GTAV Airports & Aviators

71 replies to this topic
s44rgg
  • s44rgg

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

PM me also. I am on 360.

Only had 4 PPL lessons but flew on every Flight sim since 95 and amassed many many thousand hours, primarily in PMDG's 737 and 747 ac.

JuankAirPilot
  • JuankAirPilot

playboyXkilled2pac

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:33 AM

Perhaps somebody could make up a couple of charts once we have the game?

I'll probably make multiples in V. Following flight paths adds a ton of realism to GTA as flying a route between LSX and San Fierro was always more fun than just taking off and flying directly to it in a straight line for 30 secs. 

I actually made charts for SA back in SA while I was still working on my ATP license in college. I had Daytime/Nightime, ILS/VFR approaches to all the major airports and I even developed enough skills in GTA Map Editor to add a few smaller airfields in smaller towns around the maps for feeder flights. Before I began flying in real life I took Flight Simulator very seriously and as huge as the world of FS is I just could never get away from the amount of detail that the GTA world has over it

So fellow aviators, with what aircraft will you mostly be sticking up with?

http://gtaforums.com...r/?p=1063185441

I'm craving the PC-12, Shamal and 767/A330 modeled aircraft. I also look forward to the array of Airlines available!

Ahh, fantastic! If you head over to the SA-MP San Andreas Pilots server at any time (www.sapilots.net), we built quite a few mainland airports and there's a page full of IFR charts and a live ATC RADAR. I can't imagine anything as complex as that coming to V soon, but if we can get some charts and a few of us online, I'd definately be up for some fellow traffic!

Fly-ins would be pretty awesome, each with our customized aircraft at different airfields. If we get enough people, it may get to the point where we need a tower controller.

That seems like exactly what I'm going for in V! Its like the VATSIM version of FS, watered down if course lol. I played quite a bit of SA-MP back in 2011/12 but unfortunately never had the opportunity to play with such peers. I look forward to flying with many of you who won't be out to just crash into one another or wreak havoc. I think the combination of Online players + A.I planes will make things interesting.

JuankAirPilot
  • JuankAirPilot

playboyXkilled2pac

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:41 AM

Great to meet you all, guys.
Can't wait to fly over LS and Blaine County!
I may have some news for you:
Remember IV where there planes would just circle around the map and don't land/take off?
Well, I believe we are in for some realistic airports/plane movements!
gtav_r98_ex_adc.jpg
akTImr2.png

Love the bottom flick and the car isn't half bad itself.

I'm glad Rockstar has included a larger variation of airlines as the bottom pic shows both a Herler 747 & Herler 767/A330 type plane near the gate. Still no sign of Juank :-(

alb-mac
  • alb-mac

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:44 AM

I would be so disappointed after all these screens with the 747s and airliners if we aren't actually able to fly them. That's the ONLY thing that would make me like the game less

• henriquedematos likes this

SesameStPimp
  • SesameStPimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:45 AM

I'm a little confused how one manages to fly IFR in GTA?

willpsplover11
  • willpsplover11

GTA V Pilots Club

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:54 AM

You don't. Go fly in real life or flight sim if you want real IFR simulation.

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

Russell > Frege

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:00 AM

I would be so disappointed after all these screens with the 747s and airliners if we aren't actually able to fly them. That's the ONLY thing that would make me like the game less

I really want to head to LSX after a few missions and try to enter one of the airliners, but I'm slightly afraid of a disappointment when pressing triangle near the airplane door. It's not like that would really ruin the game for me, I understand Rockstar has more important people to please other than commercial jet fanatics and there is always a great selection of smaller planes around, but damn... It would simply be such a huge dream turning into reality after San Andreas  :*(

Also, I don't think the FlyUS 747 looks as cool as the GTA IV one, but hey, it's still a 747. Even if you can't fly it, that doesn't make it any less of a great scenery element, and I'm pretty sure having multiple airlines on commercial jets will make the airports feel even more credible.

SesameStPimp
  • SesameStPimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:04 AM

You don't. Go fly in real life or flight sim if you want real IFR simulation.

Obviously (which I do both), thats why I was confused about the guy earlier mentioning ILS approaches and IFR charts in SA.

steveo91
  • steveo91

San Andreas Pilots

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

Obviously (which I do both), thats why I was confused about the guy earlier mentioning ILS approaches and IFR charts in SA.

Sorry, I meant VFR charts. Using ground landmarks to make your approaches/departures smoother.

LanceUppercut
  • LanceUppercut

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

Aviators! There's no airport in the north, a bit disappointing! I guess we just fly around in circles. Makes flyable jumbos seem unlikely.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Capitol Crusader

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2015
    Contribution Award [GTA Online]
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:27 AM Edited by gtavpoliceimprovements, 11 September 2013 - 11:33 AM.

I might post a few vids of me flying around when V is out!

And I was thinking, maybe there are smaller airstrips that wouldn't show on the map,maybe they only showed the larger airfield/airports only, just a thought

steveo91
  • steveo91

San Andreas Pilots

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

Aviators! There's no airport in the north, a bit disappointing! I guess we just fly around in circles. Makes flyable jumbos seem unlikely.

Don't worry! A couple of members spotted this small dirt strip in Grapeseed!

grapestrip.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users