Console version better than PC version?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
139 replies to this topic
chr0ne
  • chr0ne

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (Masterfocker @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 21:15)
QUOTE (TheAdmiester @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 21:13)
Actually it's called truth.

O rly?

Tell me more about how your awesome gaming rig will be playing GTA 5 better than me in a couple weeks.

Go on. I'll wait.

You see guys like you are the reason some guys start to hate all console players.
And guys like you are the reason console players start to hate PC players.

Finite
  • Finite

Lazarus

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (afk4ever @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 19:52)
QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 19:47)
you looking like an idiot.

Hypocrite.

Read the initial post. At the end, it says to keep the replies logical.

My reply was founded in logic where as your biased and quite frankly moronic opinions served to do the opposite of what you intended.

Also, work on your grammar, it's appalling.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (TheAdmiester @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 21:16)

O rly?

Tell me more about how your awesome gaming rig will be playing GTA 5 better than me in a couple weeks.

Go on. I'll wait.

It will be, just not in a couple of weeks.

Oh, not in a couple of weeks you say? Well, I guess that means that you won't be playing when we'll be playing.

So, how is it supposed to be better? Thin air is supposed to be better than GTA 5? I'm confused.

How is that supposed to work? Is it special air?

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Saywha'?

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (Masterfocker @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 21:20)

O rly?

Go on. I'll wait.

Oh, not in a couple of weeks you say? Well, I guess that means that you won't be playing when we'll be playing.

So, how is it supposed to be better? Thin air is supposed to be better than GTA 5? I'm confused.

GTA 5 PC is better than GTA 5 console. I'm buying it for 360 to tide me over until it comes out for PC, then it'll be PC all the way. The way it's meant to be played, if you will.

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (Vugo @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 17:15)
I hate these stupid idiots who hate on PC, and say all it has is "better graphics", and then they will proceed into buying one of the new consoles that are coming out soon. The new consoles will have nothing but better graphics, so why bother even buying it? Oh yeah, because people are a bunch of hypocrites, they say building a PC for better graphics is pointless, but buying a new console for the same god damned reason isn't. Absolute morons.

The new consoles will have nothing but better graphics dozingoff.gif ..... That's the type of stupidity some(not all) pc gamers portray.

New consoles make the os faster, recording feature, New games, more people online, games have more features etc.

Difference between console and pc version? Quality of multiplayer and mostly graphics, console it's pretty good enough for most people so they don't care about the rest.

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (TheAdmiester @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 17:21)

O rly?

Go on. I'll wait.

GTA 5 PC is better than GTA 5 console. I'm buying it for 360 to tide me over until it comes out for PC, then it'll be PC all the way. The way it's meant to be played, if you will.

R* Disagrees.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (TheAdmiester @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 21:21)

O rly?

Go on. I'll wait.

What GTA 5 PC? I don't see it, do you? Google doesn't bring anything up, neither does R*.

So, how can something that doesn't exist be better than something that does exist?

The way I see it:

Console > Nothing

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Saywha'?

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (Crimson Flam3s @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 21:23)
QUOTE (TheAdmiester @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 17:21)

O rly?

Go on. I'll wait.

R* Disagrees.

No, it's more like Rockstar knows that the consoles are the biggest cash cow, so they want to stagger GTA 5's release by getting it out on consoles, making huge sales and likely breaking records, then releasing it for PC, where the market is potentially smaller (with consoles being easier to setup for gaming than PCs, it's likely console games sell more), but many people who were waiting for the PC version will rebuy and give Rockstar a sh*tload MORE income.

SesameStPimp
  • SesameStPimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (TheAdmiester @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 21:21)

O rly?

Go on. I'll wait.

icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

Vugo
  • Vugo

An user with an actual, functional brain.

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (Crimson Flam3s @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 21:22)
I hate these stupid idiots who hate on PC, and say all it has is "better graphics", and then they will proceed into buying one of the new consoles that are coming out soon. The new consoles will have nothing but better graphics, so why bother even buying it? Oh yeah, because people are a bunch of hypocrites, they say building a PC for better graphics is pointless, but buying a new console for the same god damned reason isn't. Absolute morons.

The new consoles will have nothing but better graphics dozingoff.gif ..... That's the type of stupidity some(not all) pc gamers portray.

New consoles make the os faster, recording feature, New games, more people online, games have more features etc.

