52 replies to this topic
Rockstar Cake
  • Rockstar Cake

Danny Longlegs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:33 AM

user posted image

I guess the marketing's not just in NY and LA.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:34 AM

Sweet.

Cysiek
  • Cysiek

1+1=69

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:34 AM

Dan Houser inside?

Rockstar Cake
  • Rockstar Cake

Danny Longlegs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE (Cysiek @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 00:34)
Dan Houser inside?

cookie.gif

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:38 AM

Why do we never get this sh*t in the UK?

The f*cking game is MADE here....

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:53 AM

You know what I never understood?

Why R* suck at marketing.

Not only is their marketing extremely inconsistent, but they do a poor job of selling the game to casual gamers.
If you're going to put ads up on buses & buildings, show off something amazing about the game. I hate to break it to R*,
but people that don't already know enough about GTAV to make the decision of buying it or not, are sure as hell not
going to be swayed by some artwork of a blonde taking a selfy on the beach. Who exactly will be intrigued by such ads?
Nobody that doesn't already know about V, that's who.

RastaMentality
  • RastaMentality

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 00:53)

Not only is their marketing extremely inconsistent, but they do a poor job of selling the game to casual gamers.
If you're going to put ads up on buses & buildings, show off something amazing about the game. I hate to break it to R*,
but people that don't already know enough about GTAV to make the decision of buying it or not, are sure as hell not
going to be swayed by some artwork of a blonde taking a selfy on the beach. Who exactly will be intrigued by such ads?

You cant do much on a bus ad.

05-BROCKY-05
  • 05-BROCKY-05

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:57 AM

I must find this bus, i hope there's a Michael, Franklin and Trevor bus.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I AM LOS SANTOS'S RECKONING

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:59 AM

They suck at marketing??!!?? It's setting preorder records and they got the green light from the investors to spend over 5 years and hundreds of millions of dollars developing one game. Your point is unfounded and ridiculous...

JonRenemy
  • JonRenemy

Greater Than Great

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:05 AM

This is WHY R* are so good at marketing!
It's all about the cloak and dagger.

Do you go home wondering what the hell something is all about, if you've seen EVERYTHING about it?

NO!

You go home thinking about a weird and wonderful statement written on a wall in huge letters.... you think about the random colours splattered all over the ground for no reason in the middle of a shopping center....

If you knew why these bizarre works of "art" were made, would you think about it as much?

The point is advertising on a mainstream scale is all about getting Mr Joe Public curious about a product. He sees this bus on his commute every day for a month and suddenly thinks HOLY sh*t I NEED THIS CONSOLE DON'T I???!!

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:24 AM Edited by gionascm2, 30 August 2013 - 01:26 AM.

QUOTE (JonRenemy @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 21:05)

Do you go home wondering what the hell something is all about, if you've seen EVERYTHING about it?

NO!

You go home thinking about a weird and wonderful statement written on a wall in huge letters.... you think about the random colours splattered all over the ground for no reason in the middle of a shopping center....

If you knew why these bizarre works of "art" were made, would you think about it as much?

The point is advertising on a mainstream scale is all about getting Mr Joe Public curious about a product. He sees this bus on his commute every day for a month and suddenly thinks HOLY sh*t I NEED THIS CONSOLE DON'T I???!!

I really think you're overestimating people's curiosity. I highly doubt that, if you hardly played video games let alone heard about the GTA series, and saw this bus one day, you wouldn't take a second glance. You'd likely think to yourself, "Pshh, what the f*ck kind of games are releasing these days? This looks like Photography Simulator 2013". You would have no clue that GTAV is the game of all games.

ugotsmoked, your post is irrelevant to what I stated. Their marketing sucks all 8 of Squidward's testicles. Read the earlier bit of this post, and you should understand.

Rastamentality, Anything would be better than a f*cking blonde taking a selfy. That artwork is completely irrelevant to anything GTAV is about. That artwork won't entice people to look into GTAV. Some explosions to make it look like Michael Bay made a video game, would.

Mk4013
  • Mk4013

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:40 AM

They got one of the best selling franchises.
Yeah i'm sure they suck at marketing. rolleyes.gif

TheTerminatorNY
  • TheTerminatorNY

Saxon = Joke Account

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 21:24)
I really think you're overestimating people's curiosity. I highly doubt that, if you hardly played video games let alone heard about the GTA series, and saw this bus one day, you wouldn't take a second glance. You'd likely think to yourself, "Pshh, what the f*ck kind of games are releasing these days? This looks like Photography Simulator 2013".  You would have no clue that GTAV is the game of all games.

ugotsmoked, your post is irrelevant to what I stated. Their marketing sucks all 8 of Squidward's testicles. Read the earlier bit of this post, and you should understand.

