Photo

GTAV Airports & Aviators

71 replies to this topic
JuankAirPilot
  • JuankAirPilot

playboyXkilled2pac

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:53 AM

I tried to friend almost everyone in this topic. Any aviator is a friend of mine!
  • steveo91, jfavignano, streetx1xracer and 1 other like this

jfavignano
  • jfavignano

Aviation/Weather Nerd

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:20 AM

I tried to friend almost everyone in this topic. Any aviator is a friend of mine!

Awesome Juank! I look forward to seeing you in the skies over San Andreas soon!

• JuankAirPilot and henriquedematos like this

steveo91
  • steveo91

San Andreas Pilots

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

Fellow Pilot here with a PPL and some IFR training around 75 hrs. I wanted to do it professionally but expenses got in the way of course so now I just keep current and do flying in FSX. I look forward to mapping out and learning approaches into airports so that we can try to fly IFR approaches. The new weather system has me pumped! I remember in San Andreas I used to map out approaches into each of the airports so I could accurately fly them when it was storming.

See y'all in the skies come October 1st! cool.gif

Perhaps somebody could make up a couple of charts once we have the game?

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

Russell > Frege

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

So fellow aviators, with what aircraft will you mostly be sticking up with?

http://gtaforums.com...r/?p=1063185441

Jack94
  • Jack94

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

gta-online-gameplay-tennis-player-distra

I really want to fly this

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

Russell > Frege

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:02 PM

I really want to fly this

Believe us, we all want to  :/

omgz153
  • omgz153

Disregard females, acquire monetary funds

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

Oh man I'm so excited to see so many aircraft enthusiasts! I would love to have as many airports as possible, preferably spread far apart from each other so I can create realistic flight plans  :lol:

• henriquedematos likes this

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

Russell > Frege

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

Oh man I'm so excited to see so many aircraft enthusiasts! I would love to have as many airports as possible, preferably spread far apart from each other so I can create realistic flight plans  :lol:

Yeah, it just sucks that there only seems to be LS International and a few airfields  :(

• omgz153 likes this

omgz153
  • omgz153

Disregard females, acquire monetary funds

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:35 PM

Yeah, it just sucks that there only seems to be LS International and a few airfields  :(

That's quite decent If you think about it. GTA SA was massive and it only had 3 main airports... 

Gifbrah
  • Gifbrah

GTAist.com Founder

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA]

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

That's quite decent If you think about it. GTA SA was massive and it only had 3 main airports... 

Those 3 airports were official airports though, not dusty old runways.  Many of the people on here (myself included) would like to take off from Los Santos and land at another large airport, not have to fly in a circle and land right back where we started from.

TheTerminatorNY
  • TheTerminatorNY

Saxon = Joke Account

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:58 PM Edited by TheTerminatorNY, 06 September 2013 - 11:59 PM.

....deleted....

flyboy7
  • flyboy7

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (steveo91 @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 16:16) Wow, long time since I've posted here!

Hello!

I'm also very much into flying. In fact, there's a crew that I'll invite you into that we've carried over from SA-MP. Really excited about the new aircraft.. By the looks of things, LSX is going to be pretty awesome and there should be a lot of potential! It'd be good to seek out new un-official airfields with some challenging approaches to make things a little more interesting.. Eg. a Chilliad peak strip?
What platform are you on? I'd gladly join your crew if you don't mind, please PM me.
I'm such an avid pilot in sandbox games that I made this in Just Cause:2:

Congratulations! The day has finally arrived where someone quoted you're post. 

Anyway, flying around in Just Cause 2 is like that old movie The Langoliers. You'll know what I mean if you have watched it.

JuankAirPilot
  • JuankAirPilot

playboyXkilled2pac

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

I'll probably make multiples in V. Following flight paths adds a ton of realism to GTA as flying a route between LSX and San Fierro was always more fun than just taking off and flying directly to it in a straight line for 30 secs. 

