Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

The Scarface soundtrack in Flash FM.

? The Scarface soundtrack was on Flashback 95.6, Flash FM was a radio station in Vice City. :p

@Charles Phipps: Brilliant review and I think you hit the nail on the head with a lot of your points. Especially that the cheat codes can be really entertaining if one happens to be bored.

Charles Phipps
  • Charles Phipps

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

While cheating can really remove a lot of the fun of a game, I also consider it to be an anti-frustration feature. That the game allows you to move on if you're stuck.

Anywho, I really loved GTA 3 and am glad I played it--even if it was a decade late.

Thanks guys for your insights.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

I'm glad that you enjoyed the game Charles, I personally really enjoy playing the game even today, 12 years after the original debut. Personally, I don't use cheats as I think that they take away skill in missions and side missions, they are only acceptable in my opinion when they are used outside of a playthrough (So, when no missions are going on and you don't intend to save) but anyway, I have strong views on certain elements of the game mainly due to my knowledge and experience, you'd feel the same if you were me ;)

• Charles Phipps likes this

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

Yeah I think cheats are cool for messing around. Like a lot of co-op games I play with my friend Max, we play through the game cheat free (and still messing around) then afterwards we might use cheats to screw around further.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

Yeah I think cheats are cool for messing around. Like a lot of co-op games I play with my friend Max, we play through the game cheat free (and still messing around) then afterwards we might use cheats to screw around further.

Yeah, thats what I believe Cheats are good for, messing around outside of the storyline and side missions instead of using them to help you progress through the game.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

Yo!

Got a bit bored with San Andreas, so decided to start GTA 3 (on PS2).

And I was pleasantly surprised as to how great the game is.

It's lot better than I remembered.

The city looks very nice, in an old skool way, and the missions are much more forgiving than in SA. And the town has nice ambience to it.

It has been more than ten years since I played this, so it feels like a first time all over again. (and that is the reason I put this post here)

So, GTA3 is rather good sandbox game, and recommended playing for people who like to wander around imaginary towns.

OhHeyBro
  • OhHeyBro

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

Good: Great and memorable soundtrack, good story, interesting protagonist, good map which is unlocked as the story goes (I miss the old blocked off islands of the old games)

Bad: Basically the lack of features the later games have like swimming, interiors etc, but how can that be a real flaw? It's an old game :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users