Confirmed Music in GTA:V

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
990 replies to this topic
LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (Cyfa @ Monday, Nov 12 2012, 17:20)
Nice to see that Rockstar's music taste is always limited to classic rock. This sure is contemporary LA, isn't it.

What the hell were you hoping for? Music doesn't exist in contemporary LA. It's just black rappers with Macbooks and pre-existing music.

Zip87
  • Zip87

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 00:37)
QUOTE (Cyfa @ Monday, Nov 12 2012, 17:20)
Nice to see that Rockstar's music taste is always limited to classic rock. This sure is contemporary LA, isn't it.

What the hell were you hoping for? Music doesn't exist in contemporary LA. It's just black rappers with Macbooks and pre-existing music.

-Glitch house, Flying Lotus
-Stoner rock, Fu-Manchu, QoTSA
-Cowpunk, Gun Club
-80's hardcore, crossover thrash, Black Flag, DRI
-Dub
-contemporary hiphop, like Gangrene or Dilated Peoples, Odd Future (DURR I ONLY KNOW LIL WAYNE ALL HIPHOP IS sh*t)
-underground rnb like Frank Ocean and XX
-Witch house
-retro revival, like Kavinsky
-garage, Black Lips, Left Lane Cruiser
-surf, surf-punk
-lofi, Ducktails, Wavves
-mexican drug ballads
-exotica, Esquivel

There's plenty to chose from and these are only the genres from the top off my head.

MERCYOVTHEDEVIL
  • MERCYOVTHEDEVIL

Makaveli Trained

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

^ Tupac has got to make it in on that list since he only had one track in San Andreas.. Los Santos, time to visit the westside.. xD It'll be nice to see some Chronic and Doggystyle tracks and who can say no to NWA? Classic East Coast Hip Hop should make it in too like in SA with Playback FM..

FCM
  • FCM

Toreno

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:14 AM Edited by FCM, 13 November 2012 - 01:17 AM.

QUOTE (Okin @ Monday, Nov 12 2012, 23:55)
QUOTE (FCM @ Monday, Nov 12 2012, 21:43)
Two GREAT songs.

Hey new-age rappers, Bieber/Minaj/Selena/Rihanna/all-the-sh*t-they-make-today/-fans, you should listen to these songs. They are the definition of what quality is. I have a preference for the Small Faces.

LSD years my friends.

Your "LSD years"?

Nothing cool about taking LSD for years bud. Pretty pathetic actually.

I didn't say I did LSD it's just the music that probably was made under the influence of LSD. The Small Faces and Golden Herring is from the LSD era. Think about that song too:

But in some way, yeah, I have nothing against the use of any kind of drug you want eh. You do what you want and don't criticize it until you have taken it too and know something about it.

Afusensi
  • Afusensi

BUSTED!

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

Great there is dub music! I hope king tubby is on there. Nice thread.

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

http://www.grandthef...ations_in_GTA_V

There are a couple songs on there that they claim have been mentioned by name in an interview, or, something like that.

FCM
  • FCM

Toreno

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

But really who confirmed Golden Earring would be in GTA V? I see everyone knows it but where does that comes from?

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (FCM @ Monday, Nov 12 2012, 17:21)
But really who confirmed Golden Earring would be in GTA V? I see everyone knows it but where does that comes from?

When IGN was watching the game, when they switched to Trevor and he drove to the gas station and lit his truck on fire, that song came on the radio and they took note of it.

FCM
  • FCM

Toreno

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (jackass2009 @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 01:31)

When IGN was watching the game, when they switched to Trevor and he drove to the gas station and lit his truck on fire, that song came on the radio and they took note of it.

Yeah where is this information written? Where on IGN's website?

assmillk
  • assmillk

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:15 AM

My friend works for rockstar and told me this song is going to be in gta v. YouTube
  • snollygoster747 likes this

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (FCM @ Monday, Nov 12 2012, 17:39)

I think either there or the 22 minute video they uploaded a couple hours ago on youtube discussing GTA V.

Cwave
  • Cwave

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (FCM @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 01:39)

It's here:
http://www.guardian....v-preview-gta-5

Just press Ctrl-F and type "Radar Love"

@Everyone: Sorry for my ignorance, but how do we know the song used in the first trailer will be in the actual game? I'm not saying you're wrong, but how do you know? Is it always the case that music used in R*'s trailers ends up in their games?

