Photo

Some more info on radiostations

100 replies to this topic
seVensantos
  • seVensantos

citizen of san andreas

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

why didnt they mention 2chainz, kendrick lamar or rick ross?

im only 4 hours into the 41 hours of music but ive heard some great music so far. i just let it play as i work on my pc. the 4 stations ive heard so far have been soul, rock, talk, radio los santos. all have been great listening. im using this audio as a way 2 pass the time & run out these 19 days.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:59 PM Edited by Fail_At_GTA, 28 August 2013 - 09:03 PM.

user posted image

The only name I recognize is Kenny Loggins.

stobe187
  • stobe187

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (topdownshooter @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 23:11)
QUOTE (Jimmy Darmody @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 20:04)
QUOTE (topdownshooter @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 19:56)
QUOTE (truthful @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 19:52)
QUOTE (topdownshooter @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 19:50)
Way too much rap and hip hop. Why does Rockstar think everybody that plays their game is a wigger?

its whats popular. rap and hip hop is what's popular and in these days.

Justin Beiber is popular too, does that mean we should all have to listen to him? Rap is trendy music for wannabe thugs. It's corny and there should be other options for us non hood rat types.

You got other musical genres in the game.

And every musical genre has their meaning and art to the fans. Don't start the "Rock is better than Rap" BS, please, it's just different.

Just saying Rockstar always has eight channels dedicated to rap and hip hop but not one good rock station, it's kind of dumb. Give us at least one proper rock/metal station. IV didn't have one.

Eight channels? What the f*ck have you been smoking – there were exactly two in IV, two in San Andreas etc.

Are you simple or are you just lumping all the reggaeton and dancehall channels into one "rap and hip hop" channel?

BRENDANMURPHY
  • BRENDANMURPHY

Tony and his Sacks

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:15 PM

Way too much rap and hip hop. Why does Rockstar think everybody that plays their game is a wigger?

nice to know racism is thriving in the community

stobe187
  • stobe187

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (Punk Noodles @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 23:22)
f*cking lol at saying that Rockstar is out of touch because they don't include some random rock band you happen to like. If you broadened your narrow view on music just a little bit, you'd see what an amazing and relevant selection of music they've included in the game so far. Stop your pathetic moaning.

This. The most important word being RELEVANT.

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (stobe187 @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 21:15)
f*cking lol at saying that Rockstar is out of touch because they don't include some random rock band you happen to like. If you broadened your narrow view on music just a little bit, you'd see what an amazing and relevant selection of music they've included in the game so far. Stop your pathetic moaning.

The "random rock band" he is making fun of is Black Sabbath...you know the guys who invented heavy metal...one of the most successful bands in the history of music. What are you guys 14 years old?

austinkopeck
  • austinkopeck

Meth Cook

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:18 PM

Channel X looks great. Keith Morris as the host, and so many great punk bands.

stobe187
  • stobe187

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE (topdownshooter @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 00:18)
QUOTE (stobe187 @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 21:15)

The "random rock band" he is making fun of is Black Sabbath...you know the guys who invented heavy metal...one of the most successful bands in the history of music. What are you guys 14 years old?

You are right, Sabbath is not in any way a "random rock band".

But if you read my post with a bit more thought you'll see I wasn't sh*tting on Black Sabbath at all – they were a groundbreaking act back then but would you really say they are relevant _now_ and especially in California?

Rockstar always tries to tie the soundtrack to the locale, the people in it and the cultural flavors inherent in the chosen city.

And c'mon the old rock neckbeards, you can fight and cling onto the 70s and the 80s all you want, but the fact is that "rock n roll" is not what it used to be: what back in the day sounded like Metallica, Sabbath or Kiss now sounds a lot softer and with a more pop flavor to it.

Anyways, I'm not hating on any music genre (except maybe gabber, that sh*t is obnoxious as hell) and I look forward to actually listening to all the 17 stations!

RonDutch
  • RonDutch

Anarchy 99 Holland @SocialClub

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE (Punk Noodles @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 20:22)

user posted image

Tommy_Vercetti_Mob
  • Tommy_Vercetti_Mob

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (ROCKSTAR MANIC @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 20:06)
Narco Corridos are my Fav icon14.gif im Listening to East los FM !!!!!

Yeah but they are sh*tty songs confused.gif

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

What's that gif supposed to mean

staticguy
  • staticguy

★ Watch out for ur stop!We go deep into the ghetto!

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:29 AM

where dafuq is Kavinsky?

LEXER1
  • LEXER1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (topdownshooter @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 20:11)
QUOTE (Jimmy Darmody @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 20:04)
QUOTE (topdownshooter @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 19:56)
QUOTE (truthful @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 19:52)

its whats popular. rap and hip hop is what's popular and in these days.

Justin Beiber is popular too, does that mean we should all have to listen to him? Rap is trendy music for wannabe thugs. It's corny and there should be other options for us non hood rat types.

You got other musical genres in the game.

And every musical genre has their meaning and art to the fans. Don't start the "Rock is better than Rap" BS, please, it's just different.

Just saying Rockstar always has eight channels dedicated to rap and hip hop but not one good rock station, it's kind of dumb. Give us at least one proper rock/metal station. IV didn't have one.

the game takes place in a remake of So Cal.

Hip hop and rap are pretty big over here.

