Photo

The soundtrack is gonna get old real fast

350 replies to this topic
ed72o
  • ed72o

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:22 AM

Do you see how many people said they love the soundtrack? Did you know they're all 12? angry.gif

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:24 AM

There isn't enough old power ballads for me.

The only thing like it would be Chicago - If You Leave Me Now. I miss having songs like Toto - Africa or "Horse with No Name" in there to belt out singing to during ingame roadtrips... Kinda seems a bit heavily focused on pop stuff.

Innovention
  • Innovention

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:25 AM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 03:28)
QUOTE (StalinBballin @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 20:22)
^they aren't metal either. Clearly, "Jump" makes that point all to clear.

If VH were to be on the soundtrack, they'd be on radio rock Los Santos.
They aren't, so cut your losses and get on with your life.

This proves my point that you don't even know what you're talkin' about. Sit down.

For the time period, Van Halen WAS IN FACT CONSIDERED METAL. By many accounts, by credible people, Van Halen opened for Black Sabbath and blew them off the stage every night. Even Ozzy and Tony Iomi admitted it. This is known. Van Halen transitioned after Fair Warning and become more hard rock/radio friendly. Eddie changed the face of guitar and inspired a whole generation of whammy bar wanking, fretboard tapping wannabees. He also made Michael Jackson a crossover success, not to mention many, many other innovations, not only to music, but to music equipment. The most important guitarist the world was ever blessed with.

If there's no Van Halen in GTA V, then R* loses all credibility to be trusted to know what the music scene is in any place that they recreate for their games. Cali = Van Halen. L.A. = Van Halen. Not to mention all the other great bands, glam or not, all genres, that made L.A. what it is today. Another thing, VH was punk before punk was. You wanna throw out 'Jump', a #1 song that they had, for your argument, and it makes you look ignorant dude.

Another thing missing is beach songs. Where they? Oh that's right!! It looks like R* just wants to pander to the little 12 year old gangstas and screw over the 30-45 year old fans. Isn't that a C.O.D. tactic? We'll see how happy people are with the music ater about 6 months. You'll start seeing the complaints mount ten fold. It will probably be the biggest misstep in V because V may be a great game, but will be known for having the worst music of all GTA's.

Also, where Santana at? Latin flavor. What's that you say? DJ Poo? OOooohhh Yah!

Knowledge of the greatest band ever. Brings a tear to my eye. smile.gif

I agree though, get some f*cking VH in the game. If DLR can be in Vice City, why can't his better counter-part be in the game.

dp415263
  • dp415263

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:37 AM

I can't believe they didn't put any Social Distortion in this game.

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE (woggleman @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 04:01)
...plus I heard about a surf rock station....

Surf rock station? You're not just thinking about some confirmation of Wavves which is a lo-fi indie band, don't get me wrong I like them but I barely get a surf rock vibe off them. But if there is a surf rock station, they better have some DICK DALE.

Now that I think about it, the game can't be Southern California without f*cking DICK DALE the king of shredding! If he isn't in the soundtrack, this game will be an epic fail 0/100.

sarcasm.gif But seriously.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:03 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 30 August 2013 - 05:15 AM.

QUOTE (boxmonster @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 00:55)
QUOTE (woggleman @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 04:01)
...plus I heard about a surf rock station....

Surf rock station? You're not just thinking about some confirmation of Wavves which is a lo-fi indie band, don't get me wrong I like them but I barely get a surf rock vibe off them. But if there is a surf rock station, they better have some DICK DALE.

Now that I think about it, the game can't be Southern California without f*cking DICK DALE the king of shredding! If he isn't in the soundtrack, this game will be an epic fail 0/100.

sarcasm.gif But seriously.

Damn, now I'm really wanting a Surf Station to cruise in a boat with haha. confused.gif

To iTunes!

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:04 AM

Not the best, but there are some good songs. Has the entire soundtrack(all 240 tracks) been leaked?

StalinBballin
  • StalinBballin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE (dp415263 @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 04:37)
I can't believe they didn't put any Social Distortion in this game.

There's still hope.
I could totally see Mommys little monster on the punk station.

And seriously? Van Halen the greatest band ever?
No, ... Just no.

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:13 AM

QUOTE (GTAIVman @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 03:35)
If the soundtrack doesn't have music you wanted, doesn't mean it's bad.

Well said. Pretty amazing how many people have entered full-on bitching mode already, because their favorite band isn't in there? Are you people twelve years old or something? Maybe the game will have some music you've never heard before that you may actually like! But no no, these idiots just wants to hear the same stuff they've been listening to for years, because it makes them feel safe. It's pathetic that some people look at music this way.

growsinwater
  • growsinwater

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:24 AM

One of my favorite aspects of these games is being introduced to new music I've never heard, they're great about that sh*t. Plus the DJ Pooh station already consists of quite a few songs I've loved for most of my life so I'm happy with that and their reggae stations are always the sh*t.

