GTAV Airports & Aviators

71 replies to this topic
skyesqualo
  • skyesqualo

British Sammarinese Malteser

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:05 PM

Hi.

Is there any confirmation on how many airports are in this game yet?

From the obvious all I have is Los Santos International, The business jet advert says "fly from Los Santos to Paleto bay" so that would be a second airport. There is also the airfield at Sandy shores. Also I assume there is a Military air base for the jets. Are any other airfields or airports known? Maybe a Boneyard? Thanks

Also anyone majorly into flying feel free to add me on multiplayer. Am new to it all but yeah.. Flying is my thing.

http://socialclub.ro...mber/skyesqualo

^5
  • steveo91 likes this

steveo91
  • steveo91

San Andreas Pilots

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

Wow, long time since I've posted here!

Hello!

I'm also very much into flying. In fact, there's a crew that I'll invite you into that we've carried over from SA-MP. Really excited about the new aircraft.. By the looks of things, LSX is going to be pretty awesome and there should be a lot of potential! It'd be good to seek out new un-official airfields with some challenging approaches to make things a little more interesting.. Eg. a Chilliad peak strip?

skyesqualo
  • skyesqualo

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (steveo91 @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 16:16)

Hello!

I'm also very much into flying. In fact, there's a crew that I'll invite you into that we've carried over from SA-MP. Really excited about the new aircraft.. By the looks of things, LSX is going to be pretty awesome and there should be a lot of potential! It'd be good to seek out new un-official airfields with some challenging approaches to make things a little more interesting.. Eg. a Chilliad peak strip?

Excellent stuff cheers.

That would be quality, something like Courchevel. panic.gif

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

There's no airport in or around Paleto Bay but there is one south of Sandy Shores. I also wouldn't rule out a military base yet.

skyesqualo
  • skyesqualo

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (2281 @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 16:29)
There's no airport in or around Paleto Bay but there is one south of Sandy Shores. I also wouldn't rule out a military base yet.

Hi

It says here.. "private jet on standbye and buzz up to paleto".

http://www.rockstarg...xury-air-travel

the look on her face when you say you're a producer and you have a private jet on standby. The former may not be true, but thanks to unpredictable gridlock on streets and freeways, the skies are the way to travel. Fly from Los Santos International Airport, buzz up to scenic Paleto Bay on the north coast of Blaine County and make your move on her while she's high on altitude and Nogo vodka.

There is a possibility it could just be a helicopter flight though so you are probably right. With all the planes and some of them being large though I figured we would have a lot more airfields to play with.

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

Paleto Bay is the northernmost point on the map (and stuck behind a mountain). It could just be a way of saying you can fly anywhere.

Ambient_
  • Ambient_

Loving GTA:O

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (steveo91 @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 16:16)

Hello!

What platform are you on? I'd gladly join your crew if you don't mind, please PM me.
I'm such an avid pilot in sandbox games that I made this in Just Cause:2:

iggy0747
  • iggy0747

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

Multi-Commercial Pilot here, working for a charter company at the moment. Can't wait until this game comes out, and the wait is almost over!!! pm if you want me in your crew. PS3 here

TurbosaursRex
  • TurbosaursRex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:51 PM

Awesome, glad there are some other weirdos out there. I remember getting more and more excited with every new GTA when you could fly just a little more reaching an epoch in SA with all those planes. I think I had my "pilots licence" before I even unlocked San Fierro. GTAIV was a major disappointment with no fixed wing.

Can't wait to get behind the yoke in GTAV.

Feel free to invite me to any flying social groups, not sure how it works but my XBL GT is JoeModz

steveo91
  • steveo91

San Andreas Pilots

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:25 PM

Also an FAA PPL holder here smile.gif Would love to take out the Dodo for some VFR. Hopefully the flying physics are similar to GTA SA and Saints Row 2, if not better! Here's the link to our pilot crew, so we can easily meet up in GTA:O. http://socialclub.ro..._andreas_pilots

Favorite plane so far guys? I'd have to say either the Luxor or the Piper Malibu lookalike. Would be awesome if we could make custom liveries, too!

skyesqualo
  • skyesqualo

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

Has to be the herc for me man.. Heavy prop for the win. Also the Marines Helicopter.. Love a heavy Aircraft. colgate.gif

JH890
  • JH890

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

CPL(A) Frozen ATPL here! san andreas pilots request pending.

JuankAirPilot
  • JuankAirPilot

playboyXkilled2pac

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:45 PM

Flew E170's for TCF out of Indianapolis/Columbus, OH before being terminated in 2010, I'll be joining you guys. There's a lot of ppl and topics on these forums regarding aviation.

