• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic
jameznash
  • jameznash

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

lol.gif I thought the post was about a poster on the back of a bus or on the side.

Not the ENTIRE bus top to bottom. That's cool.

theface
  • theface

PSN: PaulTheFace

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (niko bellic half brother @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 00:38)
Why do we never get this sh*t in the UK?

The f*cking game is MADE here....

Apparently this has been seen today at the Metro shopping centre in Newcastle. GTA V Hummer.

user posted image

TyphoonJames
  • TyphoonJames

King Cobra

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:14 PM

That's a pretty extensive bus ad. Over here (UK) I've only seen ads either on the entire back of a bus or a banner on the side. Not the whole side of a bus. Blimey!

6.3 AMG
  • 6.3 AMG

V8 Fetishist

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

What an epic ad! This is one of the reasons I f*cking love Rockstar.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE ([DRuG]Smallo @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 14:22)
No it wasn't it was only posted about 2 hours ago.

Yes, this was already posted a long time before this thread was made.

The original topic: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=579176

May as well lock this one up. icon14.gif

ONEkingscar
  • ONEkingscar

The stealth toker

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

lol australia of all places!

GR0VEST4L1FE
  • GR0VEST4L1FE

Grand Theft Auto V/Online best player on Xbox 360/Xbox Live

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (theface @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 11:04)
QUOTE (niko bellic half brother @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 00:38)
Why do we never get this sh*t in the UK?

The f*cking game is MADE here....

Apparently this has been seen today at the Metro shopping centre in Newcastle. GTA V Hummer.

user posted image

Stop taking photos of my car mad.gif

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 02:53)
You know what I never understood?

Why R* suck at marketing.

Not only is their marketing extremely inconsistent, but they do a poor job of selling the game to casual gamers.
If you're going to put ads up on buses & buildings, show off something amazing about the game. I hate to break it to R*,
but people that don't already know enough about GTAV to make the decision of buying it or not, are sure as hell not
going to be swayed by some artwork of a blonde taking a selfy on the beach. Who exactly will be intrigued by such ads?
Nobody that doesn't already know about V, that's who.

You are not studying marketing, no doubt.
R* is doing a great marketing strategy with V. They are keeping every rule of the strategy they used for this game and after all I have seen they are getting a great result for it. By the way Apple and some other companies are using the same strategy like R* did for V. It's called anticipation marketing strategy. In short ... the company is giving the customer as little informations as possible, but these informations have to be really good picked, because their work is to create a hype for the product.
That's also so strategy about that many fans were angry about, because of the lack of the information. That has also been part of it.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (DS 17 @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 15:45)

Not only is their marketing extremely inconsistent, but they do a poor job of selling the game to casual gamers.
If you're going to put ads up on buses & buildings, show off something amazing about the game. I hate to break it to R*,
but people that don't already know enough about GTAV to make the decision of buying it or not, are sure as hell not
going to be swayed by some artwork of a blonde taking a selfy on the beach. Who exactly will be intrigued by such ads?

R* is doing a great marketing strategy with V. They are keeping every rule of the strategy they used for this game and after all I have seen they are getting a great result for it. By the way Apple and some other companies are using the same strategy like R* did for V. It's called anticipation marketing strategy. In short ... the company is giving the customer as little informations as possible, but these informations have to be really good picked, because their work is to create a hype for the product.
That's also so strategy about that many fans were angry about, because of the lack of the information. That has also been part of it.

I really don't think you got my point. You only answered a portion of my post. You should read my 2nd post I made in this thread. Somebody that doesn't know about GTA is going to see that "dumb beach blonde" artwork on the bus, and they won't know what the f*ck kind of game it is. That's my point that nobody seems to be getting. They have extremely poor ad picture choices. Seeing a blonde taking a selfy won't make people want to own that game, and I imagine it won't make anybody research "Grand Theft Auto V" because they will just write it off since its a girl with a camera.

I don't know how much clearer I can be. People don't care about the artwork that R* has chosen to showcase.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 16:32)

I really don't think you got my point. You only answered a portion of my post. You should read my 2nd post I made in this thread. Somebody that doesn't know about GTA is going to see that "dumb beach blonde" artwork on the bus, and they won't know what the f*ck kind of game it is. That's my point that nobody seems to be getting. They have extremely poor ad picture choices. Seeing a blonde taking a selfy won't make people want to own that game, and I imagine it won't make anybody research "Grand Theft Auto V" because they will just write it off since its a girl with a camera.

I don't know how much clearer I can be. People don't care about the artwork that R* has chosen to showcase.

Yeah, V isn't going to break sales records.

Durden
  • Durden

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (Showstopper 26 @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 17:03)
QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 16:32)

Yeah, V isn't going to break sales records.