Difference between console and pc version? Quality of multiplayer and mostly graphics, console it's pretty good enough for most people so they don't care about the rest.

The only thing you mentioned that made any sense for anyone to even buy one of the new consoles, is the recording feature. And even then, no one needed that, a lot of people nowadays already records footage using capture cards or external recording devices. Everything else you mentioned makes no sense, what would be faster in the OS? Newer games that are going to be in both consoles mostly? More people online? Are you even aware that the older consoles will have more people online in it until 3 or 4 years later?

If you are going to use an argument to even give a reason to why you should buy one of the new consoles, at least make sense. Only thing new that matters about the new consoles is the hardware, and everyone knows it, and besides, the recording feature will probably be barely used, considering on how a lot of people like to have external files recorded, for easier editing.

finagle69
  • finagle69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (black_benz @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 11:54)
Other than graphics and FPS (which aren't terribly noticeable with GTA PC ports) I prefer console.

I prefer playing on a 50'' HD TV
I prefer using an Xbox 360 controller
I prefer lounging on the couch
I prefer being in my living room with surround sound/headset

I like certain games for PC, and I like certain games for console -- that's why I have both. However, I grew up playing GTA on console, the experience, for me, changes when I play it on PC (for the worse). I don't like using a keyboard/mouse to play, I don't like playing on a relatively small computer screen, I don't like having to deal with hackers, and pirates, I don't like having to deal with the uncertainty of mods/modding and I hate playing with hackers and modders in multiplayer.

Console is a much more refined, nostalgic, standardized, and cleaner experience for me. It brings me back to those days where I slobbered over the magic of GTA III on my PS2. Playing with friends on XBL is more interactive and intuitive for me.

Again, there are certain games I prefer on console and certain games I prefer on PC, GTA is definitely a console game for me.

My PC does all of this. Having my PC connected to my HDTV is awesome. Oh and I can use my wireless 360 controller as well.

That said, the PS3 version will be the best, as that's what I've pre-ordered. smile.gif

jonstunt
  • jonstunt

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (afk4ever @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 19:45)
The GTA 5 official trailer on YouTube had a whole bunch of console kids who were saying that the PC version (when it comes out) will not be as good as the console version.

As much as I would like to become outraged at reading these horrible opinions, I would like to ask this forum itself why some of you think the console version could possibly be any better than the PC version, let alone equally good.

I mean, really. The PC version has better graphics, better gameplay, better controls, better community, and pretty much everything else is much better.

Keep the replies clean, logical, and on-topic.

Well, who's PC are we talking about here? Some people may have a good point that the console version will be better, my console will play GTAV better than my PC.

I have a crappy 5 year old 2GB laptop for a PC. I don't need anything better because it's just used for surfing and email, the rest of my family have even less powerful PC's, but all have either PS3 or XBOX which are identical worldwide to everyone else's, come on it's not rocket science why developers prefer console systems!

Saying PC's are more powerful is relative to what sort of PC you have

Prestb97
  • Prestb97

Master of Laziness

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (Marcuskac @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 19:46)
Please lock this as fast as possible.
(PC player, waiting for the PC version, just don't want another pointless topic with a flame war.)

This icon14.gif

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Saywha'?

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (jonstunt @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 21:37)
The GTA 5 official trailer on YouTube had a whole bunch of console kids who were saying that the PC version (when it comes out) will not be as good as the console version.

As much as I would like to become outraged at reading these horrible opinions, I would like to ask this forum itself why some of you think the console version could possibly be any better than the PC version, let alone equally good.

I mean, really. The PC version has better graphics, better gameplay, better controls, better community, and pretty much everything else is much better.

Well, who's PC are we talking about here? Some people may have a good point that the console version will be better, my console will play GTAV better than my PC.

I have a crappy 5 year old 2GB laptop for a PC. I don't need anything better because it's just used for surfing and email, the rest of my family have even less powerful PC's, but all have either PS3 or XBOX which are identical worldwide to everyone else's, come on it's not rocket science why developers prefer console systems!

Saying PC's are more powerful is relative to what sort of PC you have

Your avatar is a perfect representation on this forum's stance of the question "is GTA better on console?"

Calanguento
  • Calanguento

Citizen

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:48 PM

What PC version?

Stewlil
  • Stewlil

Better when high

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

All you guys saying it won't come out on PC better be prepared to eat your own words when it does.

