the best way is to start with modifying an already created mod (start with something easy). Then only read, read, read tutorials and finally try to do anything and ask whatever you want on gtaf.

MW_29
  • MW_29

i came to play

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

I agree with guys. Learning by basing on already created mods is essential, then modifying it, then thinking about Your own ideas, and finally trying to implement them. Me myself didn't read tuts almost at all, everything i know in relation to coding stuff is what i understood by myself while messing with other peoples mods, and after when i had some knowledge and idea how to do it, i created my own modifications. Also a huge recommendation is Sanny Builder, it is very user friendly , also gtamodding.com and opcode database by Deji smile.gif

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:36 PM

What was always a bigger mindf*ck for me was how the memory hack c++ mods are done, when I read the script it's just bunch of crap to me and I have no idea how it's made, compared to regular scm/cleo scripts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users