I actually made charts for SA back in SA while I was still working on my ATP license in college. I had Daytime/Nightime, ILS/VFR approaches to all the major airports and I even developed enough skills in GTA Map Editor to add a few smaller airfields in smaller towns around the maps for feeder flights. Before I began flying in real life I took Flight Simulator very seriously and as huge as the world of FS is I just could never get away from the amount of detail that the GTA world has over it

I'm craving the PC-12, Shamal and 767/A330 modeled aircraft. I also look forward to the array of Airlines available!

JuankAirPilot
  • JuankAirPilot

playboyXkilled2pac

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

Congratulations! The day has finally arrived where someone quoted you're post. 

Anyway, flying around in Just Cause 2 is like that old movie The Langoliers. You'll know what I mean if you have watched it.

LOL!! Accurate Comparison. 

At least you would occasionally see A.I aircraft in JC2 and there is a mod that increased air traffic so much to the point that you would almost constantly have near misses at lower altitudes. 

flyboy7
  • flyboy7

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

Imma start a crew called "Wings Over LS"

it would be nice if we could have one crew for non-violent, leisurely flight around LS. Imagine 16 players, 16 planes of all shapes and sizes flying in formation. Beautiful!

Then one guy in a jet fighter decides to blow us all up hahaha! 

• JuankAirPilot likes this

shadyelf
  • shadyelf

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

I'd love to join a pilot's group. I'm a big Ace Combat fan and loved flying in SA. Used to use a Rustler and take down Hydras, think I got 15 in one sitting once. Looking forward to soaring the SA skies again :D

flyboy7
  • flyboy7

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

LOL!! Accurate Comparison. 

At least you would occasionally see A.I aircraft in JC2 and there is a mod that increased air traffic so much to the point that you would almost constantly have near misses at lower altitudes. 

Oh Im so glad you got that reference.. strangely enough I never got fond of JC2 in spite of its immense map and the things you could do like standing outside an airliner in flight. I guess my heart belongs to GTA

SesameStPimp
  • SesameStPimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

I miss JC2. That old man in the Rickshaw spent almost as much time flying in that game as I did.

Ralss05
  • Ralss05

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

After spending all my work week in transport category flying mostly strait and level im excited to live vicariously through Trevor getting inverted in the extra or doing some low and slow beach passes in the dodo and barnstorming the crop duster.

steveo91
  • steveo91

San Andreas Pilots

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

I'll probably make multiples in V. Following flight paths adds a ton of realism to GTA as flying a route between LSX and San Fierro was always more fun than just taking off and flying directly to it in a straight line for 30 secs. 

I actually made charts for SA back in SA while I was still working on my ATP license in college. I had Daytime/Nightime, ILS/VFR approaches to all the major airports and I even developed enough skills in GTA Map Editor to add a few smaller airfields in smaller towns around the maps for feeder flights. Before I began flying in real life I took Flight Simulator very seriously and as huge as the world of FS is I just could never get away from the amount of detail that the GTA world has over it

I'm craving the PC-12, Shamal and 767/A330 modeled aircraft. I also look forward to the array of Airlines available!

Ahh, fantastic! If you head over to the SA-MP San Andreas Pilots server at any time (www.sapilots.net), we built quite a few mainland airports and there's a page full of IFR charts and a live ATC RADAR. I can't imagine anything as complex as that coming to V soon, but if we can get some charts and a few of us online, I'd definately be up for some fellow traffic!

Fly-ins would be pretty awesome, each with our customized aircraft at different airfields. If we get enough people, it may get to the point where we need a tower controller.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Capitol Crusader

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2015
    Contribution Award [GTA Online]
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

Can't wait to fly the Luxor and Shamal and Titan!

Skozza89
  • Skozza89

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

Big flight fan. The range of air vehicles available from screenshots/trailers excites me to be fair. From cropdusters to fighter jets. From a blimp to an attack chopper.

Magnet_man16
  • Magnet_man16

C# Programmer

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:00 PM Edited by Magnet_man16, 07 September 2013 - 02:01 PM.