There is a decent amount of evidence to suggest that it will, someone made a thread with like 12 sourced points that strongly hint at a PC version.

Also every single (main) GTA has come out on PC, but is delayed a good 6 months at least after console release, they're following suit.

Someone please give me a good reason why it won't come out on PC.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (Stewlil @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 21:50)
All you guys saying it won't come out on PC better be prepared to eat your own words when it does.

There is a decent amount of evidence to suggest that it will, someone made a thread with like 12 sourced points that strongly hint at a PC version.

Also every single (main) GTA has come out on PC, but is delayed a good 6 months at least after console release, they're following suit.

No one's saying it won't come out on PC.

I am, however, taking every bit of enjoyment in making fun of and trolling PC elitists.

It's one of the many highlights of this forum.

JasonStatham
  • JasonStatham

★★★ PC ★★★

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (Calanguento @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 21:48)
What PC version?

Stop being a smartass.

GTAIVman
  • GTAIVman

Realistic Steak Fan

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

I plan on buying both the X360 version and PC version just like I did with IV. I do enjoy the PC version of IV much more than the console version. The only reason I'll play the console version is because my friends are on there. Otherwise, I'm enjoying Icenhancer 2.1 and LCPDFR and all the mods I have.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:54 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 29 August 2013 - 09:57 PM.

RDR didn`t come on PC, being the latest R* game.

Based on their latest game, I have one reason to believe GTA 5 won`t see a PC version.

Based on the history of their GTA games, there is a strong circumstantial that they`ll release PC anything between 9 months to 1/2 years.

Fledermausmaster
  • Fledermausmaster

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

The Console Version is the best we've got because there currently isn't a PC Version in existence. It's sure that a PC Version will come. We just have to wait like everytime.

Don't worry even when there won't be a Pc Version you could still play it very cheap. The XBOX360 and PS3 will be very cheap when the next-gen arrives.

Vugo
  • Vugo

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (Phyxsius- @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 21:54)

Based on their latest game, I have one reason to believe GTa 5 won`t see a PC version.

Based on the history of their GTA games, there is a strong circumstantial that they`ll release PC anything between 9 months to 1/2 years.

Max Payne 3 was their latest game, and it came out for the PC within 2 weeks.

chr0ne
  • chr0ne

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

Based on their latest game, I have one reason to believe GTa 5 won`t see a PC version.

Don't make someone explain again why RDR didn't come to PC, please.
There are many reasons.

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (Vugo @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 17:28)

The only thing you mentioned that made any sense for anyone to even buy one of the new consoles, is the recording feature. And even then, no one needed that, a lot of people nowadays already records footage using capture cards or external recording devices. Everything else you mentioned makes no sense, what would be faster in the OS? Newer games that are going to be in both consoles mostly? More people online? Are you even aware that the older consoles will have more people online in it until 3 or 4 years later?

If you are going to use an argument to even give a reason to why you should buy one of the new consoles, at least make sense. Only thing new that matters about the new consoles is the hardware, and everyone knows it, and besides, the recording feature will probably be barely used, considering on how a lot of people like to have external files recorded, for easier editing.

Have you ever used a ps3 or 360? the os is not that fast specially if you are playing and try to message someone. It's gonna be quick as hell compared to the old consoles. Not everyone uses a recording card it's expensive so I'm sure lot's of people will use that feature on ps4 regardless.

Yeah, new games will be coming out for both consoles but in a year or two mostly sport games or cod will be coming out on old consoles. I meant games will have the capacity of having more people online. I agree that new hardware is important too, and new hardware usually adds more features to the game.

I think this new console generation is long overdue, so I'm not saying ps3 and 360 are perfect but it's enough for most people until they see the advantages of new consoles and eventually buy them.

I'm not hating on the pc because I play on pc often but I don't understand why some pc players act as they were chosen by god, instead of seeing that some people simply don't care about better hardware and stuff. I play a lot of sport, and fighting games and the occasional cod(just because of split screen, bf is way better) and so I need split screen but some people don't care.

I say that the smartest thing to do is either having the best of both worlds or playing whatever fits your needs.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:01 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 29 August 2013 - 10:05 PM.

@Marcuskac and Vugo

My apologies, I forgot about Max Payne 3, since I had no interest in it. I guess it really depends on how gullible R* is about the "PC piracy" problems and/or how determined they are to milk the proverbial cow.