Liberty2k7
  • Liberty2k7

Welcome to Burger Shot, Mo' F**kaa!

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (Cwave @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 02:22)
QUOTE (FCM @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 01:39)

It's here:
http://www.guardian....v-preview-gta-5

Just press Ctrl-F and type "Radar Love"

@Everyone: Sorry for my ignorance, but how do we know the song used in the first trailer will be in the actual game? I'm not saying you're wrong, but how do you know? Is it always the case that music used in R*'s trailers ends up in their games?

As far as I can remember all the music from GTA trailers have made it into the in-game radio. Definately San Andreas onwards I think they all definately have though.

LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

It's a wonderful horrible life.

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (assmillk @ Monday, Nov 12 2012, 18:15)
My friend works for rockstar and told me this song is going to be in gta v. YouTube

Nice. I forgot about that damn song lol.gif

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:55 AM

Here's some speculation from me.

When we talk about radio content (not just music), we can make some educated guesses about GTA V. We can most certainly expect to have Lazlow as both a radio personality and one of the lead creators of the radio in general. Also, Frank Chavez, probably known as "Fernando Martinez" to most, has a long history with the GTA franchise.

From artwork, we can see mentions of Love Fist. This really doesn't confirm much, but it's possible we might get some new content from the fictional band.

Can we also expect some music from Phil Collins? He seems to be good friends with Rockstar Games. He had a cameo appearance in three missions in GTA VCS along with three of his songs in the same game ("In the Air Tonight", "Easy Lover", and "Turn It On Again"). Adding to that, the Genesis song, "Mama", featured on GTA IV's Liberty Rock Radio.

Joakim95
  • Joakim95

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

I heard somewhere that Pink Floyd will have a song in GTA V, and Depeche Mode too. That would be so cool. Personal Jesus in San Andreas, and Everything Counts in Vice City Stories, and now probably one of their new songs in GTA V.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

Dub music? Really? Cool. We can expect some Lee 'Scratch' Perry. IF he's not on there, I'll be baffled.

I also hope Depeche Mode too. We need Autobahn by Kraftwerk too. icon14.gif

caiaof
  • caiaof

Amputechture

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 04:55)
Here's some speculation from me.

When we talk about radio content (not just music), we can make some educated guesses about GTA V. We can most certainly expect to have Lazlow as both a radio personality and one of the lead creators of the radio in general. Also, Frank Chavez, probably known as "Fernando Martinez" to most, has a long history with the GTA franchise.

From artwork, we can see mentions of Love Fist. This really doesn't confirm much, but it's possible we might get some new content from the fictional band.

Can we also expect some music from Phil Collins? He seems to be good friends with Rockstar Games. He had a cameo appearance in three missions in GTA VCS along with three of his songs in the same game ("In the Air Tonight", "Easy Lover", and "Turn It On Again"). Adding to that, the Genesis song, "Mama", featured on GTA IV's Liberty Rock Radio.

Love Fist appears as a poster in SA and they mention them in IV, maybe the shirt is just an easter egg.

but I think you're right with Phil Collins. Other bands, like The Who, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Lynyrd Skynyrd, David Bowie and The Isley Brother are featured in 2 games. Maybe their chances of be included again are bigger.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

I think it's pretty save to assume the Eagles are going to be included in the classic rock radio. They fit perfectly into the game and I'm not just talking about the famous song called Hotel California. All their songs have this desert cruisin' vibe and they have plenty of tunes that SHOULD be in GTA V.

Also, I'm really interested in that opera genre radio. Perhaps something similar to Journey from GTA IV? I would love something like that.

Zip87
  • Zip87

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 15:20)
I think it's pretty save to assume the Eagles are going to be included in the classic rock radio. They fit perfectly into the game and I'm not just talking about the famous song called Hotel California. All their songs have this desert cruisin' vibe and they have plenty of tunes that SHOULD be in GTA V.

Also, I'm really interested in that opera genre radio. Perhaps something similar to Journey from GTA IV? I would love something like that.

I love that song, but the Eagles are f*cking assholes. They get their panties in a bunch any time someone even thinks about featuring or touching one of their songs.
Don't think with their notoriety of being such moneyhungry f*ckers Rockstar would try to even license one of their songs, especially Hotel California.
Remember how Ray Liotta got mad and demanded more money after finding out how much of a success Vice City was? Yeah, The Eagles would most definitely try to pull the same sh*t.