Thank God there's no metal, that sh*t has no melody or harmony and is only good if you purposely wanna give yourself a migraine. I f*cking hate migraines.

Some of you sound like pussies crying over this sh*t, there's a lot of quality songs on here and there's still some that haven't leaked yet. Chill the f*ck out.

Chocolate88
  • Chocolate88

warsaw

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:32 AM

I have a playlist with 509 songs on Spotify, and I'm tired of all of them after 2 weeks. I listen to music at work at least an hour out of the day, commutes, and at home. I'm hoping these 240(?) songs, which I may hate 20% of, last much longer. This is considering I'll be playing V for the foreseeable future.

PS: I haven't looked at the music list yet, nor any spoilers/leaks. I want to find out when I play the game.

Bantri
  • Bantri

I'll kill as many animals in GTA as I damn well please

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:38 AM

I agree, I don't even know like any of them.

The Manta
  • The Manta

Gallantry is back

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:47 AM

Ten bucks says everyone complaining ends up downloading at least five songs off iTunes after playing the game.

Bonfire ForCrow
  • Bonfire ForCrow

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:49 AM

Download!? iTunes!? Ever hear about Spotify?

FromBrnoCity
  • FromBrnoCity

Don't call me guy, I have no peenus.I have nice new tits btw

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:27 AM

Hah, Im just happy for Rebel Radio, yees!

StalinBballin
  • StalinBballin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (Bantri @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 05:38)

...that's the point!

You haven't played the game, you don't even KNOW how the songs fit within the CONTEXT of the surrounding areas!

You may find a song that you never would've liked, but given the environment that you're in, and you see, when you hear that song, you remember where you were.

R* brings the deep & fimiliar cuts because they know such music exists. For instance, I've listen to Ceremony for years, seen them at small shows. I hope you enjoy their music on 9.17, even if you haven't heard of them.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:30 AM

ITT - the instant gratification generation.

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:32 AM

I love it cuhz..got atleast four urban radio stations..rap..old school west coast..soul withpam grier!!! and FUNK with bootsy collins!!!! You aint gotta like it bcuz.......you know the rest.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:32 AM

QUOTE (StalinBballin @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 07:28)
QUOTE (Bantri @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 05:38)

...that's the point!

You haven't played the game, you don't even KNOW how the songs fit within the CONTEXT of the surrounding areas!

You may find a song that you never would've liked, but given the environment that you're in, and you see, when you hear that song, you remember where you were.

R* brings the deep & fimiliar cuts because they know such music exists. For instance, I've listen to Ceremony for years, seen them at small shows. I hope you enjoy their music on 9.17, even if you haven't heard of them.

This is such a good point. icon14.gif icon14.gif

I didn't even think about it that way. How boring would it be if R* magically picked all your favorite songs? The songs I always remember from GTA games are songs I probably would've never knew about.

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:52 AM

Where are you guys getting all this info?

Nuggets
  • Nuggets

SenseiKOFF

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:23 AM

I find the soundtrack pretty good and long standing. SR 3 one the other hand had the worst soundtrack I've ever heard. Got tired of it in the first 6 hours.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE (Nuggets @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 08:23)
I find the soundtrack pretty good and long standing. SR 3 one the other hand had the worst soundtrack I've ever heard. Got tired of it in the first 6 hours.

Sr 3 and IV are pretty good. 2 had too much mall punk on it that sounds dated now.

GTA has always introduced people to music and underrated gems that they might not have had the chance to hear before. It would be boring if they just picked the known songs that everybody has heard millions of times.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE (Punk Noodles @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 05:13)
QUOTE (GTAIVman @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 03:35)
If the soundtrack doesn't have music you wanted, doesn't mean it's bad.

Well said. Pretty amazing how many people have entered full-on bitching mode already, because their favorite band isn't in there? Are you people twelve years old or something? Maybe the game will have some music you've never heard before that you may actually like! But no no, these idiots just wants to hear the same stuff they've been listening to for years, because it makes them feel safe. It's pathetic that some people look at music this way.

WE are living in an age where everything on the radio sounds the same and most of it is produced by the same 3 or 4 producers. Nobody wants to be introduced to anything new and unfamiliar anymore. Like I said in another thread if San Andreas were released today people would complain about everything.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

#pinklivesmatter

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:22 AM

I keep banging on about this but I kept saying Windowlicker would be perfect for GTA V and it made it in. It was also written under my avatar for ages.

