» «
Photo

Who else dropped out of high school?

38 replies to this topic
Riding shotgun
  • Riding shotgun

Burn till I cant burn no more

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:35 AM Edited by Riding shotgun, 13 January 2014 - 01:19 PM.

like title says

Silverbolt Wolf
  • Silverbolt Wolf

the resident furry

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:38 AM

I dropped out because I get really bad migraines but I really want to go back and I can cause I'm 19

Riding shotgun
  • Riding shotgun

Burn till I cant burn no more

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (Silverbolt Wolf @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 01:38)
I dropped out because I get really bad migraines but I really want to go back and I can cause I'm 19

Go back. It will be one of the best choices you've ever made. I felt like I was stubborn for quiting, not listning to my family so go back!

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:42 AM

I dropped out once and after about 3mos, I went back. Real-life sucked major balls.. so I went back and graduated.

As far as jobs, these days or in an American economy, it's best to know someone. Education doesn't necessarily mean you're qualified for a job, as some college graduates can't even find employment. Your best chance is experience and sticking to what you know. You say you worked at a coffee shop, try and find another or possibly a bakery? Don't give up though, go to your local Department of Labor and they help you with finding employment, though it may not be what you're suited for, it sure beats waiting in line for soup somewhere.

I would say go for your GED, no matter how long you have to wait, get your name on that list. Then find or keep looking for a job, try and get unemployment, food stamps, something until you can find a job. If you manage to get your GED and still have trouble getting a job.. mow lawn, shovel snow.. whatever you have to to survive.. fill out applications, if they never call, go to that place of business again and ask about your application or put in another one. Some businesses will respond quickly or more for those who seem determined for the job, I got one during High School by putting 4 applications in at a local video store and finally I got a phone call and he responded with 'I liked that you kept coming back, that's what I like to see'..

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:45 AM

I got kicked out of school for bad attendance, and generally being a little sh*t. I'm 18 now, I go college and I'm learning plumbing.

Never thought I'd say this but, I seriously miss school. Best few years of my life, everything is just so damn serious now.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:29 AM

Noticed this post of yours OP in another topic.

I heard it started on 9/11. IMO legalize marijuana it has so many uses its crazy that we are keeping it illegal. The world needs to progress, stop pissing and sh*tting in clean water, helping people in need and giving back to wildlife. I know its a big task but everyone needs to do their part.

Stop driving vehicles. Now, now don't flame me "well how am i going to get anywhere?" Use a bicycle. More bikes could travel in the same amount of time than cars could. Not to mention cars kill people and the obvious pollute.

Sure you didn't drop out of school earlier than 17?

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:32 AM

I always hated school but never seriously considered dropping out, I don't really understand why people do it when they don't have an extreme passion for another goal they're chasing or at least a pretty solid back up plan.

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:13 AM

I've been wanting to for years already, but I kept pushing myself to keep going and now I'm in my final year.. I'm scared to drop out because I've seen the real world hit many of my friends, and I know me dropping out will ruin my life.

And thanks to some of the posts in this thread, it's only making me push harder

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

-

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:19 AM

I dropped out of the womb.

Premature birth yo. f*cking rebel without a cause right here.

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:38 AM

I never thought of dropping out of High School. Then again, I won't even have the option to, since I would need to be 18 to do it. And at that point, I might as well finish school.

I was a terrible student. Not that I was late or a trouble maker, I just didn't do my sh*t or if I did, I would do it half assed. Kinda a different story in College.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:48 AM

Graduated with standard diploma, now working in a factory.

Yeah.

Turkish Turketarian
  • Turkish Turketarian

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:52 AM Edited by CP27, 29 August 2013 - 04:56 AM.

I did but not by choice.

When I was 16, life all of sudden went to sh*t. I never even knew my mom was struggling because she hid it well. Next thing I know, we were homeless and eventually car less. I had no way to get to school, not even any money to take the bus. Soo I just had to stop going.

By the time my mom was back on her feet, I was majorly depressed and couldn't bring myself to care about school. I'm now 19 and still haven't found it in me to care. So far, I'm doing alright with a decent enough job. May get my GED and go to community college later on but I doubt it to be honest, I'm not very hopeful.

I don't feel so sh*tty anymore though and can at least take care of myself with the job I have now. Ah well, life's a b*tch and then you die confused.gif

Mv6
  • Mv6

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE (Riding shotgun @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 01:35)
I am 22. I dropped out when I was 17. Like most I thought i had it figured out then and yeah, not so much lol. I am trying to get a job and its insanely hard. Most fast food places wont even call me back when I worked at a coffee shop as a baker for over a year! I have the option of going to places in town where I can get on a waiting list for GED. A place in my town helps youths ages 16-25 who are at risk of becoming homeless. The other choice would be a back to school program with other drop outs. So why did I quit? In short, skipping a lot of classes and the school had a violence problem between two gangs.

Who else never finished school but thinks they could of if you were a more positive person in school?

These days an education isn't enough. Now you need work experience aswell. Don't sweat it man, best thing you can do is figure out what you want and go for it. It's never too late or maybe learn a trade?

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:33 AM

I dropped out at the end of year 10 when I was 17. After a year went to an adult re-entry college 6 years later I finished my high-school education.