Rastamentality, Anything would be better than a f*cking blonde taking a selfy. That artwork is completely irrelevant to anything GTAV is about. That artwork won't entice people to look into GTAV. Some explosions to make it look like Michael Bay made a video game, would.

Rockstar Games have long been known to have some of the best marketing in the industry. Bus advertisements, taxi advertisements, etc. aren't meant to inform people about the product. That's what trailers, commercials, interviews, previews, etc. are for. Mobile advertisements are meant to entice impulse buyers. They see the bus/taxi drive buy, they remember the game is coming out/has recently come out and they go buy it/pre-order.

That is what mobile advertising is about. The simpler it is, the more effective it is. It's going to drive by and be out of a person's site within seconds. The less there is, the more people remember.

Fallout3
  • Fallout3

Cereal Killer

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:53 AM

Damn I wish I saw that. There isn't as much marketing as there was when GTA IV came out. They literally hogged every billboard at the airports, train stations, highways etc. in Sydney back in 2008.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I AM LOS SANTOS'S RECKONING

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:35 AM

Sex sells. Plus Heisenberg disagrees with you.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:57 AM

What is this sh*t???
I posted this a few hours ago and the thread was deleted... and now this one canstay open?
Nothing against OP but this is just pathetic..

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:58 AM

This was posted a day ago.

Smallo92
  • Smallo92

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:22 AM

No it wasn't it was only posted about 2 hours ago.

Nemesis2252
  • Nemesis2252

Arch Enemy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:27 AM

i kinda feel like this isnt news about GTA 5... just a regular discussion topic of GTA5

05-BROCKY-05
  • 05-BROCKY-05

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:06 AM

QUOTE (Nemesis2252 @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 13:27)
i kinda feel like this isnt news about GTA 5... just a regular discussion topic of GTA5

Could say the same for the mural threads in the news section. It's news to me.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:19 AM Edited by Audiophile, 30 August 2013 - 04:22 AM.

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 00:53)

Weren't you the one saying R*'s marketing is amazing a few weeks back when the murals first went up?

And as stated, not much they can do with a bus.

As for your other point, R* has a bit of an ego so....

Why spent a lot of money on marketing when your fan-base does it for you and you have a well established IP. I guess that's what R* figures.

The trailer we got today is going to air during Breaking Bad on Sunday and millions of people view that every week. So there's that, too.

Fallout3
  • Fallout3

Cereal Killer

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:36 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 01:24)
QUOTE (JonRenemy @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 21:05)

NO!

I really think you're overestimating people's curiosity. I highly doubt that, if you hardly played video games let alone heard about the GTA series, and saw this bus one day, you wouldn't take a second glance. You'd likely think to yourself, "Pshh, what the f*ck kind of games are releasing these days? This looks like Photography Simulator 2013". You would have no clue that GTAV is the game of all games.

Then what the hell do you expect them to do? You could pretty much apply your logic to every advertisement/billboard you see. My gosh.

zielo
  • zielo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

That's out the front of my work, wish i saw it!

ChillyPhilly
  • ChillyPhilly

Rock 'n' roll stops the traffic.

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:32 AM Edited by ChillyPhilly, 30 August 2013 - 01:52 PM.

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 11:23)

To be honest, only dumb people don't know what GTA is or is about.

Heath_89
  • Heath_89

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

Haha that looks so cool!

ucntkillwhatsdead
  • ucntkillwhatsdead

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (niko bellic half brother @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 00:38)
Why do we never get this sh*t in the UK?

The f*cking game is MADE here....

Maybe that's the reason.
Everyone knows that it's a British Game, I don't think i ever spoken to a person in UK that doesn't know about Gta.

Granted it will be great to have billboard on the Big Ben or something...although it'll be stupidly expensivand useless

Kipsta77
  • Kipsta77

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:01 AM

Can't wait to see something in Melbourne!! Will post pics if I happen to take some shots! icon14.gif

Beanz420
  • Beanz420

Puff Puff Pass

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:25 AM

Re-Post!!!
the bus was posted yesterday in here: http://www.gtaforums...=570548&st=1140

Beanz420
  • Beanz420

Puff Puff Pass

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 02:57)
What is this sh*t???
I posted this a few hours ago and the thread was deleted... and now this one canstay open?
Nothing against OP but this is just pathetic..

the bus was posted yesterday in here: http://www.gtaforums...=570548&st=1140

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

I wish I was in Sydney

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users