I only read the tracklist for FlyLo and so far it's amazing.

Video is a satire on the way Hip Hop videos were going in USA. About bling and cursing and very materialistic things.

Miilan2010
  • Miilan2010

CE Owner as of 17th Sept.

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

Popular songs for rap? Are you kidding me? suicidal.gif

Hardly anyone has heard of half of the artists on the rap radio and the ones that they do know are really good tracks for the 'Grand Theft Auto' theme and gametype! The Game! Kendrick Lamar! Future! Granted I am a very big fan of rap music but the purpose of the GTA soundtrack is to give people good music to drive to and to recognise new artists!

tldr; I'm so hyped for A$AP's track, which i've hold off listening to online so I can experience it on the 17th! cool.gif

M4RK
  • M4RK

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

i hate IV's radios. it can only get better from there

CaliGangstar
  • CaliGangstar

Cuckoo Cuckoo

• The Precinct

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:43 AM Edited by CaliGangstar, 30 August 2013 - 09:52 AM.

This is the worst soundtrack from any GTA game for me personally. The classic stations are mostly fine (except the pop station but don't get me started on that). It's the modern stations that are garbage. The songs they chose do a horrible job of representing Southern California. It's a simple fact. I've spent most of my life in SoCal, so argue with me about it... bored.gif

The game is supposed to a fictionalized version of a place I have spent my entire life and the soundtrack they have chosen has created a massive disconnection.

Case in point being Ivan Pavlovich even said in the Rolling Stone interview that he thought that Wavves are one of the most exciting bands in the LA rock scene.... Only problem being that Wavves aren't f*cking from LA.

Oh and am I the only one who f*cking HATES how R* have gotten lazy and can't bother being creative and write interesting characters for the DJs anymore? They just have a bunch of celebrities and musicians playing themselves now. They literally couldn't even be bothered enough just to change the names of these people. In San Andreas Axl Rose was Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith; if he were in GTA V he would just be... Axl Rose... It's a f*cking joke.

CM_Nick
  • CM_Nick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

I dont know what the big deal is about the soundtrack its not what we should really be focusing on.

QualityPies
  • QualityPies

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (CaliGangstar @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 09:43)
This is the worst soundtrack from any GTA game for me personally. The classic stations are mostly fine (except the pop station but don't get me started on that). It's the modern stations that are garbage. The songs they chose do a horrible job of representing Southern California. It's a simple fact. I've spent most of my life in SoCal, so argue with me about it... bored.gif

The game is supposed to a fictionalized version of a place I have spent my entire life and the soundtrack they have chosen has created a massive disconnection.

Case in point being Ivan Pavlovich even said in the Rolling Stone interview that he thought that Wavves are one of the most exciting bands in the LA rock scene.... Only problem being that Wavves aren't f*cking from LA.

Oh and am I the only one who f*cking HATES how R* have gotten lazy and can't bother being creative and writing interesting characters for the DJs anymore? They just have a bunch of celebrities and musicians playing themselves now. They literally couldn't even be bothered enough just to change the names of these people. In San Andreas Axl Rose was Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith; if he were in GTA V he would just be... Axl Rose... It's a f*cking joke.

You may have a similar music taste as me as you have AnCo as your profile pic, and I am really psyched about the radio. Lots of stuff I never listened too. I trust Rockstar with this one.

CaliGangstar
  • CaliGangstar

Cuckoo Cuckoo

• The Precinct

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (QualityPies @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 01:52)
QUOTE (CaliGangstar @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 09:43)
This is the worst soundtrack from any GTA game for me personally. The classic stations are mostly fine (except the pop station but don't get me started on that). It's the modern stations that are garbage. The songs they chose do a horrible job of representing Southern California. It's a simple fact. I've spent most of my life in SoCal, so argue with me about it...  bored.gif

Oh and am I the only one who f*cking HATES how R* have gotten lazy and can't bother being creative and writing interesting characters for the DJs anymore? They just have a bunch of celebrities and musicians playing themselves now. They literally couldn't even be bothered enough just to change the names of these people. In San Andreas Axl Rose was Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith; if he were in GTA V he would just be... Axl Rose... It's a f*cking joke.

You may have a similar music taste as me as you have AnCo as your profile pic, and I am really psyched about the radio. Lots of stuff I never listened too. I trust Rockstar with this one.

I'm sure the soundtrack will have a lot of great songs. In fact I know it will. Just don't tell me that it's a great soundtrack that does a fantastic job of representing Cali atmosphere, because it isn't and doesn't. At least not half as well as it should.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users