I, for one, WILL wait to see the PC reviews, so I don`t end up buying a sh*t console port like GTA 4.

[EDIT]What I really HATE about all of this, is the various versions and how all cost full price. Because, in the worst possible scenario, in which the PS4 version comes before the PC one, I will most likely need to buy THREE darn games, when, for a unified release date, I`d just buy the PC one and be done with. This is not even counting the inevitable DLC`s.

Stewlil
  • Stewlil

Better when high

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:01 PM

I see your point, however one would argue that LA Noire and Max Payne 3 were both released more recently than RDR and both saw PC releases.

But for the sake of staying on topic I think it's more appropriate and relevant if we look at just the GTA titles.

Vugo
  • Vugo

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (Crimson Flam3s @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 21:58)
QUOTE (Vugo @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 17:28)

Have you ever used a ps3 or 360? the os is not that fast specially if you are playing and try to message someone. It's gonna be quick as hell compared to the old consoles. Not everyone uses a recording card it's expensive so I'm sure lot's of people will use that feature on ps4 regardless.

Yeah, new games will be coming out for both consoles but in a year or two mostly sport games or cod will be coming out on old consoles. I meant games will have the capacity of having more people online. I agree that new hardware is important too, and new hardware usually adds more features to the game.

I think this new console generation is long overdue, so I'm not saying ps3 and 360 are perfect but it's enough for most people until they see the advantages of new consoles and eventually buy them.

I'm not hating on the pc because I play on pc often but I don't understand why some pc players act as they were chosen by god, instead of seeing that some people simply don't care about better hardware and stuff. I play a lot of sport, and fighting games and the occasional cod(just because of split screen, bf is way better) and so I need split screen but some people don't care.

I say that the smartest thing to do is either having the best of both worlds or playing whatever fits your needs.

I know you are not hating on the PC platform, I'm just saying that there are people out there who are hypocrites. They say they don't care about better graphics, but they are going to be the very first to purchase one of the new consoles, exactly because of the same reason.

I have 2 X360s, and I've used to sign XBL Gold, but when it expired something like 2 or 3 years ago, I just stopped using it for online gaming in general, mostly because I had just bought a new gaming PC back then, and didn't want to pay for a membership that I probably wouldn't be using often, but regardless, I still play 360 games once in a while, and I'll probably buy GTAV for it as soon as it comes out, but it just pisses me off when I see people talking sh*t and being hypocrites when pretty much 90% don't know what they're even saying, and trying to find excuses on why "Console is better".

Zeta87
  • Zeta87

Homeboy

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (Muffin_Man @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 21:46)

How would if have better gameplay not including mods? enlighten me also i have a gaming rig so don't call me a console fanboy

A good gameplay means smoothness in gaming experience too: good performance (60+ fps normally ), so game more playable.

This thread is for a good laugh, right?

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:26 PM Edited by Edward-Is-A-Flunky45, 29 August 2013 - 10:28 PM.

I have a 360 and a PC, gotta say, PC is better for gaming and for gamers. Better communication, better for shooters, better graphs quality, and better support for the competitive scene, as you can see on twitch the most watched games are League of Legends(PC) DotA 2 (PC) Hearthstone (PC) World of Warcraft (PC) and Starcraft 2 HotS(PC). GTAForums is a minority, we have millions of gamers watching streams daily (includes the asian scene as well), PC is basically better for everything related to games. I only play on a console to buy games that are exclusively for them. I only spend my time playing lots of DotA 2 and Starcraft II.

mattfab
  • mattfab

Pro

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:36 PM Edited by mattfab, 29 August 2013 - 10:39 PM.

QUOTE (afk4ever @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 14:45)

That's my opinion and I'm certainly not the only one who thinks this

I don't know if you're referring to everyone that owns a console (I assume the majority of people on these forums) as "console kids"'. But I have no real complaints, besides some graphic limitations, playing gta on consoles. I actually much prefer playing gta on consoles, and I have pc and xbox. Not only do the controls feel a lot better, but all the gta's are originally made for consoles, so I really enjoy the feel of gta on consoles. Also, when you drive and walk on gta on consoles, you can choose how fast you walk and drive with the sticks, but on the keyboard you just press keys. So I prefer consoles overall, and I'm definitely not a damn "console kid"

That's my opinion and I'm certainly not the only one who thinks this
And I'm not hating on the pc, I do like mods and everything, and I'm not disagreeing on graphics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users