So far I'm figuring 3 civil airfields, a military base and a graveyard/storage facility. I'm also estatic that in addition to 747's we have a twin jetliner as well as multiple biz jets and GA machines.

steveo91
  • steveo91

San Andreas Pilots

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:45 PM

If you're FISOI9N, then all accepted. Welcome aboard guys! biggrin.gif I'd love to get to the stage where we can run competitions, dogfights, races etc. against each other and other clans, and set up a fleet of aircraft! A home base would be nice as well. Hopefully there's a comfy FBO at one of the airfields, with plenty of beer and women. Flight planning GTA style..

JH890
  • JH890

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (steveo91 @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 17:45)
If you're FISOI9N, then all accepted. Welcome aboard guys! biggrin.gif

icon14.gif

rbnlenin
  • rbnlenin

加油朋友们!

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

Wow, so many pilots. Awesome!

SesameStPimp
  • SesameStPimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

Commercial rated helo pilot here. I'm looking forward to see what the helos can do in GTA V.

willpsplover11
  • willpsplover11

GTA V Pilots Club

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

PPL holder here. Count me in. However, the flying physics in V look pretty arcadey.

skyesqualo
  • skyesqualo

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

Sweet, we should have a nice reliable aviation community to chill out amongst!

So far I'm figuring 3 civil airfields, a military base and a graveyard/storage facility. I'm also estatic that in addition to 747's we have a twin jetliner as well as multiple biz jets and GA machines.

I sure hope we can pilot all the planes that are seen.

steveo91
  • steveo91

San Andreas Pilots

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (willpsplover11 @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 18:33)
PPL holder here. Count me in. However, the flying physics in V look pretty arcadey.

Quite possibly... Although in the CVG preview, where they stole the Titan, they were talking about how long it took for the plane to take off. So we've got at least a teeny improvement on San Andreas. Also, the video where the Titan is taking off, it looks kinda smooth and realistic. Let's hope!

itsdajmann08
  • itsdajmann08

GTAV

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:14 AM

I'll take the skies with you guys! Except as of now I only have an Xbox

Ralss05
  • Ralss05

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:26 AM

CRJ-2 driver here. I cannot wait to get low and buzz the coast w/ the extra, crop dust some citizens, inverted under the bridges, pylon race course flying challenges, take the shamal to the altitude limit, etc etc.

I bid my schedule this month around the release date. I'm on 17th-20th biggrin.gif

skyesqualo
  • skyesqualo

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (Ralss05 @ Friday, Aug 30 2013, 03:26)
CRJ-2 driver here. I cannot wait to get low and buzz the coast w/ the extra, crop dust some citizens, inverted under the bridges, pylon race course flying challenges, take the shamal to the altitude limit, etc etc.

I bid my schedule this month around the release date. I'm on 17th-20th biggrin.gif

That's what I call priorities man. icon14.gif colgate.gif cookie.gif

steveo91
  • steveo91

San Andreas Pilots

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

Wind is confirmed! biggrin.gif

I was also thinking of organizing a bit of an airshow sometime in the near future, if anybody would like to get in on it?

z06z33
  • z06z33

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

Wow tons of other realworld pilots on here I have a commerical muti. Cant wait to get in the air in V. But for now I'm flying the new PMDG 777 from klax to rksi on fsx. Wonder if one can start an airline or sorts on gta online flying charters ect

cheetah_7
  • cheetah_7

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

The IGN preview confirms at least 2 airfields and a military base (aside from Los Santos airport). I hope they aren't just dusty desert strips. I hope they're tarmac and have control towers and quite a few planes...

LadyFondou
  • LadyFondou

High-Life

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:03 PM

Imma start a crew called "Wings Over LS"

Flyerstarter
  • Flyerstarter

Los Santos Aviator

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

Do we have a crew on the 360?

willpsplover11
  • willpsplover11

GTA V Pilots Club

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:08 AM

This picture will excite all of us pilots biggrin.gif

user posted image

jfavignano
  • jfavignano

Aviation/Weather Nerd

• Members

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:03 AM

Fellow Pilot here with a PPL and some IFR training around 75 hrs. I wanted to do it professionally but expenses got in the way of course so now I just keep current and do flying in FSX. I look forward to mapping out and learning approaches into airports so that we can try to fly IFR approaches. The new weather system has me pumped! I remember in San Andreas I used to map out approaches into each of the airports so I could accurately fly them when it was storming.

See y'all in the skies come October 1st! cool.gif
  • suicidebanche likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users