Yet another user replying with an irrelevant response, and you're even being sarcastic. That makes you look bad when you're wrong, like in this instance.

A lot of people know about GTAV. These bus ads are targeting people that do not know about GTAV. These people will see the ad, and it won't affect their desire to have the game. Why would they want a video game that's about a blonde chick taking pictures on the beach?

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

How can I take you seriously? No offense, I'm not trying to be difficult here, but I'm sure Rockstar has credited people running their PR. Who are you?

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

That has to be a *Busways* Bus biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Nice find.

Rockstar Cake
  • Rockstar Cake

Danny Longlegs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:56 PM Edited by Rockstar Cake, 30 August 2013 - 11:58 PM.

QUOTE (iNero @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 02:57)
What is this sh*t???
I posted this a few hours ago and the thread was deleted... and now this one canstay open?
Nothing against OP but this is just pathetic..

Hey man, I don't know why that kind of stuff happens. Kudos to you for finding it first cookie.gif

Oh yeah, and to all the kids fighting on here: I didn't start this topic to hear you bicker about whether Rockstar's marketing is good or not. Fact of the matter is, their sales are breaking records and the game isn't even out yet. If that isn't good marketing, I don't know what is. But don't clutter this thread with useless babble, discuss the bus. That's what it's for icon14.gif

Verdant
  • Verdant

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:06 AM

Nice! Hopefully I see some marketing of GTA V around Melbourne. It's still good to see some marketing of the game in my country smile.gif .

mdr279
  • mdr279

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE (GtaOutKast @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 10:06)
Nice! Hopefully I see some marketing of GTA V around Melbourne. It's still good to see some marketing of the game in my country smile.gif .

I want to see a tram covered in one of those ads, just like IV!

GTAIVman
  • GTAIVman

Realistic Steak Fan

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:07 AM

Love it inlove.gif

TheTerminatorNY
  • TheTerminatorNY

Saxon = Joke Account

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 17:20)
A lot of people know about GTAV. These bus ads are targeting people that do not know about GTAV. These people will see the ad, and it won't affect their desire to have the game. Why would they want a video game that's about a blonde chick taking pictures on the beach?

No, these ads are not targeting people who do not know about GTA V. Like I said before, that is what trailers, commercials, interviews, previews, magazine ads, etc. are for. Mobile ads on buses, trucks, taxi cabs, and the like are aimed at impulse buyers and to remind people of the upcoming release.

Marketing firms get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars and do years of research on how to advertise products. Do you actually believe you know more than them on how to sell a product?

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE (Showstopper 26 @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 21:23)
How can I take you seriously? No offense, I'm not trying to be difficult here, but I'm sure Rockstar has credited people running their PR. Who are you?

He's your typical forum pseudo intellectual. Someone who thinks they know what they are talking about but simply don't. A simple one semester course in Marketing would alleviate all of his ignorance on the topic. He is grossly underestimating word of mouth and the element of curiosity.

Yes it is true that banners, billboards, and small ads placed here and there will be overlooked because they are so common. However! Entirely pained buses, Hummers, and other vehicles displaying one ad is not a common site, People will most likely want to know why this particular ad is being so heavily advertised.

Posters on a wall are often overlooked, Giant murals are not. Rockstar's marketing is top notch and you don't have to take my word for it the proof is in the pudding. Rocksars pre orders are already sky rocket, their previous titles sold millions upon millions. I mean what more evidence could you possibly need?

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 21:20)
Why would they want a video game that's about a blonde chick taking pictures on the beach?

This further shows you ignorance of not only marketing but also the targeted demographic.

The gaming consumer base is primarily heterosexual adolescent boys and young men. They are going to want to play a game with hot chicks. Have you ever played a fighting game. Notice the strange proportions on the women? Isn't it strange that these games still fly off the shelf. Almost every game featuring a female lead the female is scantly clad. This is for a reason. It sales.

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:54 AM

I love how they've managed to put this logo on the bus.

user posted image

Durden
  • Durden

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (Zinthaniel @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 23:36)
QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 21:20)
Why would they want a video game that's about a blonde chick taking pictures on the beach?

This further shows you ignorance of not only marketing but also the targeted demographic.

The gaming consumer base is primarily heterosexual adolescent boys and young men. They are going to want to play a game with hot chicks. Have you ever played a fighting game. Notice the strange proportions on the women? Isn't it strange that these games still fly off the shelf. Almost every game featuring a female lead the female is scantly clad. This is for a reason. It sales.

Probably the most valid point yet. Still, the ad seems to sell V as a game where women are a key theme, which they are not. Crime is, and that would look much more exciting than a Beach Blonde.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013
    Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Helpfulness Award [GTAF]

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:14 PM

Post it in the Advertisments topic please, we're collecting them all there now icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users