The Gypsy Kings cover and Frank Ocean's remake American Wedding are way better too. Guess they didn't take it too easy that a 20something black kid could make a masterpiece with their melody.

markwey
  • markwey

Cool Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

Yeah, R* sure has a great taste in music.
'Radar Love' rocks, man!
One of the best driving songs ever, no doubt.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (Zip87 @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 15:25)
QUOTE (Zancudo @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 15:20)

I love that song, but the Eagles are f*cking assholes. They get their panties in a bunch any time someone even thinks about featuring or touching one of their songs.
Don't think with their notoriety of being such moneyhungry f*ckers Rockstar would try to even license one of their songs, especially Hotel California.
Remember how Ray Liotta got mad and demanded more money after finding out how much of a success Vice City was? Yeah, The Eagles would most definitely try to pull the same sh*t.

The Gypsy Kings cover and Frank Ocean's remake American Wedding are way better too. Guess they didn't take it too easy that a 20something black kid could make a masterpiece with their melody.

Then it sucks, man. Looked forward for their tunes in GTA V, but if they're such f*ckers, then f*ck them. What a waste...

Anyways, Lynyrd Skynyrd have a great chance to be in the game. Though... they already featured two times in the game.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:40 PM Edited by epoxi, 13 November 2012 - 03:47 PM.

It is worth noting that modern copies (i.e. CDs) of Small Faces are produced by Essential http://www.google.co...3IHeO_0nUGbSBOg

Essential are an offshoot of London Records, which in turn are a subsidiary of Universal Music Group.

R* have a history of doing deals with one music company (e.g. how SA used UMG, III used Sony) for an entire game sound track, so it's worth only focusing on UMG releases as prospective candidates for GTAV radio music.

It is also worth noting the Golden Earring version of Radar Love is also a UMG record (unlike the White Lion version which was under Warner Music Group). GTA is known for paying tribute to the original song as opposed to covers (although does have a complex web of tracks that sample each other within its own soundtrack) so I think it is safe to say the Golden Earring version is the one we will hear.

Zip87
  • Zip87

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

^UMG owns about 50+ labels. That's thousands of artists probably if not more. But yeah, the Guardian confirmed it's the Golden Earring version anyways.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

Just so I can say "I told you so" when we get the game...there will be a track from The Alkaholiks (west coast hip hop crew from the 90s).

drakedub
  • drakedub

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

No Church In The Wild

imagine this was trailer 2 music,be straight dope!

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (epoxi @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 15:40)
It is worth noting that modern copies (i.e. CDs) of Small Faces are produced by Essential http://www.google.co...3IHeO_0nUGbSBOg

Essential are an offshoot of London Records, which in turn are a subsidiary of Universal Music Group.

R* have a history of doing deals with one music company (e.g. how SA used UMG, III used Sony) for an entire game sound track, so it's worth only focusing on UMG releases as prospective candidates for GTAV radio music.

It is also worth noting the Golden Earring version of Radar Love is also a UMG record (unlike the White Lion version which was under Warner Music Group). GTA is known for paying tribute to the original song as opposed to covers (although does have a complex web of tracks that sample each other within its own soundtrack) so I think it is safe to say the Golden Earring version is the one we will hear.

Interesting to know, thanks icon14.gif

darkplague
  • darkplague

Instigater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (jackass2009 @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 01:21)

There are a couple songs on there that they claim have been mentioned by name in an interview, or, something like that.

i believe you that they WERE there yesterday, because i got online for a few minutes before going to work... but it looks as though that information has been edited... i was going to look and see if there was a credible link on the page (which i honestly did not expect to find, especially originating from a wiki site.)

@Everybody and specifically FCM: for future reference, There is a link to source material on the Soundtrack table. there may be more than one site that confirms something but i will only link one page, as it would be redundant to do more than one link to the same information.

bluesboyjr
  • bluesboyjr

Founder of the Zee Memorial Foundation

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (darkplague @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 17:26)
QUOTE (jackass2009 @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 01:21)

i believe you that they WERE there yesterday, because i got online for a few minutes before going to work... but it looks as though that information has been edited... i was going to look and see if there was a credible link on the page (which i honestly did not expect to find, especially originating from a wiki site.)

Someone added the songs listed before the GameInformer article was released, claiming they were a "leak" from it. Of course, now that we've all seen the actual article where it makes no mention of music, we can all see it was just some more fake bullsh*t, so I edited the page.

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

Opera's in?

This is good news for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users