I wonder if you can stall the plane. And when you get in it do you go automatically to the pilots seat or can you walk around inside. I would love to be a pilot with 16 passengers. But if one got out of their seat and walked into the cockpit and killed me i would be pissed, i would put it into a spin lol.

I wonder if theres auto pilot. I could do with a feature like that. I think there might be as trevor jumps out of a plane that isnt flying down at like 45 degrees.

[Edit]

15 passengers lol. (all real people)

sharpshooter_08
  • sharpshooter_08

Eroding...Eroding..ewwwee This is Bruce Nolan back to you f*cker

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

Hello fellow pilots my name is David. I have been a private pilot for years and working on my IFR ratting. I am also an AMP I have just started at yulista this week. Only one more year and I will have my AI, so if ain of y'all need annual inspections I am your guy lol. I also play falcon 4.0 bms I would consider my self a damn good fight pilot as well. Oh and last I am studying extreme weather as a hobby ( mainly tornados). See y'all in the skies. Good day gents
  • steveo91 likes this

steveo91
  • steveo91

San Andreas Pilots

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:52 PM Edited by steveo91, 07 September 2013 - 03:08 PM.

Hello fellow pilots my name is David. I have been a private pilot for years and working on my IFR ratting. I am also an AMP I have just started at yulista this week. Only one more year and I will have my AI, so if ain of y'all need annual inspections I am your guy lol. I also play falcon 4.0 bms I would consider my self a damn good fight pilot as well. Oh and last I am studying extreme weather as a hobby ( mainly tornados). See y'all in the skies. Good day gents

Hi there David! Look forward to flying with you in October! There's a Pilot's crew in my signature that might make things easier for us to all meet up, if you're interested. Dogfights are going to be amazing. Especially if they've modelled in stalls, even if they're as basic as in San Andreas. Here's to hoping the rustler is back!

Does this get anyone excited? The scale of the Shamal looks far more realistic than in GTA:SA!

876-1280.jpg

z06z33
  • z06z33

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

Ahh, fantastic! If you head over to the SA-MP San Andreas Pilots server at any time (www.sapilots.net), we built quite a few mainland airports and there's a page full of IFR charts and a live ATC RADAR. I can't imagine anything as complex as that coming to V soon, but if we can get some charts and a few of us online, I'd definately be up for some fellow traffic!

Fly-ins would be pretty awesome, each with our customized aircraft at different airfields. If we get enough people, it may get to the point where we need a tower controller.

Fly-inns would be awesome!

steveo91
  • steveo91

San Andreas Pilots

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

Do you think we'll be expecting weather reports for adverse weather? From the reviews (IGN, CVG etc) I've been looking at, looks like we're getting turbulence and wind shear! Although, it would be amazing to be caught in one of those huge storms over the mountains, in a dodo! I also read about "engine spluttering" and cut-outs a couple of times, if you hold down the left trigger. Do you think we'll be getting power-off landings?!

I hope there's also some Pilot clothes to purchase online. Think of the group photo!

wounded panda
  • wounded panda

..just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

Also an FAA PPL holder here smile.gifWould love to take out the Dodo for some VFR. Hopefully the flying physics are similar to GTA SA and Saints Row 2, if not better! Here's the link to our pilot crew, so we can easily meet up in GTA:O. http://socialclub.ro..._andreas_pilots

Favorite plane so far guys? I'd have to say either the Luxor or the Piper Malibu lookalike. Would be awesome if we could make custom liveries, too!

Yeehaah! Who doesn't love flying, by the official trailer it almost seems there can be proper airduels, that would be a.w.e.s.o.m.e.!!  :)

Please add me to your flight crew, I'll be your steward serving drinks easily, making sure everyones got their electronic devices shut down before takeoff.

/wounded panda

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

fellow vAviator signing in!

hithere5
  • hithere5

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

Great to meet you all, guys.

Can't wait to fly over LS and Blaine County!

I may have some news for you:

Remember IV where there planes would just circle around the map and don't land/take off?

Well, I believe we are in for some realistic airports/plane movements!

gtav_r98_ex_adc.jpg

akTImr2.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users