» «
Photo

Trailer Park Boys mod

7 replies to this topic
Maida
  • Maida

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:29 PM Edited by Maida, 02 September 2013 - 01:37 AM.

Since GTA V is coming out in a few weeks, I was thinking about working on a mod where you could play as Ricky, Julian and Bubbles since you can switch in the game between each character. I also want to work on making the trailer park, along with other spots like the jail, the liquor store outside of the park and some other areas. I also would want to get other characters from the show in there too, but that could take a while.
Anyway, I'm thinking about starting on making a model for Ricky in 3ds max. Is there any program and method to make a actual person that anyone can recommend because I'm not too familiar with 3ds max anymore, last i used it was a few years and i only made a few simple models like a water bottle.

So if anyone could give any advice or would wanna help out that would be awesome.

user posted image

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Out Sick with a Cold. Will be back when I get better

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:05 AM

suicidal.gif STOP f*ckING SPAMMING

Maida
  • Maida

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:29 AM

how it that spamming?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (Maida @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 18:29)
i only made a few simple models like a water bottle.

Can you show us to prove to us you can actually do something related to modelling?

Maida
  • Maida

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:37 PM Edited by Maida, 01 September 2013 - 06:03 PM.

user posted image
I just need someone to give some advice for making the models and the map. i don't need help all the way though it but anyone can just give some advice on how to start. I think I'm going to just start making it for gta iv because it could be a while before 5 comes out for pc.

The only reason i decided to post on here is because i usually would watch youtube tutorials and look at other tutorials but i haven't found sh*t on how to make a model of actual person.

A model like this, where it looks exactly like the person. That's where i'm wondering peoples methods on how to make a model like that. do they use actual pictures to the model or do they make its 100% from scratch?
user posted image

iwerez
  • iwerez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

It sounds like you dont even understand the basics of modelling? Using pictures or from scratch ?! what does that even mean? You want to get your pictures of a person or draw some yourself in a front view and side view. Then either box modelling, sculpting or scanning to make your human character. A quick google will lead you to millions of poeple modelling tutorials, its a considerable step up from a water bottle/ cylinder

Maida
  • Maida

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

It sounds like you dont even understand the basics of modelling? Using pictures or from scratch ?! what does that even mean? You want to get your pictures of a person or draw some yourself in a front view and side view. Then either box modelling, sculpting or scanning to make your human character. A quick google will lead you to millions of poeple modelling tutorials, its a considerable step up from a water bottle/ cylinder.

I do understand the basics, my terminology with graphic design is kind of f*cked though, i haven't done anything with graphic design for about 4 years so ive pretty much forgotten a lot of what i learned, but not all of it. 

Anyway, thanks for the input

iwerez
  • iwerez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

It sounds like you dont even understand the basics of modelling? Using pictures or from scratch ?! what does that even mean? You want to get your pictures of a person or draw some yourself in a front view and side view. Then either box modelling, sculpting or scanning to make your human character. A quick google will lead you to millions of poeple modelling tutorials, its a considerable step up from a water bottle/ cylinder.

I do understand the basics, my terminology with graphic design is kind of f*cked though, i haven't done anything with graphic design for about 4 years so ive pretty much forgotten a lot of what i learned, but not all of it. 

Anyway, thanks for the input

Well this isnt even graphic design, its barely a prop artist. You might wanna head over to polycount and look at the range of skills/techniques and abilities there, and see where you are in terms of ability.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users