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE (Tonythomas180 @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 17:22)
QUOTE (Dutch Psycho @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 17:21)
QUOTE (Tonythomas180 @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 17:19)
is it bad that i have no idea who flying lotus is?

I never heard of him either.

oh thank god for that, thought i was the only one.

That's a load off of my shoulders. For a while there I thought I wasn't scene enough and wouldn't fit in with the cool kids.

golf wang
  • golf wang

Westside!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

Funny how some people are complaining about the music. I think it's a great compilation so far. And btw, they try to put music that is actually popular in California, not some random genres that you guys like. They are trying to set that Southern California atmosphere, and it seems the tracks they have chosen so far are a pretty good start.

vozone
  • vozone

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (Trund @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 17:23)
QUOTE (kaanmijo @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 19:17)
Grand Theft Auto V will feature new tracks by a notably Los Angeles-centric group of artists including Health (who scored Rockstar's "Max Payne" game), Off!, Tyler the Creator, Hanni al Khatib and Freddie Gibbs, as well as Atlanta rapper Killer Mike, New York rapper A$AP Rocky, bedroom dance-soul artist Twin Shadow and Brooklyn indie rock band Yeasayer.

And then not even one song from RHCP? That's just SAD.

There's still more to find out, with 250 tracks that are meant to characterize the LA lifestyle, it's pretty hard to avoid RHCP. I hope they go with something from Blood Sugar Sex Magik.

If they have a reference to Bodhi from Point Break, they HAVE to have RHCP music!

ShaolinMaster
  • ShaolinMaster

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:52 AM

Not bad, I'm kinda disappointed in the hip hop radio.

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (seVensantos @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 20:54)
why didnt they mention 2chainz, kendrick lamar or rick ross?

im only 4 hours into the 41 hours of music but ive heard some great music so far. i just let it play as i work on my pc. the 4 stations ive heard so far have been soul, rock, talk, radio los santos. all have been great listening. im using this audio as a way 2 pass the time & run out these 19 days.

Have little bits of audio in the songs been repeating for you?

Exquise
  • Exquise

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (Zercex @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 17:27)
I still haven't seen any really famous rock bands like in previous GTAs, or am I wrong?

There was only one in GTA IV until the release of TLAD. Even then it was only Black Sabbath, AD/DC & Iron Maiden.

I just switch off the radio stations and use my stereo, turning up / down when I get in or out of a car because the rest of the stations bore the crap outta me, and Liberty Rock Radio was terrible.

Small phase of listening to the talk shows but when you realise how repetitive they are you stop listening to them too.

cryani.gif

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:01 AM

The game has 15 radio stations with different genres off music on them, and there's not a single one of them that interests you? That's just sad. You should conside broadening your horizon a bit.

relinquish
  • relinquish

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:01 AM

IDM radio station in GTA?
'bout time.

insaniity7
  • insaniity7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

Ahhh looks like i wont be listening to 90% of the radio. Shouldnt they have picked LA artists which would fit with modern times and the characters we play as? Really cant see Michael or Trevor listening to Rap/ Hip-Hop music haha

CRAZYGTASAINT
  • CRAZYGTASAINT

The Crazy GTA Saint

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

Wow, I hope the radio stations are as awesome as they sound!! colgate.gif

Sandboxfreak
  • Sandboxfreak

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

So much guys that are whining about the radiostations. Dear God, there is like for almost 42 hours at music. I'm listening during work. I only reached the first 2 hours yet, and it was already bang.

And from what i have heard the radio is really going to be a real radioshow, that continous during the entire day. Cause i heard a dj presentator saying "Good morning Los Santos for another bright and sunny day". The more i hear about this game, the more hyped i get.

OFF TOPIC: I really hope that the trailer that they are going to show this afternoon isn't going to be the one that i saw yesterday.

LennonNL
  • LennonNL

English Rose

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (insaniity7 @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 11:03)
Ahhh looks like i wont be listening to 90% of the radio. Shouldnt they have picked LA artists which would fit with modern times and the characters we play as? Really cant see Michael or Trevor listening to Rap/ Hip-Hop music haha

There will obviously be different music stations with different genres on suicidal.gif

And Tyler The Creator is a modern LA artist, probably why they chose him - not to mention he's a sick rapper.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

Actually, if you include Channel X (which I do), there are more rock stations than rap stations, so I don't really get the complaints.

MrSelfHater
  • MrSelfHater

Awaiting GTA V on PC

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

Channel X will be f*cking badass. I couldn't really get into Flying Lotus before, maybe GTA V will help me.

evoluon--720
  • evoluon--720

Left Field

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:24 PM

Flying Lotus sound is equivalent to what Dr Dre was doing in the 90's and early 00's.
different styles- but Flying Lotus has a major influence over artist like Thom Yorke-Tyler The Creator-Gonjasufi.Erykah Badu
its crazy he's on this game. im gonna be stuck on his station

OurMotherEarth
  • OurMotherEarth

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:24 PM

Aphix Twins- Windowlicker !!!!!!!!!!!

Bonfire ForCrow
  • Bonfire ForCrow

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:34 PM

I demand the return of Fusion FM!!

Not really, but to those that have listened to the OST; will my funk/fusion needs be somewhat satisfied? Someone mentioned soul music, and the use of the Small Faces in trailer 1 indicates they haven't completely disregarded older music. Here's hoping!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users