.2D
  • .2D

Does Anybody Remember Laughter?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Commonwealth

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:28 AM

I dropped out when I was 14 because f*ck school that sh*t is for chumps and nerds #YOLO for life bro.

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:40 AM

Not me, but had a friend that dropped out about 4 months before he would have graduated.

"Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:48 AM Edited by 018361, 29 August 2013 - 09:07 AM.

I didn't drop out, but I did take my education for granted. I always thought that the work was too hard or that I would never need it. Then I saw a speech by JFK while watching a video about space by Neil Degrasse Tyson. When he said that you shouldn't do something because it is easy, but instead do it because it is hard, it hit me that I really needed to take my work seriously.By that time I had left my high school for some other k12 education program and I ended up graduating a year earlier than I would have if I had stayed at the high school. If you get the opportunity, go back to get your G.E.D and then I would suggest going to a community college, if not somewhere better. If you need a bit of help some campuses offer financial aid to help cover school supplies too! Just never take your education for granted. Although I still am not sure what I want to do I know I want it to be about science and space. They interest me a whole lot and I enjoy learning about those subjects. Good luck!

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

I dropped out at the end of year 11 to join the air force. Never happened. confused.gif

Even though I did end up getting my HSC through Tafe 5 years later I'll always regret dropping out before year 12.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:28 AM

Nope. School was never a problem for me. I didn't like it though, because most of the things they thought me are useless and I knew they'd be useless. But the smart thing was to go along with it. I'm graduating from university in a week. And then I'm considering another one. Seriously guys, sitting down for a few hours every day to study isn't hard. Especially if the alternative is being a busboy.

Ryder_from_the_grave
  • Ryder_from_the_grave

Land of the Heartless

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

i dropped out in the middle of 11th grade junior year,mostly because i was always ditching class with the homies.then got sent to a place called central coast,a continuation school for kids that didnt do so well..dropped outta there too senior year.ever since my parents divorced around middle school was he beginning of my downfall and from there just snowballed,mom struggled a lot too so i really couldnt focus in school yenno.one of my older cousins heard about my troubles so he offered me a chance to move out with him to vegas and straighten me out he said,so i lived out there for about a year for schooling and graduated.thankful i was,and definitely needed that.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Lend me 10 and I'll buy you a drink.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

I dropped out during the year 11, f*cking stupid decision. I'm now studying carpentry so it could have turned out worse, still a foolish idea.

GTA fan from the United Kingdom
  • GTA fan from the United Kingdom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (Riding shotgun @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 01:35)
I am 22. I dropped out when I was 17. Like most I thought i had it figured out then and yeah, not so much lol. I am trying to get a job and its insanely hard. Most fast food places wont even call me back when I worked at a coffee shop as a baker for over a year! I have the option of going to places in town where I can get on a waiting list for GED. A place in my town helps youths ages 16-25 who are at risk of becoming homeless. The other choice would be a back to school program with other drop outs. So why did I quit? In short, skipping a lot of classes and the school had a violence problem between two gangs.

Who else never finished school but thinks they could of if you were a more positive person in school?

Don't worry about it, just keep trying. Its nothing to do with how good or bad you did in school. I left school with decent grades and I am struggling to find a job, and I know others who left school with crap grades and now they are on 30, 000 a year. You will find a lot of people who are famous and successful, are the ones who dropped out of school, because they were so determined to make something of themselves and felt that school was just a waste of time and dragging them down.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Been saving it for a rainy day...

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

I never experienced of drop-outs yet in my life. Probably because I'm just that smart to let go. tounge.gif

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

I've been close to drop it. I f*cking hate the education system down here and it has annoyed me too much in the last years, to the point of considering abandoning it. But I'm not that fool to drop out, even more considering how difficult is to get a job lately.

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

Jeez, doesn't anyone think to get their GED at the same time they drop out?

Waldie
  • Waldie

Bruce

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

I didn't want to leave high school - stuck around for the full six years.

Dropped out of university after the first year though.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

I'm still in high school, going to junior year. I don't want to drop out, though. My oldest sister dropped out, but she got her GED and now works in an insurance company. My other sister finished school, but immediately went to the Army afterwards.

I actually kind of like school. Sure, it's boring, but it's pretty much the only excuse I have to get out of the house and see my friends. And I don't find the work too hard, for the most part. I'd just like to get my diploma and see where I go from there.

Archvile78
  • Archvile78

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:25 PM

I had a very difficult experience in high school. Mostly with mental bullying, eventually i just cracked and dropped out. That was six years ago though, i started going back this year and things are going much better now. I often feel i wasted so many years of my life by just sitting at home but its not too late to turn that around.

Finite
  • Finite

Lazarus

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 04:19)
I dropped out of the womb.

Premature birth yo. f*cking rebel without a cause right here.

I stand against the uterus' wishes, I broke free of the bold and tore of the tube that fed me motherf*ckers!

Hollowpoints
  • Hollowpoints

Poop like a Derp!

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:46 PM

Well, I'm not sure if this counts but I'm going to take some G.E.D. math remedial classes and possibly go to college to earn enough college credits for enlistment in the armed forces.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users